Exhaustive Guide: Car Detailing Basics

Anyone tried glass protection like rain x and Optimum Opti-Glass Pro what is the outcome and results.

-suryaputhra
I have used Proklear NGS which makes windshield Anti-Rain and Anti-Glare. It was good and durable but later I polished my windshield to get rid of scratches and that took away the NGS coating. Now I have applied Rain X original and it helps pretty much, though it doesn't make windshield Anti-Glare. In my place, rainfall is limited so I'm not much concerned about rain repellent.

These rain repellent products also make the glass smooth and prevents dirt, stains, bird drops, tree saps from bonding.

I have used Proklear NGS which makes windshield Anti-Rain and Anti-Glare. It was good and durable but later I polished my windshield to get rid of scratches and that took away the NGS coating. Now I have applied Rain X original and it helps pretty much, though it doesn't make windshield Anti-Glare. In my place, rainfall is limited so I'm not much concerned about rain repellent.

These rain repellent products also make the glass smooth and prevents dirt, stains, bird drops, tree saps from bonding.
thanks for info, this "Optimum Opti-Glass Pro" claims it adds resistance to rock chip and pitting due to road sand hitting due to front vehicle which is more common in India because we can not keep 3 sec or 6 sec safe distance. But if the product itself harm in long-term usage, wind shield replacement is a big cumbersome process.

suryaputhra

Last edited:

+1 for ProKlear NGS. I have used this just last week and it works well as rain repellent though I am yet to experience the Anti-glare part of it.

You can find detailed review here:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...i-glare-rain-shield-treatment-windshield.html

Regards,
KK

thanks for info, this "Optimum Opti-Glass Pro" claims it adds resistance to rock chip and pitting due to road sand hitting due to front vehicle which is more common in India because we can not keep 3 sec or 6 sec safe distance. But if the product itself harm in long-term usage, wind shield replacement is a big cumbersome process.

suryaputhra
Yes you are right. Optimum Opti-Glass Pro do say so and looks promising but its not openly available in India. Only their car detailing shop has it but I don't know if they sell the product. It is called opticoat located in Mumbai and Bangalore.

However, it is a expensive product and requires perfection in application so its better to get it done from them.

Same goes for ProKlear NGS which needs clean surface before application. That is why they provide you Pre-cleaner which is a cerium oxide for polishing the glass. If the rain repellent doesn't bond properly then durability is reduced.

Rain-x can be applied on clean glass but still its better to polish the glass for better bonding.

I have Carpro Ceriglass which takes away any surface contamination including glass treatments easily. Even the wiper swirls when used with polishing machine and their pad. [:)]

Hi friends what is your opinion on CarPro HydrO2, CARPRO HYDROFOAM wash and coat type sealants. Some techs say these can be applied over any LSP or previous sealants, coatings and even waxes. If so we can do our process like Glaze+Any sealent+CarPro HydrO2. Which gives us double protection. explained down.

1. Glaze to fill micro scratches and swirls+klasse sealant(you get strong Acrily coating protection)+CarPro HydrO2(Tough glass coating).

2. Glaze to fill micro scratches and swirls+Poorboys ex p sealant(you get amino functional resin protection)+CarPro HydrO2(Tough glass coating)

based on my study on Autogeekonline Auto Detailing Forum some techs using CarPro HydrO2 on any type of sealants. If so how is the above combinations, what are the advantages and disadvantages.

-suryaputhra

Hi friends, Optimum No Rinse, Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate are costlier than PROKLEAR RAW Xtreme Waterless Car Wash Concentrate. Any quality or chemistry difference in between these products. Suggestions from your experience required.

-suryaputhra

Thread Starter #99

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Suryaputhra

I have used both. A must have in your daily spray bottle (5 to 10ml/ litre of water) to clean day today dirt on the body, alloy spokes as well.

There are two different versions in both – Regular and the other is with extra wax.

REGULAR: Optimum NO RINSE WASH & SHINE = PROKLEAR RAW
EXTRA WAX : Optimum NO RINSE WASH & WAX = PROKLEAR RAW EXTREME ( & ALSO PROKLEAR WAW Wash And Wax Shampoo with Carnauba Wax )

I find PROKLEAR RAW EXTREME is VFM, equally good. Only think I dislike their bottle and label. Unfortunately it is of cheap plastic and a bad cluttered fonts designed label. You can notice the cap which is broken.

Don’t use it for heavy dust accumulated car surface, you should use regular wash shampoo. Avoid on glass surface. Especially with extra wax type , follow the time limit to clean by MF cloth otherwise wax will appear as extra coat, of course can be removed by extra spray and cleaning.

onr_1100.jpg

car wash.jpg

car shampoo.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks doctor, I am collecting all the products which I can able to collect for my car it is high time my car needs detailing. My personal mechanic is out of station so we have not put our hands on the car detailing. How do you wash your engine and engine bay any inputs from you, Which one of these below mentioned products you will suggest.

PROKLEAR RAW EXTREME VS PROKLEAR RAW EXTREME CX, advantages over the other and which one is your favourite. Because PROKLEAR RAW EXTREME CX have seen in your armory.

-suryaputhra

Last edited:
PROKLEAR RAW EXTREME VS PROKLEAR RAW EXTREME CX, advantages over the other and which one is your favourite. Because both products have seen in your armory.

-suryaputhra
AFAIK, Proklear RAW Xtreme is discontinued and is replaced to Proklear RAW Xtreme CX for the same Price (Rs. 499/-)

Xtreme means it is good at cleaning tough stains and CX means it has Carnauba wax.

Proklear has another product for Rinseless wash which is called RAW. This one has mild cleaning abilities and has no wax. Costs Rs. 299/-

I use RAW when my vehicle is little dirty with no stains and RAW Xtreme when my vehicle is medium dirty with some stains (i.e bird drops, tree sap or oil marks). For heavy dirty surface, I use Proklear Wash & Wax Shampoo or Muc Off Car Shampoo.

btw; Proklear RAW also helps as a clay lube. [:)]

ps. Dr MUDHAN is right about bottle quality. Company did try to replace the cap design few times but still it breaks if over-tighten'ed. However, caps from water bottles or cool drink bottles can be used to replace.

Last edited:
@CRACING, thanks, but Proklear RAW Xtreme still showing on their website. my doubt is we are doing five level detailing with best possible products respected to each stage. so if we use every time Proklear RAW Xtreme cx there will be added Carnauba wax, is it good or bad for our earlier entire process. I mean adding one extra layer of Carnauba wax every time. Affecting the earlier finish and durability of the earlier work.

@CRACING, thanks, but Proklear RAW Xtreme still showing on their website. my doubt is we are doing five level detailing with best possible products respected to each stage. so if we use every time Proklear RAW Xtreme cx there will be added Carnauba wax, is it good or bad for our earlier entire process. I mean adding one extra layer of Carnauba wax every time. Affecting the earlier finish and durability of the earlier work.
Proklear seller will send CX even if you order Proklear RAW Xtreme. This is what I have learnt from his recent post.

If you need Proklear RAW Xtreme then you can send a message to him and ask if he has stock of it.

For stages cleaning, you can just use RAW. The surface would be clean enough so tough cleaning isn't really required.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #104

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Suryaputhra

Since my ALBUS is detailed, I use now PROKLEAR RAW EXTREME CX to maintain the gloss. Note what CRACING said, he is right -
For stages cleaning, you can just use RAW. The surface would be clean enough so tough cleaning isn't really required.

ENGINE DETAILING

You should know what you are doing.​

The engine compartment’s not designed for a lot of water – you could be getting water into areas where it shouldn’t be and it can cause corrosion, you could end up with a glistening engine that won’t start, or worse. Water could get into the alternator or the engine sensors, causing damage. It can also push dirt and muck onto belts – causing squeaks.

EXPERTS SAY “The first step in cleaning your engine is to remove the excess debris that gets trapped in your hood, grille and vent openings.
After warming the engine and protecting sensitive areas, you're ready to apply an engine degreaser. Although they are quick and easy, the use of harsh petroleum-based cleaners in the engine compartment may be dangerous. They quickly cut through grease and grime, but they also deteriorate your rubber and vinyl components.”

What I do periodically:

Carefully remove debris and dry leaves by fingers and small brush , use vacuum cleaner carefully if required and clean with MF cloth, one for first step and another for second and final. Wipe by dry moist cloth over plastics and rubber. If need be by Carpro-PERL.

My regular ASS takes care the complete process periodically. They apply a protective spray, after wash.

Just for illustration from Internet:

car detailing.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom