Exhaustive Guide: Car Detailing Basics

Thread Starter #76

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@Suryaputhra

There are two types.

One used periodically with lot of water.

Example: ABRO premium gold which I used earlier. Now I use Muc-Off - Ubershine Luxury Car Shampoo as I could not get SONAX - Gloss Shampoo Concentrate.
(Always buy less quantity first and try with your water quality and if happy go for bigger bottle.)

The other one can be used frequently
for quick cleaning without using much water but helps like a quick detailer and cleaning dirt and bird dropping, maintaining the gloss.

Example: ONR (Optimum No Rinse), which I purchased earlier from Bangalore (Eco Car Care Bangalore) and now I use PROKLEAR™ RAW (Xtreme) Rinseless / Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate, purchased from eBay (Proklear.)

READ MORE HERE:
LET US DISCUSS SOMETHING MORE ON CAR SHAMPOOS.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-guide-car-detailing-basics-2.html#post352334

Some use only sealant & some use only wax as LSP. But, I prefer to use sealant first and then a top up by a good wax for our Indian condition
Sir, I think if a pure wax is applied above sealant then there should no problem but a hard wax or a wax that has cleaning properties may strip off sealant and making it less durable. So one has to choice correct wax to use above sealant. eg. Collinite 845

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze + Poorboys EX-P Sealant (OR)
Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze + KLASSE Sealant Glaze
These combinations looks good. [thumbsup]

We cannot expect much from AIO products but they are just made to save time and money.

Previously I was wrong about KLASSE Sealant Glaze being a scratch filler alone. Actually it is only when combined with KLASSE AIO Polisher. :sorry:

Last edited:
@CRACING I could not able to understand your below dialogue

"Previously I was wrong about KLASSE Sealant Glaze being a scratch filler alone. Actually it is only when combined with KLASSE AIO Polisher. "

-suryaputhra

@CRACING I could not able to understand your below dialogue

"Previously I was wrong about KLASSE Sealant Glaze being a scratch filler alone. Actually it is only when combined with KLASSE AIO Polisher. "

-suryaputhra
I mean, KLASSE Sealant Glaze has no scratch filling abilities but if you first apply Klasse AIO and then KLASSE Sealant Glaze, you will see scratch marks and paint discolorations disappear.

Klasse All-In-One
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze has polishing abilities as well as light scratch filling.

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze

Thread Starter #80

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ CRACING

You are absolutely right about pure wax. Pure Carnauba wax is always better, if we get the original.

Collinite No. 845 – is being an Insulator Wax a good choice, but I would recommend letting the sealant layer cure for minimum 8 to 12 hours just to make sure that the 'stronger' solvents in Collinite don't effect it.

I prefer two applications of sealant , second one after 8 hours and the waxing top up after 12 hours of the second sealant coating.

Quote from Collinite site: FAQs » Collinite

4. Can Collinite Last Step Products (LSP’s) be used in conjunction with an alternative brand sealant?
Between producing, pouring and shipping, we’ve yet to conduct testing with all the sealants out there (too lengthy to list), so this practice cannot be formally recommended. However, sealant + Collinite LSP layering is a common method among Collinite aficionados….

AND​

You are right, now. It can also be applied without KLASSE AIO if the surface is new, of no oxidation and of need for filling.

20160213_144537.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #81

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Poorboy’s World Natty’s Paste Wax

natty paste wax.jpg

I use this, the white one and Suryaputhra can use the red one.
The directions for use indicates that it is Carnauba paste wax and recommend using Poorboy’s polish with carnauba (Like Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze ) or polish with sealant (Poorboys EX-P Sealant ) prior to use.

large-temp540bca7835a8b.jpg

@ Poorboy’s World Natty’s Paste Wax

natty paste.jpg

ANHC.jpg

Last edited:
All set, Two things I need your advice, a good dashboard polish with low in cleaning chemicals, high cleaning chemicals will dull the dashboard. Earlier I used polish with high cleaning agents my dashboard become dull and plastic peeled off. How often we need to polish dashboard. Suggest me leather seat cover polish with low cleaning agents and How often we need to polish leather seat covers.

Dear Doctor, you have taken excellent topic "car detailing" and it is most important too. Your posts and threads are helping to utmost level, the real reason is you have tremendous experience in that subject, once read your thread there is no need to refer some other info on this subject . Being a mechanical engineer I will maintain my cars mechanically sound. Even my old cars which are more than 15 years old perform like showroom ones. The only reason I need to change cars is because of advances in technology and comforts.

-suryaputhra

@Suryaputhra
For dashboard dressing I use CarPro PERL, it's very good, after applying dashboard feal more natural. Also it can be used on Plastic ( Internal, External ), Engine, Rubber ( Tire ) and Leather. Also you need to dilute it in various ratio for different surface.
I find it very VFM product because of multiple use and dilution ratio.

Thread Starter #84

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Suryaputhra

Try with CarPro PERL as suggested by j4jigar and you will never regret.

CARPRO PERL.jpg

CarPro PERL, PERL means - for Plastics, Engine, Rubber and Leather. Not for painted surfaces.

On interior black plastics it really makes them glow… just a deep black glow...not a shine that blind you and attract dust.

It works excellent on interior plastics & leather but little less duration on the exteriors like every other competitor’s product (plastics, tyres, grills, etc) especially if it comes in contact with water.

This product has an expiry date, so ensure with the seller before buying that you can have it for 1 to 2 years max and use as per manufacturers recommended dilution for various uses.

Application depends upon how you park your car, generally once in a month or two is OK. I do it once in three months after every service.

DON’T MISS TO READ HERE:
Review: CarPro PERL - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Buy the small bottle from
CarPro PERL | GreenZ India Plastic protection products – GreenZ Car Care

if you like it and then go for bigger bottle which will cost Rs.1000/- from

CAR PRO Perl 500ml NEW 2014 Version | eBay ( Don’t miss to apply discount coupon)
OR
from CarPro Perl 500ml - Detailed Clean India.

ANOTHER OPTION - CHEAP AND BEST FOR INTERIORS:

Amway.jpg

Last edited:
@Suryaputhra

For plastic and rubber protectant, I would suggest Proklear Tire Trim Dashboard Polish Protectant aka TTD. Costs Rs. 250 for 200ml and serves for a year or less if used on tires.

I find it really good and VFM. It is water based, UV resistant and doesn't make surface shiny. You can check my car interior snapshots (taken before and after applying TTD) attached in GH forum TTD thread here

Last edited:
MAKE ALLOYS ALWAYS ALRIGHT!

How do you feel when you look at a well-dressed man but with dirty shoes?

This want happens to some of us, we never take care of our car wheels as we take care to its body!

A simple and periodical care of those wheels make the car complete to reflect the right impression!

Step by Step procedures:

Daily / Weekly Maintenance:

If your wheels are otherwise good, not driven over muddy road, don’t forget to clean and dust out every day by a short microfiber brush, gently inside and outside the spokes, after gentle taps of the brush in between to remove the dust inside MF bristles.

After above procedure, once in three days or a week clean the wheel spokes by spraying (Avoid spraying into drums) ONR solutions like PROKLEAR™ RAW and wipe it by water absorbent MF cloth dedicated exclusively for wheel side works.

Special Maintenance:

Requires removal of wheels’ worst enemy Brake Dust and - cleaning, polishing of alloy wheels & tyre dressing periodically.

1. Rinse wheels to remove loose dirt and Brake dust. Use a Fire Hose Nozzle to deliver a strong stream of water, allow water to drop.
2. Spray a good all-purpose Wheel Cleaners meant for removing- Brake dust which is made of an adhesive and carbon fibers that come off the brake pad and tiny metal shavings from the rotor that are highly corrosive. Within a few minutes, the cleaning solution turns purple red that indicates that the brake dust, oily film, and dirt are being loosened. Don’t allow them to dry. Move the car little forward or backward to spray again to cover the drum area in full.
3. Use a soft bristled wheel brush to clean wheels without scratching, if need be.
4. Rinse the wheel and wheel well, including the lug nut holes and between the spokes.
5. Finish off your car washing and wiping.
6. Dry alloy wheels with a microfiber towel.
7. Dress alloy wheels - Waxing and polishing
We have different alloy finish types – Aluminum, Chrome, Painted or coated & anodized wheels. While some wheels need polish, others require wax. Aluminum , Chrome requires specific polish, painted or coated wheels requires wax and polishing is not necessary for anodized wheels as a thin coat of petroleum jelly would do.
8. Tire dressing – the finishing touch

OVER

What I do for my car 'ALBUS' ALLOYS!​

I keep Auto Finesse Iron Out, ONR/ PROKLEAR RAW SPRAY bottle, MF Brush and cloth.

After wiping and drying I clean the spokes with Amway Glaze, clean and remove it and then spray PROKLEAR™ RAW (Xtreme) Rinseless / Waterless Auto Wash Concentrate , allow it to dry & wipe it with to complete the process.

My preference is Formula 1 Black Gold Tire Shine for tyre dressing.

Honorable mention about best Wheel Cleaners - SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect, Wolfgang Tire & Wheel Cleaner, CarPro Iron-X, Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller & Auto Finesse Iron Out.

They , safely and effectively eliminates the most stubborn dirt such as brake dust, oil and rubber residue. Color-change foam lets you know it's working! Also acid-free, non-corrosive formula is safe on all types of painted, alloy, anodized, clear coated, chrome, aluminum and stainless steel wheels.

Note:

Removing the wheels and cleaning the inner sides and use a medium grade detailing clay bar to remove embedded brake dust from alloy wheels is also good practice if you have time, energy and patience. [lol]
Doctor sir, where did you get those alloy wheel decal stripes they are outstanding. Are they available for any car? I mean for dzire.

-suryaputhra

Last edited:
Hi I found something, Klasse sealant is acrylic type, below info says it will minor etch in to paint, so eventually it wears off and we reapply and it takes away some original paint after sometime may be original paint become dull. Some one shed light on this technical issue.
"
Re: Klasse sealant!! DAMN!
Seems like everything I read on this product makes me think its a woman. Doesn't seem like a product that would be very time/cost effective if doing this as a business but, for my own vehicle, seems like just the product I would love.

Acrylic (polymer) sealants
The molecular structure of all polymers are based on a chain of carbon atoms, chemically it is a molecule formed by the chemical union of five or more identical combining units called monomers. Polyacrylate - a group of polymers which could be referred to as plastics generally, they are noted for their transparency. Some acrylate monomers (the components of the polymers) used to form acrylate polymers may be acrylic acid, butyl acrylate, 2-ethylhexyl acrylate or methyl acrylate. With polyethylene-acrylics, there is no reaction and it is more like a lacquer that dries.

These products contain polyethylene-acrylic acid that causes minor etching of the paint, which enables a modified ‘molecular’ bonding with the paint surface, which in turn results in durability like most polyethylene based products. Zaino and Dura Gloss are two examples of acrylic polymers, which produce a ‘clear bright shine’. Klasse or Werkstatt (acrylic polymers) tend to produce a ‘liquid glow’. The acrylic paint solvent carrier system allows the dense molecule to spread and cross-link forming a hard protective surface.
"

here is the source link

Klasse sealant!! - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

-suryaputhra

Thread Starter #89

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@Suryaputhra

This is carbon fibre look good quality vinyl decal sticker. Actually I purchased from ebay.com two years before. It’s OK for a car like mine sparingly used and extra care is taken during every regular service. I will not recommend for every one as it won’t be long lasting, you may have to revert to original after some time.
15 16 Inches Carbon Fiber Wing Wheels Mask Decal Sticker Trim For Honda City-in Stickers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

15-16-Inches-Carbon-Fiber-Wing-font-b-Wheels-b-font-Mask-font-b-Decal-b.jpg

super-cool-font-b-car-b-font-styling-font-b-car-b-font-DIY-font-b.jpg

Regarding your observation over “products contain polyethylene-acrylic acid that causes minor etching of the paint”, every one product has its own plus and minus. We have to ensure the benefits far outweigh the negatives.

Honestly, I did not find anything like that and the curing time depends upon the atmospheric temperature whether it is a temperate or tropical zone and the season - winter or summer.

I just want you to recall the following quotes in the first page of this thread.

Most expensive products in the world won't get the job done on their own. It requires some extra human efforts. It is not the cost or quality of the material makes our cars to glaze. It is the process that makes the shine extraordinary.
The reviews here reflects our personal experience and suggestions .You can learn from others' experiences and shorten your own learning period somewhat, but each person is different & so as always, your own experience will be your best teacher. If you find something better, update us.

@Dr MUDHAN sir, excellent, well said, out of all Klasse sealant and poorboys ex p are good and safe. I will buy both and try.

-suryaputhra

Top Bottom