Exhaustive Guide: Car Detailing Basics

Hello @vicks619,

Congrats on purchasing a new car. [clap]

Car detailing subject is vast so I suggest you to read detailing guides, discussions, reviews as much as you can before proceeding. The products you have used seem unfamiliar to me and I'm afraid they might harm your new car finish so I suggest not to use them. You have to consider car care products that are not only effective but also safe.

Let me start with detailing:

First you'l have to thoroughly clean the car and prepare it for detailing. Wash the car with strong shampoo (i.e Armorall Heavy Duty Car Wash) using high dilution ratio then recommended. Don't use shampoos that contains wax or gloss enhancer when you are about to detail. If you don't have car washing mitt, check out Sobby Wash Mitt or Crab Mitt and you'll also need half a dozen microfiber cloths for prewipe, buffing, final wipe.

Once the car is clean from loose dirt, use soft clay (i.e Bilt Hamber Autoclay Soft) to remove above surface contamination, it might be optional for new cars but if you use it, the polishing works effectively and bonding of protection layer will be better. Use Proklear RAW as clay lube or water also works fine.

Once the paint surface is prepared, you have two options; One is easy, time saving but you may not get desirable finish or durability. Second option is difficult, time consuming, expensive but results will be better and durable. Choose wisely.

Option 1 - Get AIO product which contains cleaners, polishers and wax in one. i.e Meguiars White Wax, Poorboys Polish With Carnauba, Poorboys Polish with Sealant, Auto Finesse Tripple All in One, Menzerna Power Protect Ultra or etc.

Option 2 - You have to use separate products for polishing (i.e Meguiars Ultimate Polish) and wax (Meguiars Yellow Wax, Meguiars NXT 2.0, Poorboys Natty’s Paste Wax, Collinite 845 or etc). Glaze is a optional product but it doesn't help much or make difference to new paint. Some experts say glaze hinders bounding of wax to paint.

Apply the products using microfiber or foam pads, i.e Meguiars Foam Applicator Pad or Mothers Microfiber Applicator Pad.

For extra protection, you can apply spray wax over existing wax. i.e Optimum Car Wax, Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer, Proklear SX, Formula 1 Premium Fast Spray Wax.

This ends the car body detailing work. Thereafter you have to take care of finish and protection layer. Regularly use wash and wax products (i.e Proklear WAW, Proklear RAW CX, Proklear SFC) and spray wax once in 2-3 weeks, to will boost existing wax layer. Don't use low quality or worn mitt/washing cloth, contaminated water, high pressure washer, strong shampoo, rough cleaning techniques and etc, as it would strip the protection layer. Jopasu duster or any dry dusting is not advisable.

After 2 months, you'll have to reapply the standalone wax. To do so, wash the car throughly with strong shampoo and apply whatever wax you have with applicator pad. Use polish and claybar once or twice a year only.

For interior detailing, clean the surface using good cleaners (i.e WaveX PLVR) or APC and apply waterbased protectants (i.e Meguiars Natural Shine, Chemical Guys Natural Shine Dressing, Chemical Guys V.R.P, Proklear TTD and etc).

For tyre detailing, clean them with good shampoo or tyre cleaners but I don't recommend using any protectants or dressers. Read here for more details. If you still want to, then use above said waterbased products only.

Hope I have fulfilled your queries. If you have any doubt, feel free to ask me. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards
Thanks for the detailed reply. I have gone through all 20 pages before posting my queries and that's is why able to get some names of product in the steps :)

The product which i have, I am able to find review here itself in the forum.
Please have alook at the same as well
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...omagic-car-care-honest-review-pics-proof.html

1) I have ordered this today: SOBBY Microfiber Cleaning Cloths 3 in 1 Combo for Car Care (1 Pc of 40 cm x 40 cm microfiber cloth 340 gsm , 1 Pc of Fluffy Microfibre Cloth for Detailing, 1 Pc Big size Microfiber Glove - Assorted Colors): Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike
Please let me know the best use of 2 microfibre cloth in this kit. I am planning to use my existing nulon mitt to clean tyre and new sobby for the body

I also have this one with me out of which i have used only big blue drying cloth , the detailing cloth with net and yellow cloth is till unused. I don't know how to use detailing cloth with net though [cry]
Microfiber Cleansing Cloths GY-CA118: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike
2) are you referring to this for shampoo Armor All 26001EN Heavy Duty Wash (1000 ml): Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike
the reviews are not too great
Can i use some other shampoo as well like this 3M IA260100432 Auto Specialty Shampoo (250 ml): Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike or any better or this Wavex Wonder Wash 500Ml: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike. What i have understood from your post is this shampoo is only reuired before detailing. For normal wash you have recommended proklear WAW.
3) Is it necessary to clay at this stage as its only 15 days old from factory and i must have got it within 3-4 days of manufacturing . If yes how is dc basic as compared to bilt hamber https://www.detailedclean.in/detailing-clay/dc-basics-white-clay-bar-fine-medium-346
4) Is polish necessary or i can go straight away to waxing. As per the information i gathered in this thread polishing is required to hide imperfections or small scratched/swirls
5) What about sealant like https://www.detailedclean.in/sealants/poorboys-ex-p-sealant-16oz-48. Is it required before waxing for double protection.
6) which is the cheap & best wax available as per your experience. If coliinite 845 is incomparable and far ahead in durability than any other, should I go and only buy coliinite 845 or there is any other which can get the same job done in less money
7)Which applicator pad is good as per experience foam or microfibre. Can't i use the microfiber cloth itself folded like a pad and use?
8)do i have to wash regularly with wash and wax shampoo or i can do with proklear CX for months that is spray and wipe
9) what is wavex PLVR or APC. Can i use proklear for this Proklear All Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser Concentrate: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike
10) of all Water based interior protectants you have mentioned, proklear is the cheapest. Does the others have any advantage over proklear
11) can i use same shampoo while washing and wash tyre or is there any specialized one for it
12) any recommendation for proklear ngs. what to use in windsheid tank?
13) Also, will it be better to create a foam dispenser out of pressure sprayer as per your instructions in the post above for foam wash, is it any good than normal mitt wash. if yes, what pressure sprayer bottle i can buy
Please forgive my always curious and asking question image.
Thanks once again for taking out time to guide me in detail

Last edited:
@vicks619, as CRACING said the products you are selected will definitely harm your new car that's what my opinion. Read this 20 page thread I believe this the best thread on car detailing all time.

-suryaputhra
Thanks suryaputhra for your reply, as far as i know nulon is not a new name in automobiles and there is one review of this specific care kit ahere in TAI itself
Engine Oil in India - Automobile Accessories, Engine Oil Price, Auto Lubricants From Nulon India Ltd

The link for review
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...omagic-car-care-honest-review-pics-proof.html

I have gone through the thread in detail and saw detailing pics of your swift dzire. they look amazing [:)]

Thanks suryaputhra for your reply, as far as i know nulon is not a new name in automobiles and there is one review of this specific care kit ahere in TAI itself
Engine Oil in India - Automobile Accessories, Engine Oil Price, Auto Lubricants From Nulon India Ltd

The link for review

I have gone through the thread in detail and saw detailing pics of your swift dzire. they look amazing [:)]
Select softest possible and with less chemicals for your new car that's what my intention. I have done three months research, gone up to chemical reactions and bonding finally selected soft detailing products.

Last edited:
Select softest possible and with less chemicals for your new car that's what my intention. I have done three months research, gone up to chemical reactions and bonding finally selected soft detailing products.
Thanks for the reply, can you please be kind enough to explain your steps and best product for that step as per your experience if it is not of much trouble to you

Thanks in advance

K2 Car Care products - Purchase Review​

Hello,

I have been looking for products from K2 brand since long and finally bought some products now. K2 is a Poland company and they make plenty of car care and oil products. This brand is well known in EU and Russia. However, here only car detailing products are available now and I got K2 Ultra Wax made of Carnauba and synthetic polymers, Fox Anti-fog spray and Vizio Plus Invisible Wiper Blade aka Anti-rain from Paytm. Today I have received the products and all look premium and promising.

K2 Ultra Wax - This paste wax isn't too hard nor liquidy, so it should be easier to apply. Product is said to last longer but I don't expect more then a month. MRP is Rs. 590 and its listed in Paytm for Rs. 546. I got it for Rs. 464 with 15% cashback.

K2 Vizio Plus - I have been using Rain-X Original and its about to finish. The same isn't available in online stores now so I had to buy alternative. Lets see how it works. MRP is Rs. 395 and its listed in Paytm for Rs. 365. I got it for Rs. 310 with 15% cashback.

K2 Fox - Also bought this as a alternative to Proklear Anti-fog. Cost is same as Vizio Plus.

I will soon try to compare these with my existing products and post results here.

K2 Ultra Wax vs Megs M26, Megs Black Wax, Mother's Syn Wax, Auto Finesse Tripple AIO
K2 Fox vs Proklear Anti-fog
K2 Vizio Plus vs Rain-X Original

There are many more products from K2 available in Paytm (Link) and the same seller has Menzerna, Armor All & etc products too. Note: I thought to buy K2 bold which is tyre shiner and protectant but it contains silicone polymers so left it. Correctly I'm using Proklear TTD which is a water based protectant.

Product Snapshots:

Thanks...
Best Regards
Any update on this, waiting for your reviews on this as well

Credits: I was able to get this far in my first detailing step only because of TAIger CRACING who patiently answered all my dumb questions over PM and email. A thousand thanks to you, my detailing Guru. Needless to say, Dr Mudhan is a gem in this area and I have already gone through this whole thread, twice.

Products Used:
Being a newbie to detailing, I had lot of discussions back and forth with CRACING, from deciding what steps to follow and skip, what products to use and how to use them. I was initially planning to just wax my car without any other preparations, just to see if waxing is my thing. I learned from him that wax without polish will not be effective on my 1 year old car which was never detailed before. So I went ahead and purchased the below products which costed around Rs 2000 from Paytm (Links are only provided for product info):
- Shampoo: Armor All Heavy Duty Shampoo
- Polish: Meguiar's Ultimate Polish
- Wax: Meguiar's #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax
- Polish/Wax Applicator Pads: Meguiar's Foam Pads
- Microfiber Towels (Polish): Sobby MF Towels 380 GSM
- Mircofiber Towels (Wax): Sobby MF Towels 440 GSM

Process:
Wash: Used product in full strength dilution of 6 ​full ​caps in about half bucket water. It cleaned ​stubborn dirt ​much better than my regular shampoo (Armor All Ultrashine). ​Also noticed more water ​left behind on the body unlike ultrashine which ​has some water beading​ due to wax presence​. I used 2 MF towels (my old car wash towels) to wipe down all of the water.
Polish: I remembered to prime the applicator pads before application. Squeezed a little polish on to the pad and then applied to a small 2x2 ft panel in circular motion, overlapping a couple of times with mild pressure. Once applied to a panel, I removed the it using Sobby 380 GSM towel before moving on to next panel. The wipe off was not as easy as I thought and it felt little sticky and it left some oily/hazy look on the panel. It was not very bad so I moved on to the next panel but reduced the amount of polish on the pad. After application/wiping of individual panels, I buffed off the whole car with a new MF towel, after which all the haziness went away and looked neat.
Wax: This was the most enjoyable piece of my detailing experience. Application of wax was butter smooth and so was buffing, using the thicker ​440 GSM towel​​. I followed the same 2x2 ft panel by panel application but delayed the buffing so that wax gets to haze. With a finger swipe test, I figured out panel #1 was ready to buff off after I applied wax to panel #3. Sometimes I delayed buffing ​due to bigger panels but even then it was easier to buff off. ​Compared to polish, I used much less of the product during waxing.​​ After ​finishing the whole car, I did a final buff with the same towel (it still felt like unused) and completed the ceremony.

Observations:​
- Visually the shine levels were same as what I used to get with Armor All UltraShine but physically it felt a lot different. Body panels feel very very slippery and soft to the touch and they easily reveal the wax treatment they enjoyed. Dust and dirt goes away very easily (one jealous bird pooped right after I finished waxing).
- My hands felt little dry and sticky (no pain though) during and polishing. I will have to buy a pair of gloves for the next time.
- Smell of wax is very nice which increased my interest levels.
- Roof panel was not so easy to reach. A small step stool will be needed next time.
- Left over water droplets from ORVMs and under doors. Used MF to remove them as they appeared.

Attaching some pictures and a quick walkaround video. Looking forward to valuable feedbacks from all the guru's here [:)].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_yRZcyb8Rs&feature=youtu.be
Hi prabhagar, your car looks nice and shiny, Can you please let me know the armor all heavy duty shampoo you bought from paytm, is it orange or green bottle. what is the price you bought it for?

@vicks619

Sirji, you have hit a bomb of queries on me. [lol]

Anyway, I will answer as best as I can or as per my experience and knowledge. No need to hurry, just go easy on it.

1. Ok thats good. 340 gsm can be used to buff after applying polish, wax, sealant. 440 gsm can be used for final buff. You'll need 2+ mf cloth for buffing polish, 2+ for buffing wax or sealant, 1 for prewipe and 1 for final buff.

I think GY detailing cloth is used to buff after applying detailing products.

2. Only one guy has given negative feedback for armorall heavy duty shampoo and may be he is expecting shine after washing. Infact there aren't any other strong shampoo to suggest you. Most are wash and wax products. There is Chemical Guys Citrus Wash available in Autofresh for 920 but it is expensive without offer. Sonax Concentrate Gloss Shampoo is there but it is mild.

If you wish, you can use any shampoos (Not with wax) but make it stronger when detailing.

3. Shampoo alone doesn't remove wax or above surface contamination so clay is required. I haven't used DC basic clay but one of our member has reviewed it and found to be good. You can choose either of them. Bilt Hamber Autoclay Soft is mild and safe for new or well maintained paint surface.

Using clay is recommended for full detailing, even if its a new car but you can do plastic bag test and see if it is really required. Click here to read more.

Kindly note; be cation when using clay, it can cause swirls or marring if not used properly. Use lot of lubrication and keep the clay flipping as it gets dirty. If you drop it, don't use it again.

4. Trust me, polish will never remove noticeable swirls,scratches by hand. If it does then its not a polish. There are other products like scratch remover, compound for that propose. Polish is very mild and helps to clean (Not to fill) and brighten the paint. After claying, its highly recommended to use polish to remove marring incase its caused by clay.

5. You can use sealant or wax or both (sealant and then wax), Its your choice. But make sure you don't remove previous layer as you apply new layer. If you like to apply sealant, then skip polish, use Menzerna ppu and top it with any of best wax. I did this to my car recently.

6. I haven't tried c845 but durability depends upon preparation, application and maintenance. You can go for it if you wish to. I have used Megs M26 which is easy to apply, buff and gives nice sleek finish. Durability will be upto 2 months with the help of booster wax. As of K2 ultra wax, at first it felt good but later I didn't liked the application and performance.

7. I like to use MF pad for polishing as it doesn't soak polishing oils like foam pad. For wax, both work well. However, its a personal choose.

You can use mf cloth but it will be difficult IMO.

8. Wax contained in wash and wax product is just to give wax like finish after washing and it goes away on next wash or rain. Spray wax stays for 2-3 weeks or several car washes.

9. WaveX PLVR, short for Plastic, leather, vinyl and rubber. Its prediluted solution to clean light to medium dirt and stains. APC short for all purpose cleaner is highly concentrated solution which you'll have to diluted it as required.

10. I use Proklear TTD for exterior because its more durable with car wash and Megs Natural Shine for interior because it dries quickly, non sticky and gives natural shine that doesn't cause reflection on windshield.

11. Yes, you can use shampoo to clean wheels. Incase it doesn't work well, you have make it stronger or use wheel cleaning products.

12. Proklear NGS is a Anti-Glare and Anti-Rain treatment. I have used it once and it was good. Later I did windshield polishing which removed the coating and since then I use Rain-X Anti-rain and K2 Vizio.

For windshield washer fluid, you use can use Proklear WWC. It cleans well, lubricates the blades and works out pretty cheap.

13. Lets postpone this subject for now. [;)]

Hi prabhagar, your car looks nice and shiny, Can you please let me know the armor all heavy duty shampoo you bought from paytm, is it orange or green bottle. what is the price you bought it for?
Thank you vicks619. Mine is orange with a 'Made in UK' print on it and I believe green is 'Made in USA'. I am a long term (5+ years) user of Armor All Ultrashine shampoo and I found the heavy duty much better in cleaning dirt from the paintwork. I used a strong dilution of 6 caps of liquid in about half bucket water. For regular use without stripping wax, we can use 3 caps of liquid. I bought it from Paytm for Rs 550 becasue they had (still have) 15% cashback which brings the effective price down to ~470.
As with claying your new car, you could try out the swipe test after a car wash and decide based on the results.
Free advice: Please also use the 'multi quote' feature to reply several posts if you are not aware of it already. [:)]

Last edited:
@vicks619

Sirji, you have hit a bomb of queries on me.

Anyway, I will answer as best as I can or as per my experience and knowledge. No need to hurry, just go easy on it.

1. Ok thats good. 340 gsm can be used to buff after applying polish, wax, sealant. 440 gsm can be used for final buff. You'll need 2+ mf cloth for buffing polish, 2+ for buffing wax or sealant, 1 for prewipe and 1 for final buff.

I think GY detailing cloth is used to buff after applying detailing products.

2. Only one guy has given negative feedback for armorall heavy duty shampoo and may be he is expecting shine after washing. Infact there aren't any other strong shampoo to suggest you. Most are wash and wax products. There is Chemical Guys Citrus Wash available in Autofresh for 920 but it is expensive without offer. Sonax Concentrate Gloss Shampoo is there but it is mild.

If you wish, you can use any shampoos (Not with wax) but make it stronger when detailing.

3. Shampoo alone doesn't remove wax or above surface contamination so clay is required. I haven't used DC basic clay but one of our member has reviewed it and found to be good. You can choose either of them. Bilt Hamber Autoclay Soft is mild and safe for new or well maintained paint surface.

Using clay is recommended for full detailing, even if its a new car but you can do plastic bag test and see if it is really required. Click here to read more.

Kindly note; be cation when using clay, it can cause swirls or marring if not used properly. Use lot of lubrication and keep the clay flipping as it gets dirty. If you drop it, don't use it again.

4. Trust me, polish will never remove noticeable swirls,scratches by hand. If it does then its not a polish. There are other products like scratch remover, compound for that propose. Polish is very mild and helps to clean (Not to fill) and brighten the paint. After claying, its highly recommended to use polish to remove marring incase its caused by clay.

5. You can use sealant or wax or both (sealant and then wax), Its your choice. But make sure you don't remove previous layer as you apply new layer. If you like to apply sealant, then skip polish, use Menzerna ppu and top it with any of best wax. I did this to my car recently.

6. I haven't tried c845 but durability depends upon preparation, application and maintenance. You can go for it if you wish to. I have used Megs M26 which is easy to apply, buff and gives nice sleek finish. Durability will be upto 2 months with the help of booster wax. As of K2 ultra wax, at first it felt good but later I didn't liked the application and performance.

7. I like to use MF pad for polishing as it doesn't soak polishing oils like foam pad. For wax, both work well. However, its a personal choose.

You can use mf cloth but it will be difficult IMO.

8. Wax contained in wash and wax product is just to give wax like finish after washing and it goes away on next wash or rain. Spray wax stays for 2-3 weeks or several car washes.

9. WaveX PLVR, short for Plastic, leather, vinyl and rubber. Its prediluted solution to clean light to medium dirt and stains. APC short for all purpose cleaner is highly concentrated solution which you'll have to diluted it as required.

10. I use Proklear TTD for exterior because its more durable with car wash and Megs Natural Shine for interior because it dries quickly, non sticky and gives natural shine that doesn't cause reflection on windshield.

11. Yes, you can use shampoo to clean wheels. Incase it doesn't work well, you have make it stronger or use wheel cleaning products.

12. Proklear NGS is a Anti-Glare and Anti-Rain treatment. I have used it once and it was good. Later I did windshield polishing which removed the coating and since then I use Rain-X Anti-rain and K2 Vizio.

For windshield washer fluid, you use can use Proklear WWC. It cleans well, lubricates the blades and works out pretty cheap.

13. Lets postpone this subject for now. [;)]
Thanks @CRACING for the reply. you are truly gem of a person,Some clarifications regarding the points you mentioned:
point 1: what is prewipe? is it drying the car before polish
point 2: ordering armorall from paytm
point 3: I read that article before asking and it talk about car standing for months in stockyard and travel by rails which is not the case with me. The problem with plastic bag test is i can do it only after washing with armorall shampoo and if I find it needs claying, then I have to wait for the clay to arrive which will be more dangerous to car as it will not have any protection. can I do the plastic bag test right now as well after after washing with a normal wash and wax or wiping the car with a wet mf cloth of any dirt?
point 4: Ordered meguair polish as recommended by you from amazon. if any one wants to buy it, buy it today in deal of the day at amazon.
point 5: Now i am more confused [frustration] regarding use of sealant and wax
point 6: I read that collinite 845 is a hybrid wax. I think work both as sealant and wax All about Car Waxes & Sealants - Team-BHP
Where can i get M26, in amazon it is not prime, so i have doubt on authenticity. is yellow wax safe for silver color?
point 7:point noted
point 8:when i said proclear cx, i meant the RAW cx with carnauba and not topup wax spray. do i need both proklear WAW and RAW CX. what is the use of Normal RAW in that case.
point 9: I read in one reviews that wavexPLVr contans ammonia. Is it safe.? Proklear mentions:PROKLEAR TTD is dual acting cleaning and polishing. Isn't TTD sufficient for cleaning and protecting?
point 10: Can I clean interior with TTD and dress with megs natural shine or a dedicated cleaner is required?
point 11:which wheel cleaning product do you recommend?
point 12: Is rainx or NGS recommnended. What is the durability of rainx as compared to NGS. How soon rainx has to be repeated cost vs effectiveness analysis. Can i do without it?

I found a negative review about proklear WWC on amazon:
Amazon.in:Customer Reviews: Proklear WWC Windshield Wash Additive Concentrate 250ml
check the 2nd one. is it possible?
also there is wiper squeaking for some of the users
Best Windshield Washer Fluid? - Page 8 - Team-BHP

Thanks in advance for the answers as i am certain i will get them [embarass]

Thank you vicks619. Mine is orange with a 'Made in UK' print on it and I believe green is 'Made in USA'. I am a long term (5+ years) user of Armor All Ultrashine shampoo and I found the heavy duty much better in cleaning dirt from the paintwork. I used a strong dilution of 6 caps of liquid in about half bucket water. For regular use without stripping wax, we can use 3 caps of liquid. I bought it from Paytm for Rs 550 becasue they had (still have) 15% cashback which brings the effective price down to ~470.
As with claying your new car, you could try out the swipe test after a car wash and decide based on the results.
Free advice: Please also use the 'multi quote' feature to reply several posts if you are not aware of it already.
Thanks for the free advice :). will order the armor all from paytm I have query regarding this plastic bag test which i have posted in point no 3.

Last edited:
Got the sobby mitt and MF clothes. the mitt is little different from what CRACING posted from back. the back is different. i believe they have changed the design orqality of the back to some shiny cloth.also last image is comparison between sobby and my old nulon. What do you guys recommend, should i wash all these before using, if yes will rin bar be good or have to use ezee/genteel

Attachments

Last edited:
1. Prewipe means wiping the car panel before applying product (Each time) because we don't have closed and/or dust free environment for car detailing. Dust particles keep falling on paint surface and you don't want to rub those with pad.

3. Ok then skip the clay for next 6-8 months. That time you can clay and re-polish. In my experience, plastic bag doesn't help much to decide whether clay is required and we cannot swipe plastic all over the paint to check defects. Clay comes under ecosystem of full detailing (Clay+Polish+Protect) and with it, we can expect or assume better results.

5. Wax is inexpensive, gives rich finish but may or may not be easy to apply. There are three major types in waxes. Pure carnauba, carnauba + synthetic mix and pure synthetic wax. Durability from least to most (Max 2 months in our environment).

Sealants have chemical-based ingredients rather than more natural ingredients of wax. They are easy to apply and last longer. However, they doesn't tend to offer the same depth of shine as wax. Hence most people top it with carnauba wax.

6. Collinite has not disclosed contents in 845. They say its pure wax but we call it sealant or hybrid since its more durable. Some people top it on sealant and some people put wax on it. It goes well with either or standalone. If you use it, make sure to apply very thin layer or you'll face trouble removing residue.

Imported car detailing products have got expensive these days and some good ones are out of stock. I got M26 for 600 last year and now its 900+. Most of reputed sellers don't have stock of it. May be GST impact?

If you like paste wax then checkout Meguiar's NXT Gen Tech Wax 2.0, Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus, Poorboys Natty’s Paste Wax, FinishKare Hi Temp Paste Wax
All these product costs near to c845 but some people like to apply wax frequently (Like me) rather then staying with single and durable product.

8. Proklear RAW CX is a rinseless wash with wax product and I use it often. It save time, water and energy.

Normal RAW doesn't contain wax and it useful for cleaning before applying spray wax or as a clay lube or to test existing wax layer. Also it is cheaper then RAW CX.

When detailing, you cannot use rinseless product as it doesn't have tough cleaning power and may leave dirt here and there.

9. One user says it but no official info. I didn't notice any issues with it and I don't let it dry on surface. After using the product, clean the surface with water and wipe with MF cloth. You can also checkout alternative product if any. i.e Sonax Interior Car Cleaner from CarPowerGrid.com

I don't advice using protectants as cleaner. The results will be contaminated.

10. No, use any one after cleaning the surface. Try Proklear TTD, if you don't like the results switch to other products. These are water based products so can be cleaned/removed easily.

11. There are many wheel cleaners Sonax, Armor All, Formula 1, WaveX but I use CG citrus. It works out cheaper and effective by using APC product (Like Proklear APC) then specific cleaning products.

12. Rainx is easy to apply and very little product is required (~5ml for all the glasses) but not durable, good for one session. NSG is a professional glass treatment which includes two steps (Polishing and Coating) and it has to be done correctly. Its like comparing wax vs nano coating.

No idea about why that user faced such issue or it sounds fishy to me. Why would cleaning liquid cause deep scars? Proklear is a trusted brand (Checkout gear heads forum) and they will not use anything that are harmful. Most of their products are tested multiple times with the help of GH forum members before launching.

Got the sobby mitt and MF clothes. the mitt is little different from what CRACING posted from back. the back is different. i believe they have changed the design orqality of the back to some shiny cloth.also last image is comparison between sobby and my old nulon. What do you guys recommend, should i wash all these before using, if yes will rin bar be good or have to use ezee/genteel
Hmm, this is what happens when a company gets popular. Same happened with Jopasu dusters. Yellow mf cloth isn't looking thick as expected.

Yes, its better to wash them before using to get rid of dust, chemicals & etc. Use car shampoo or mild liquid detergent. Rin is harsh so not advisable.

Last edited:
Thanks @CRACING. Based on your recommendation I have following products in list. Let me know if i have missed on anything or something is redundant.
1) sobby pack of mitt, mf cloths(ordered and received. though quality is questionable, orange and blue cloth are of same size and not much difference in thickness, I wonder are they 340 and 440 gsm respectively. Have to order more as per your recommended count, I have 4. still need 2-3. what other brand you recommend)
2) Armor all Heavy duty wash (ordered)
3) Meguiars ultimate polish (ordered)
4) collinite 845 or meg yellow wax based on availability(nxt 2.0 looks costly at 1320 for 311ml, same with gold class. How is finishkare, have you used it, description looks good for hot weather of delhi but again costly)
5) proklear WWC (ordered)
6) proklear RAW CX(can i apply spray wax after using this or RAW is required)
7) proklear WAW shampoo(is it required when i have armor all, i can use less armor all as described by prabhagar for normal wash, is that correct)
8) proklear TTD
9) proklear APC
10) proklear SX spray wax
11) megs natural shine protectant( later if required after using proklear TTD)
12) mother MF pads (if required otherwise use MF cloth to apply wax/polish)
13 Proklear RAW( is it required)
14) wavex plvr 1 lts(200ml is costly at 252 where as 1 ltr is 451, not amazon prime though :( )(sonax internal cleaner is rs 490 at car power grid, but its clearance sale. will be really old i guess, so is wheel cleaner at 490)

How is Wavex Alloy Wheel and Tyre Cleaner 1 Ltr: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike ,Any Idea?
How is Wavex All Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser Concentrate 1 Ltr: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike compared to Proklear All Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser Concentrate: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

@Prabhagar, can you let me know from where you bought yellow wax?

Last edited:
@Prabhagar, can you let me know from where you bought yellow wax?
From paytm but its out of stock now. I also marked it in Amazon earlier which is still available at a higher price.

14) wavex plvr 1 lts(200ml is costly at 252 where as 1 ltr is 451, not amazon prime though :( )(sonax internal cleaner is rs 490 at car power grid, but its clearance sale. will be really old i guess, so is wheel cleaner at 490)
Sonax interior cleaner costs only Rs 264 @ Amazon. I use it and have liked its mildness. Never had issues with color damage to plastics or fabrics.

1. Prewipe means wiping the car panel before applying product (Each time) because we don't have closed and/or dust free environment for car detailing. Dust particles keep falling on paint surface and you don't want to rub those with pad.
I totally forgot this during my detailing. Did a prewipe on the whole car rather than each panel. Probably the early morning hour with zero wind would have saved me.

Hmm, this is what happens when a company gets popular. Same happened with Jopasu dusters. Yellow mf cloth isn't looking thick as expected.
My yellow MF looks same as vicks619 but I can feel its thickness much more than Megs Supreme Shine towel (320GSM). Probably the picture makes it look thinner? Is there a way to test that?

From paytm but its out of stock now. I also marked it in Amazon earlier which is still available at a higher price.

Sonax interior cleaner costs only Rs 264 @ Amazon. I use it and have liked its mildness. Never had issues with color damage to plastics or fabrics.

I totally forgot this during my detailing. Did a prewipe on the whole car rather than each panel. Probably the early morning hour with zero wind would have saved me.

My yellow MF looks same as vicks619 but I can feel its thickness much more than Megs Supreme Shine towel (320GSM). Probably the picture makes it look thinner? Is there a way to test that?
Sonax on amazon cannot be delivered to my location. I don't know why the restriction. If you compare the bottle with car power grid. You will find it different. I don't know if it's same or different as the price difference is more than double.

Sonax on amazon cannot be delivered to my location. I don't know why the restriction. If you compare the bottle with car power grid. You will find it different. I don't know if it's same or different as the price difference is more than double.
They both are different - the one from carpowergrid is Sonax Xtreme which I have not used.

1. 440 GSM should be slightly heavy and thicker then 340 GSM. The former has noticeable fibers and the latter has short fibers. However, both cloths should have similar size fibers on the other side. That means only one side is most usable and the other is just for buffing residue.

Alternative to Sobby is SOFTSPUN, X-Static but I doubt they will be good. Quality has reduced lately and I think Sobby is following suit

4. Just like c845, FinishKare Hi-Temp Paste Wax also has outstanding reviews. I believe its par or better then c845 in terms of durability. It comes with small tin of 56.7 gm and as per description it will do thin coat for 3-4 times. Its more expensive if you compare by weight but small packing makes it easy to buy. Check out its review and youtube videos if you are interested.

6. You can use Armor all Heavy duty wash before applying spray wax but make sure not to strip original wax. No need to buy RAW additionally.

7. You can either choose Proklear RAW CX or Proklear WAW, depending upon water availability to you. Armor all Heavy duty wash won't give you just waxed look (incase original wax is degraded) and it shouldn't be used often. May be once a week or two.

10. I suggest not to use Proklear SX as LSP. I mean at the end of detailing. This product is more of a standalone wax and you can use it after 2-3 weeks. Incase you choose Optimum Car Wax or Sonex BSD then I'd say use it as LSP (Last Step Product).

13. Not really needed when you have shampoo and availability of water.

14. No need to buy Wavex PLVR or any specific cleaning product when you choose Proklear APC.

15. I have used WaveX alloy wheel cleaner and its a good product too but nothing special either. No idea about WaveX APC.

Looking at your car parking area, it seems calm and dustfree so you are fine. [:)]

Yeah, cannot assume by picture. Testing is complicated (Check here) but like you said, by look and feel itself we can differentiate them.

Sonax Car Interior Cleaner is listed for discounted price in Amazon India but the seller has pincode limitations or does not delivery. Strange.
The same product is available in car power grid (Authorized Sonax Seller) but for actual price.

Sonax Xtreme Interior Cleaner is available in car power grid for discounted price. This product has strong cleaning power that is required for neglected cars only. May be it can be diluted.

Top Bottom