Exclusive: Toyota Prius Hybrid Road Test Review

Nice review Aniz, & reports Vibhor.[thumbsup]
Wow a great car in technology.
For me too the car is pricey
The odo reading being displayed on windsheild is really superb.

@ RSM:Why do you feel it as a basic Bridgestone tyre?
You prefer Turanza for this ha?
What i feel is this car is not for racing, meant for fuel saving car.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #18
Thanks Akash, Mukesh & RSM.

+1 to Mukesh said.

Toyota has spent several efforts for making Prius fuel efficient. So please dont expect anything which pleases your senses.

350Z

Core Team
Thanks for the incredible response. Please make sure to watch the video which has been just added on the first page, Here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey excellent report and pictures Zinam and 350Z. The video is also good but Zinam next time any driving videos please?

I feel this is a great car and definitely the answer to the future. Are the headlamps projectors?

I liked the heads-up display and the overall design of the car.

And hey just a week ago you said that you have not viewed a single Prius till now![lol]
I see you have tested the Prius at Maduravoyal bye-pass , i pass by this route daily nowadays!

A very good review and its a great car. I guess its more likely to be the car of the future than pure E.Vs. The government should re-consider the import duty on the Prius and help Toyota to sell it at realistic prices. The price is too much and its going to keep possible buyers otherwise,away from getting one.

no words to say except awesome! kudos TAI team. [thumbsup] well also no complaint from this car except high price..till now i thought only Civic has coolest speedo but now i know another car too!

350Z

Core Team
Update! You thought that existing Prius was too pricey? No worries - Toyota is planning to launch an upgraded but costlier New Prius on upcoming Auto Expo 2012.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Update! You thought that existing Prius was too pricey? No worries - Toyota is planning to launch an upgraded but costlier New Prius on upcoming Auto Expo 2012.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Did i read costlier?[surprise] Looks like Toyota has gone nuts, are they selling the current model decently? How will the costlier version help?

I have see one in exibition, looks very cool, didnt got change to sit inside, btw great review, havent fount Prius review anywhere.

350Z

Core Team
Did i read costlier? Looks like Toyota has gone nuts, are they selling the current model decently? How will the costlier version help?
Presently Prius costs enough bucks to buy you a decent BMW. Ex. Showroom price of Z3 (Base) is Rs.27 Lakhs which costs approx. Rs.31 Lakhs On-Road. I cannot think of a reason why a person will buy this unless he has sufficient cash to get something this much exclusive and keeping a view of economical running in future. Until now, I have seen only one Prius and that too was on sale at Mahindra First Choice.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Toyota might consider to locally manufacture Prius in India by 2014. This should significantly bring down the pricing of this unique and eco-friendly car (Source: Motorbeam).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom