Exclusive: Renault Koleos Launch Coverage (Pg.3 Onwards!)

350Z

Core Team
It's my passion that allows me to capture so many pictures. Renault Koleos initial impressions coming up.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good pictures and coverage 350Z [cheers]

Car looks great and upmarket. It seems it is feature rich and should fancy many upper middle/business class buyers.

Awaiting your initial impression now!

350Z

Core Team
Renault Koleos India - Initial Impressions (You're reading them first in TAI):

• Renault has tagged the Koleos as “Power Meets the Pleasure”.

• Price tag is a straight shocker but certainly not in a positive way.

• Renault Koleos is yet another example of rather dull looking so-called modern design.

• Koleos resembles a lot to earlier generation Hyundai Tucson especially from side view.

• Koleos' Rear tail lamps appear much like the previous model of Audi A4 from a straight view.

• Exterior finishing and overall paint quality is fine. No use of excessive chromes here and there.

• Needless to say, the design of alloy wheels is absolutely superb and matches well on the car.

• This is a compact car like Yeti and good for city roam about. But, lacks the bold and aggressive stance of an SUV that typical buyers in this segment usually admire.

• Enormous boot has storage of 450 litres with split type tail gate.

• The split tail gate is convenient to load and unload the large baggage. It can hold the weight up to 200 Kilograms.

• Rear seats are 60:40 along with a quick access to boot through armrest area.

• Smart access card is a contemporary and useful feature. It allows the door to be locked / unlocked without need of inserting the key.

• Outside rear view mirrors are electrically adjustable and come equipped with auto-fold facility.

• Little A/C vents for rear are located on the inside of B-Pillar. Their direction is adjustable (upwards and downwards).

• Bose in-car entertainment system with eight speakers has an output of 300 watts and all I can say is that it’s an absolute blast to listen.

• The overall quality of materials used inside the car is top notch and offers a premium feel.

• You will find Bose badges all around the car. On side fenders, scuff plates and also inside the boot.

• The legroom on front and rear is limited. Either front or rear passenger will have to compromise for other.

• Premium interiors with combination of chocolate brown and beige colour are truly a delight.

• Both, driver and co-driver side have a vanity mirror on sun visors.

• Glove box is a bit deep with sufficient carrying capacity but long flap obstructs the passenger's knees.

• I touched the seat belts and found them to be velvet soft.

• There are no gadgets for the passengers on rear seat to play with but front seat can fold downwards flat to form a bed for rear occupants. They also offer a flip out tray with cup holders, just as we see on Mahindra Xylo.

• The windows get a manual sun blind which can save your face from direct sunlight during summers.

• Front door armrests are utilized in a practical way by offering small storage space beneath.

• Front door pockets are long which can comfortably hold a normal sized water bottle along with newspapers or magazines, while the ones at rear are small and have capacity to carry a single water bottle and something of a size of say, a digital camera.

• Front center armrest is small and placed a little behind. You can find Aux-in port and socket inside.

• Renault Koleos is ‘claimed’ to seat 5 people in comfort but I’m afraid that middle rear passenger will have tough time struggling for legroom due to front armrest that limits the legroom which is limited already.

• Instrument cluster is awesome when lit in the dark. Much like the Honda Accord. Rest of the lights on dashboard glow in red colour.

There are more points which I will keep including as I recall them, rest can be concluded only after a drive but all in all from the first look I believe that Koleos is a capable vehicle combined with luxury and features as of a premium sedan but there are some noticeable turn downs (the major one being price) because of which there is complete possibility that it may not be accepted as well as it should be in the market. But let’s wait and watch.

A comparison image of Hyundai Tucson and Renault Koleos. Of course, it does not looks ditto but some of the areas are similar.
renault koleos and tucson.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

Nice pics and coverage 350Z. I feel leg space for an SUV is less in second row.
It time Mitsubishi India has to think about Outlander-Diesel.

350Z

Core Team
Excellent coverage 350Z , the Interiors seem to be plush and rich , the equipment levels seem to be lavish , looks are also good enough and alloys are stunning!

Price seems to be disappointing , not that i would say its over-priced but there are many established players available for a much cheaper price tag.

Excellent coverage 350Z. I must say you have covered every detail of the car. Felt like i was viewing the car myself. IMO Renault must do some homework about the pricing of their cars.

Thread Starter #71

AMG

Suspended
Happened to see a koleos on the road.

Looks meek and docile.
Cute-ish and very un-SUV like.

350Z

Core Team
Renault Koleos is already infamous for the expensive price tag and now to make the situation worse, company has been forced to increase the price up to Rs.1 Lakh due to depreciating cost of INR vis-à-vis USD. Here is the official statement:
This has been necessitated by the increase in the cost of raw materials and fluctuations in the currency market. Until now we have been absorbing the increases , but we now have to reflect an element of these costs in our pricing. The flagship, Renault Koleos with it’s outstanding levels of refinement and luxury remains excellent value for money. It has been very well received in the Indian market has already established a strong position in the Premium SUV segment in India.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom