Exclusive: New BS-4 Maruti Suzuki Alto, Now with K-Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes even initial Zen models had it and here's pic of my 800 with stickers all around;

Drive Safe,
350Z
Looks like the whole tailgate is taken up with the stickers!!
I had once picked up a big fight with the Wet&Wild guys for putting on their sticker, and I made them take it off!! Looks like you had your visit to Fun&Food!!

Thread Starter #32

350Z

Core Team
Many other sources are now reporting the launch of Alto with K-Series, So what was this by Maruti Suzuki, Just a trailer?

Drive Safe,
350Z

in my point of view, i dont believe tha MSIL will launch another alto otherwise it makes no sense to launch BS 4 compliant alto and moreover what others are saying is only just websites, so there is no official confirmation.

The K-Series will mean a 1000 cc engine on the Alto, so we could be at a stage similar to the time of launch of the Alto, when the LX had a 800 cc engine, and the VX a 1.1 lit engine.
We can only wait and watch!!

Maruti to launch Alto with 1-ltr K series engine

maruti-suzuki-alto-2005.jpg

Country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India is planning to launch a new version of its small car Alto, the highest selling model in India, with a bigger engine.

According to industry sources, the company plans to launch the new Alto with a one-litre petrol engine from its latest generation of engine, the K -series.

When contacted, Maruti Suzuki India Chairman R C Bhargava said, "Alto needs a face-lift. It has been there for quite a while."

He, however, declined to comment when a refreshed Alto would be launched and what kind of engine would be fitted on the new version.

Last month, MSI had introduced BS IV compliant Alto on the existing 800cc F Series engine.

Sources said the company has decided to equip the Alto with a 1000 cc K series engine.

"With a bigger K-series engine, the new Alto will obviously be costlier than the existing Alto," a source said.

Source - Maruti to launch Alto with 1-ltr K series engine

Even i had spoken to the MSIL guy about this. He said theres no news about the engine upgrade but facelift is on cards though there has been no official statement for confirmation of the same.

Last edited:
Guys, don't take me wrong but I just do not understand Maruthi. They have multiple models in the exact same segment that they are not able to concentrate on any one of the model. Maruthi has always suffered in this context.

Looks like they have a mantra - :Make yourself your competitor so it becomes a win win situation" but I feel they have lost out because of this.

Once upon a time, they were having the lion share of the market but today they have lost out on it big time.

I don think it will happen anywhere in the near future. Just now they have launched the BS-IV model , so no major facelifts now likely!

And i agree with JammyD , but they have also lost out slightly because of good competition from others!

Thread Starter #41

350Z

Core Team
I don't understand when Maruti has already launched a BS-4 compliant version, Why would they spend another crores and plonk in a K-Series now, since the main purpose has been already done, so it seems to be pointless. However, That's a different matter if they want the all cars in their range to run on latest K-Series or improve the performance figures for Alto. Moreover, Bhargava has said that Alto needs "Facelift" and didn't revealed a word about new engine.

Guys, don't take me wrong but I just do not understand Maruthi. They have multiple models in the exact same segment that they are not able to concentrate on any one of the model. Maruthi has always suffered in this context.

Looks like they have a mantra - :Make yourself your competitor so it becomes a win win situation" but I feel they have lost out because of this.

Once upon a time, they were having the lion share of the market but today they have lost out on it big time.
Haha, Well said. But Maruti still has a major share in hatchback segment.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #42

350Z

Core Team
Once again the news about Maruti Alto with K-Series are floating around. This time it is said that Maruti Suzuki will launch this new Alto as soon as by next month.

Maruti Suzuki is ready to introduce its brand new upgraded model of Maruti Alto powered with the new K-series 1.0L petrol engine next month. The model currently powers A-Star, Zen Estilo and Wagon R models of Maruti Suzuki. It is capable of producing 66 bhp and 90Nm torque. The model is coming out to compete with Chevrolet Spark claiming to deliver a smoother driving experience with the new generation engine. The new engine is very responsive and is extremely smooth and is said to return about 20 kmpl. One of the striking pieces of information is that MSIL is not phasing out the 800cc model from the market. The new Maruti Alto model with K-series engine will be available as an option along with the 800cc model that delivers power of 46bhp. (Courtesy: Car trade India)

Drive Safe,
350Z

oh it is really coming!why dont they stop doing faclift and replace fully with new car like cervo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom