Exclusive Coverage: MRF International Challenge

Thread Starter #18
It will be good if we get it in the clean strech!

We will work it out some way tommorow

Thread Starter #20
I am just back from MRF International Challenge!!

Wait for adrenaline & heart throbbing action exclusively from " The Automotive India "

Till then [drive] safe.

350Z

Core Team
Glad to know that Zinam. Did cooldhaya accompanied you? I’ll waiting for a report and pictures.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #22
Yes Dhaya was with me.

This event is one of the best event happened in chennai!

Few teasers from my end...

Burnout!
Dirt Track_wm.JPG

Babes with Bikes
F3 Track_wm.JPG

F3 Car
F3_wm.JPG

Doubles on Track
Lift on Race Bike_wm.JPG

Guess what?
Pit Lane_wm.JPG

Lot of exclusive actions remaining. stay tuned.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
MRF International Challenge

It all started when I first saw the ad in news paper for MRF International Challenge. Because this event is happening almost after 11 odd years with great stage set by international racers, stunt man & lot of celebrities!

We planned for a mini TAI meet in this great event. Since most were busy only cooldhaya confirmed his presence. I was very busy till last week & was doubtful about my presence, but the adrenaline rush which is mixed with my blood doesn’t stop me from buying the tickets for the event. Called up Dhaya to book tickets for Feb 7th Since this is the special day out of three weekends. Dhaya called me with a surprise that he got the tickets. Was really happy counting the days for the event! Yes, sleepless nights started as this is my first race event Live on Track!!

Final day arrived; yes Feb 7th 2010 came so soon in my calendar. Woke up sharp by 6.15am, get charged up by 7.30 & gave a clean wash for my car, even my car is going to see the track for first time ? with heart beats getting faster cranked my car & revved hard to pick up Dhaya. We started from Anna Nagar & took the NH4, vroomed away in easy 40 mins to Sriperampadur [30kms from Chennai]. This the most happening place at least for today.

We reached the entrance at 8.45am, displayed our tickets & got the car pass & zipped off to park the car. Got the tickets allocated in Grand Stand A, the best place to watch all action. We were happy that we got the best place which can make exclusive pictures for you.

Neat strech of F3 Track

IMG_1531_wm_wm.JPG

Safety Car - Ford Fiesta

IMG_1535_wm_wm.JPG

Podium

IMG_1537_wm_wm.JPG

Pit Lane

IMG_1538_wm_wm.JPG

The Real Stunner on track!!

IMG_1539_wm_wm.JPG

Steward Car

IMG_1541_wm_wm.JPG

Tune in for more detailed updates.

Last edited:
We had lots of fun yesterday. It was really cool watching a live race action for first time.Here is my experience which i had yesterday!!

It all started when i saw the ad in newspaper first! Immediately i messaged Zinam and asked will he be attending it , he replied most probably yes and said will start this thread here in TAI soon!! We expected Surendar and Ilango also to join us but they said they will not be available due to certain constraints!!

One fine day Zinam again messaged me saying to book tickets for the event but unfortunately i had college from the other day till the day of the event and Zinam was also very busy in his work! I asked my friend to book two Rs.200 tickets. He went to MRF tyre drome here in Chennai the next day and booked two Rs.100 tickets as Rs.200 were sold out. This is where i came to know Chennai has lots of Petrol Heads like us and expected a huge crowd!! I was pretty much happy that we got the tickets and so was Zinam. But unlike Zinam as he mentioned i was not pretty thrilled about attending the event , something kept telling me that the event will be a mega flop!! My friends told me that its waste spending 100 bucks for this and even said that its better watching a movie for that money!! But i was proved wrong and so were they!!

Well then again the evening before the event Zinam calls me saying to check whether its just 100 bucks for a whole day or just for a single event! I took the tickets from the friend only after that and checked in it for any such news but found nothing! I informed Zinam of the same , he was glad to know it and said to me we are vrooming the next day morning at 7:30! At first i felt 7:30 was way too early as the first race was scheduled at only 10:00am and i also had a doubt whether they will start the race on time at 10:00am!! I said him it was too early but he said its okay lets go there early and wait no problem!! Well finally we agreed to start from here at 7:30am and decided to retire to bed!!

Will complete this soon!! BTW is it good , shall i continue??

Thread Starter #30
MRF International Challenge - 150CC

Thanks for revving hard here!

So we found the best place and got settled down by 9.00AM. The first surprise on track was dog running at 30+kmph. You can see that picture in my previous post. The whole crowd whistled like anything, must say overwhelming response.

Then came the safety car [Ford Fiesta] very fast in the neat stretch & braked very hard! Then suddenly he reversed the car with the max speed [35-45kmph], everyone was expecting some doughnuts! But a shocking experience for everyone. That guy rammed the car into the sides & broke the rear tail lamps & bumpers. Whole crowd started laughing after seeing the safety car in accident.

IMG_1542_wm_wm.JPG

Now the time was around 9.50am. Sirens started ringing off. Vrooming sound was heard all around the tracks. Yes, it was 150cc Bike Race. We were searching for the bikes. From the pit lanes raced hard to the track & took their position for the formation lap. Babes dressed in typical MRF dress hopped on the track to make the event hotter.

IMG_1550_wm_wm.JPG

IMG_1555_wm_wm.JPG

Time boards with 5mins, 3mins, 2mins & Finally 1 min was displayed! All the bikers was revving to their max screeching everyone’s ears. Red Lights were on & with all wheelies racers zipped away leaving tyre marks. It’s a 7 lap race & smoking tyres around the corners was fun to watch. In 3rd Lap around the last corner, a racer with very bad luck skidded & managed to escape with no injuries. He got up & moved the bike himself off the track & quitted the race. There was tough competition between 2nd & 3rd racer & both seems to be extremely talented.

IMG_1563_wm_wm.JPG

In the final lap, 3rd racer was trying hard in the C12 for overtake & he lost his balance badly & went out of track. Everyone was shocked to see that! He skidded away for almost 200mtrs & finally hit the tyre walls on the edge. No surprise. He went unconscious. Yellow flags on the tracks with safety cars & ambulance making its way. Race was ended. You can see that bike above that guy & he is completely unconscious.

IMG_1581_wm_wm.JPG

All the great start, ended up sad. Yes, this is what is called as Racing. A Hell in each & every corners. Nobody knows what will happen the next moment. It’s not all about winning. Racing is all about mind, time, perfection, pressure, skills & lot of presence on track.

IMG_1582_wm_wm.JPG

Stay tuned for 600cc, 1600cc F3 updates & lot more to follow...

Top Bottom