Exclusive Coverage: MRF International Challenge

Thread Starter #1
The racing scene in India will be kicking off with a bang this year. MRF has announced it will be hosting the International Challenge 2010 at the Madras Motor Race Track at Sriperumbudur in Chennai. The event will be held across three consecutive Sundays starting from the 31st of January, then on the 7th of February and finally bending on the 14th of February. The International Challenge promises to the biggest motorsport initiative undertaken by the tyre manufacturer. At the International challenge 2010, spectators will get to witness the nation's best racers competing for motorsport glory in as many as seven categories. Thje star attractions for on the event days will be the MRF Formula 1600 cars and the superbikes.

The different catogories in which motorcycle racers can compete are the Underbone class (engine capacity 130cc and below), Indian bikes class (165cc and below 4 stroke) and the regular 2 stroke categories. There's some more good news for budding racers. Yamaha Motor India has already provided 20 Undebone category motorcycles to the organizer. Superbikes will also be in action as there will be a classes and races for the same. The category will also witness participation from foreign riders. The different classes for cars comprise of the Super Saloon cars, Race Star cars and the Mrf Formula 1600 class. This racing initiative by MRF will be good for motorsports in India as it will attract mainstream media coverage and help our desi racers in comparing their racing technique with the intrernational racers.

Meanwhile, MRF has signed up Narain Karthikeyan as their 'Racing Brand Ambassador. The country's sole racer to have competed in F1 has said that it is an honor for him to represent MRF Tyres and join their efforts to take motor racing to the next level in India. JK Tyre had supported Narain financially since his early motorsport days. When questioned by the media about Narain's sudden switch in loyalties, Snjay Sharma, Head of Motor Sport, JK Tyre, commented that Narain was their prodigy from the time he began racing and now that he has opted to leave us, we only wish him well and are happy for him. Hmm. That surely is a very diplomatic reaction to a deep emotional wound!​

Source:Motoroids

yeah man , no perfect office for rent . so plan to build one of my own , no other options still avail . As i need to save vitamin M i am searching for best possible rates , by next week the construction of my simple office will start. so cant move out anywhere!

Thread Starter #7
Any one planning to join ??

This event is happening after 11 years & Feb 7 is most expected day!

So try your best to vroom in.

Yes i am ready! But my only concern is the ticket pricing and the availability of tickets. I have college from tomorrow till saturday so it is very difficult for me to go and purchase them after coming from college![frustration]

Zinam if you are ready to come with me to buy tickets after 6 or 7pm anyday from now am ready!![:)]

Thread Starter #9
Not SUre, whether I will be free.

May be I will call them & ask to deliver the tickets or atleast hold them!

Hmmmm if you do so then can you kindly hold one for me also?? Also do confirm with others about their presence!!

Thread Starter #12
Okay Surendar.

I understand, else you will be the first to come :)

We have booked the tickets for MRF International Challenge.

Wait for all action from MMSC.

Yes myself and Zinam are going there together! We have got the tickets , thanks to my friend who went and purchased the tickets!

But Surendar and Ilango you guys can come next sunday also or also even the sunday after that! I heard its taking place for 3 weeks in Chennai!

Thread Starter #14
MRF has announced it will be hosting the International Challenge 2010 at the Madras Motor Race Track at Sriperumbudur in Chennai. The event will be held across three consecutive Sundays starting from the 31st of January, then on the 7th of February and finally bending on the 14th of February.​

Yes This event is happening for three days totally / Three weekends!

You can also go on 14th Feb.

Tickets can be purchased at Landmark, City Centre, Spencer Plaza & MRF Tyre Drome.

Ticket Rates - 100, 200 & 500.

Top Bottom