Exciting Goa Trip - Bangalore To Goa

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Please do tell more. I have finalised now.

Will go to goa in october end and have decide for estrela do mar beach resort. 4 nights 5 days. It'll be my first trip so please do tell me what i shouldn't miss [:)]

Please do tell more. I have finalised now.

Will go to goa in october end and have decide for estrela do mar beach resort. 4 nights 5 days. It'll be my first trip so please do tell me what i shouldn't miss [:)]

Hi allhyundaicars, if you planning for goa in october pls keep watching the thread http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../8912-south-meets-west-inter-region-meet.html. we are planning for a south-west inter-region meet during the same time mostly at goa. place is still not decided. this is for your information.

Excellent travelogue buddy. I am planning to visit Goa at Christmas times this year. BTW do post some more pics buddy.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
You should taken the sea ride just to enjoy the ride in rough sea. It's fun and thrilling 1 hour ride, when we visited there were huge tides and it was scary also.

Dolphin - i cud not click any pics. Even the video dint come out well. When we saw the dolphin i had jumped out of excitement and the camera lens was focusing on the sky [:D].... video has come out very well except to capture dolphin[:D]

Held up with office work and will write up about my day 3 & 4 of Goa trip by this weekend [glasses]
Not only the 1st reason
All of our family members were scared for going for the ride in sea

A good travel log Parthi with a detailed route map. How about the guest house. Any places you recommend for stay . I am planning for a Goa trip soon and so gathering more info.

Beautiful palace - owned by a Diamond Exported. What a one to own!! Fantastic view
That would be his "Official Occupation".

A Goa Politician's house
Not entirely wrong. That's the Secretariat.

Oops, it was Sunday and 90% of restaurants were either closed or holiday.
This is news to me. We go out on Saturdays and Sundays all the time.

After a long walk we found one Punajbi restaurant. There was a long waiting time and we finally got our chance. The food was not even OK and this was the only bad experience in the whole goa trip.
The only North Indian Restaurants worth visiting are Delhi Darbar and Sher-e-Punjab, both in Panjim. They're quite expensive though.

BTW this happens to be my 900th post.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
The only North Indian Restaurants worth visiting are Delhi Darbar and Sher-e-Punjab, both in Panjim. They're quite expensive though.

BTW this happens to be my 900th post.
Congrats for your 900th post P3T3R.

Yes, we went to Sher-e-Punjab only. We did not like the food and it was pathetic. Me & Wifey were surprised to see a long queue for table. May be due to Sunday, all were forced to visit the hotel.

I will update about the remaining day trips in a while shortly.

Seems this thread has died down [:)]
Anyway Iam planning to do a Goa trip in either October or November on my Brio.

I have few questions though.

Did you encounter the western ghats on the way ? If so hows the roads. Asking this as iam still a newbie in driving. Completed just 2500kms of driving experience [:)]
I think its better to halt at night somewhere in hubli and then drive.

Why you had to rent or hire a car in Goa other than going around in your own car ?

Which is better place to stay Margoan or Panaji. margaon seems to be more near?

Which is better to see South Goa or North Goa. I guess it takes minimum 3 to 4 days to cover entire Goa

Thread Starter #25
Yes, the ghats road were very good. But it was just before monsoon started. You will have to check the road status now.

Be cautious while driving on ghat roads. You being a newbie driving just cruise at 60-70 KM in the ghat road.

For two reasons I rented a car
  • Roads are very narrow in Goa. Also I did not want to stop and ask for route for every other place i had to visit there.
  • Relax and enjoy the ride. No need to worry for car parking etc etc

Staying in Panaji would be better option. Yes 3-4 days will be good enough to cover everything in Goa

Yes, the ghats road were very good. But it was just before monsoon started. You will have to check the road status now.

Be cautious while driving on ghat roads. You being a newbie driving just cruise at 60-70 KM in the ghat road.

For two reasons I rented a car
  • Roads are very narrow in Goa. Also I did not want to stop and ask for route for every other place i had to visit there.
  • Relax and enjoy the ride. No need to worry for car parking etc etc

Staying in Panaji would be better option. Yes 3-4 days will be good enough to cover everything in Goa
@mari.parthi: Some questions for you.

Any info on renting a bungalow or apartment which i feel would be VFM when a group of friends are going.

Mostly, i would be starting from Nagpur, so what would be the best option, By car or Flight? I prefer by car since we would be able to cover the spots which lie in en-route.

What are the approx car rents if one hires an AC SUV/MUV for sight seeing. By MUV, i mean an Innova, Tavera. Just approx rates would do.

I have heard of some beach festivals, but not sure what are they about, so mind sharing about it. I want to go in the month when i can enjoy to the fullest..[:D].

Thread Starter #27
@Akash: Renting a apartment - sorry I don't have much info about this

If you and your friends love driving then taking your car would be the best option.

Car rents for SUV/MUV should be approx 2000-2500 per day. non-ac would be good if you want to take some fresh air and enjoy the city.

Beach festivals - referring to cruise ride or some party kind of? your hotel helpdesk will be able to assist in this. they have many options

Hi,
New to this forum. I am planning to do Bangalore-Goa by Polo TDi during 3 week this month. First time to Goa; could you tell which deviation before Hubli are you talking about; I found from Google Map, is it this?
https://maps.google.co.in/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=NH4&daddr=National+Highway+63&geocode=Fdo94gAdMgB-BA%3BFRRr5AAdVgl0BA&sll=14.902322,75.151978&sspn=0.719285,1.229095&vpsrc=6&hl=en&mra=me&mrsp=1,0&sz=10&ie=UTF8&ll=14.936824,75.145111&spn=0.719169,1.229095&t=m&z=10&dirflg=d

Is this just after Bankapur?

Top Bottom