Everything About Bike Riding Gears!!

and helmets ofcourse LS2. the best thing about it is the fit n finish.comfort, supprt and the ventilation. its a quality materail. total VFM.

Bike riding gear suggestions!

hello everybody!
just a short intro: 19 year old studying computer engineering from goa! recently got my first bike apache rtr 180 abs[:D]!
so i want to do biking trips and have been reading about various biking gear! but i m very new to this [confused] so i wanted suggestions regarding bike riding gear! i ll buy it over the course of time till december thats when i intend to undertake my first long bike journey!
so please suggest me the appropriate gear needed! :help:
thanks in advance!

Re: Bike riding gear suggestions!

Sir, Your budget? You can go for either a FOX riding jacket or Alpinestars riding jacket. Costs matters a lot.

LS2 helmets are good IMO.

Aplinestar full armor kit should cost you around a lakh. leather suts should be around 60k. textile suits should be around 15k to 25k. Cramester is also good. Fox is good. Be aware of the fake products. there a lot of fake in online shopping.. I have a alpine start 3 year old kit..really worth.

caution: Always buy a size bigger by 2 inches. if you hip size is 34, get a 36. there is a bit of shriking in the kit size wise. Had 1 major crash in r15 at a speed of 100. relaized the worth.

check out: PlanetDSG : Motorcycle Riding Gear, Accessories, Apparel and... i got my kit from this shop

http://www.planetdsg.com/textile-jackets-pants-c-47.html

http://www.planetdsg.com/leather-suits-jackets-c-78.html

http://www.planetdsg.com/protectors-c-49.html

http://www.planetdsg.com/boots-c-44.html

http://www.planetdsg.com/helmets-c-95.html

Last edited:

I have a alpine start 3 year old kit..really worth.
how much did it cost? and whats the basic kit that can be bought now? if its really worth my father wont mind spending a bit extra!
btw one of my relatives is coming down from US in may! is it worth to buy gear there and get it? or best is to buy in india only?

PS: thanks for all the links! i ll check them out

there is sizing difference from in USA compared to india. I got my Kit around 69k for a deal. real cost was 96k. it was brought in a year end sale. includes leather suits, protecots, guards, helmets, boots.

96k for a full kit!
I would have collected it part by part,
Riding Jacket-10k , Helmet-4k, boots-5k, gloves-2k, riding pant-5k.
Total: 26k, I save 70k, I will buy a good bike for that saved money!

RIDING Gears!!! Long Awaited

Guys its been quite some time i wanted to write about the riding gears that are available in INDIA and reviews of few which i use for a touring as well as day to day riding.
For starters lets start with riding jackets.

Brands available:

Cramster their web address: Cramster - India's Favourite Riding Gear and Motorcycle Luggage Buy Online and Accessories Safety Apparel Touring Biking Biker Protective Jacket Gloves Saddlebags Luggage Ladakh Leh Ride Rider Royal Enfield Bullet KTM ninja pulsar Yamaha Racing Suit
Rynox their Web address : Home page
DSG their Web address : PlanetDSG : Motorcycle Riding Gear, Accessories, Apparel and..
Solace their web adress : Motorcycle Riding Gears. Gloves,leather suits,body armour,accessories
Vega their web address : VEGA HELMETS

A few other people who sell riding gears online:
Buy RIDING GEAR Online in India
Online Shopping: Shop Online for Mobiles, Books, Watches, Shoes and More - Amazon.in
www.snapdeal.com
Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay
AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China.
PGS BIKING GEARS DELHI, INDIA
Outdoor Travel Gear
Buy Motorcycle Body Armor & Protection in India – High Note Performance
Adventure18 | Riding Gear in India | Bike Riding Accessories india | Bike Riding Gear India | Motorcycle Gear India
Dirt Bike & Motocross Online Store | MotoSport
BikeGear : Motorcycle Accessories Helmets,Jackets,Gloves,Boots Racing Suits , Exhausts & other Parts in India
Buy Car and Bike Accessories India, buy Car Parts India, Car Genuine Parts, Buy Auto Accessories - jazzmyride
Bachoo Motors
This is a store where you find travelling equipments

NH4 MOTORHEADS, BANGALORE - INDIA Travel Gears, Adventure Gears, Camping Equipment's, Motorcycle Luggage Bags

now that i have given the details of most of the websites.

let me start with what are the benefits of these while riding on todays power horse bikes.

jackets: Protective Armor:

A riding jacket consists of protective armor at the elbows, shoulder, back, and sometimes at the chest as well. Whenever you go to purchase a jacket, do ensure the armors are CE certified/approved. There are various armor manufacturing companies and various certifications for different types of armor, but the minimum certification should be a CE level 1 certification. Look for engraving on the armors and documentation to ensure authenticity. If you want better protection, then look for armors that satisfy the CE level 2 tests. To summarize, a riding jacket is one with protective armors. Without them, it’s use as a protective jacket is virtually non-existent.

Jacket Types:

A jacket can be broadly classified into two types:

Classic/Touring: Usually made of textile material, these jackets should suit most riders who go out for a casual spin now and then, and also suit long distance tourers alike. Being textile, these are relatively more comfortable than leathers. The materials used can be Mesh(For summer riding), and other synthetic materials like polyester. There are various other material classifications, but in short, you must select the jacket type based on the intended use, and the climate in which you are going to use it in.
Racing Jacket/Suit: Usually made of leather, this type of jacket/suit is primarily intended for track days, or for short runs in relatively cold conditions. Leather being the most abrasion resistant material apart from Kevlar, provides maximum protection in case of a fall. However, leather requires more care vis-a-vis textile based ones, and is generally best avoided in hot summer conditions.

Features:

Some important features of most jackets are:

Pockets: Most jackets come with multiple outer and inner pockets, and some of them are waterproof to keep your important belongings like your wallet and mobile phone.
Adjustable straps: Most jackets have adjustable straps at the waist and arms. These are important to provide a snug-fit. All armors should fit firmly around your shoulders and elbows so that they do not move out of place on impact, while the jacket itself should fit snugly without being uncomfortable.
Weather proof: Some jackets come with a detachable rain-liner/thermal liner. Others are multi-weather whose construction material is waterproof, breathable, and windproof as well. Most jackets are equipped with cooling vents at the front, at the back, and on the arms. These help in further ventilation.
Further safety: For further safety, most jackets are reinforced with abrasion resistant Cordura material at the impact points such as the elbows and shoulders, and most come with reflective material on the back side, which enhances visibility at night.
Cleaning: For cleaning, textile based jackets can be washed in a washing machine as well, after removing the armors.

A common myth is that riding jackets are uncomfortable. Come to think of it, there are multiple types for multiple weather conditions, so you are spoilt for choice to be honest. I do agree that it can never be as comfortable as a T-shirt, but the protection that a riding jacket provides is reason enough to go ahead and use one. Another myth that some people have is that a riding jacket will save your life during any type of crash. Do remember that the armors and other protective features only help reducing the impact of a crash, so one must still ride sensibly.

these are mostly in the range of 5500- 29,000 odd yeah the figures are right but for starters the minimum range would be good. If you have enough moolah even starters can go for high end stuff all depends on your pocket:-)

In case you feel these Jackets are expensive however you want to have protection you can go for Body armour suits these can be worn inside any Jackets. and range from
1500-16,000 approx.

Last edited:

Top Bottom