Everything About Auxiliary Lights

Re: Auxiliary Lights for Maruti Alto

Thirdly he had got flashers; the white ones which flashes like the camera flash and those was really horrible!! He got fitted those near the foglamps...
Now which ever car comes from otherside with high beam; he used to dipper them only twice; third time he simply use to switch off the fog lamps and start those HORRIBLE flashers...
And then what the opposite driver would simply use to low ther beams or simply off their hearlights if their foglights were on...
He used flashers on highways only..
Please elaborate on the flashers, what are they? and if possible post a picture also. i have heard only a little and i want to learn about this.

just ordered hella black magic 500 online(hope i made a fair choice) for duster,can anyone please tell me about fittings and wiring details. i found this searching online but im not confident. please suggest

just ordered hella black magic 500 online(hope i made a fair choice) for duster,can anyone please tell me about fittings and wiring details. i found this searching online but im not confident. please suggest
Hello Kaustubh,

Have you yet fitted the Black Magic 500? can we get some beam pics? What is the range of the lamps?

Regards,
Kinshuk

Hi All,
I have a query regarding Hella highway hawk driving lights, anyone using them on their cars? Can someone suggest how good, Ok or bad (price to performance ratio) are they when compared to Hella 500FF driving lights or neolite 1010 driving lights.

Price quoted for Highway hawk (set of 2) is 2100 and
price quoted for 500FF (set of 2) is 4500-4700
price quoted for Neolite 1010 (set of 2) is ~1000
see the attached image for Hella lights.

P.S. I have a grand i10 and I sometimes do Jaipur- Delhi highway trip. Also I think big lamps won't look good on a small car so thinking of getting the Hella highway hawk.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hellas are good although they are a little overpriced.

Do you have pic of Neolite? Esp the lens?
Here you go, there are 2 lamps: halogen 1010 and halogen 1011, diameters are different for both of these.
Also can I use higher watt (70W/75W or 100W) halogen bulb in any of these lamps, will it melt the reflector or not?

there are other options as well available with Neolite, you can visit the webpage here: http://www.neolitezkw.com/auxiliary-lamps.aspx?SubCategoryName=FOG+/+SPOT+/+DRIVING+LAMPS

Attachments

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hellas are definitely better in Build and lens/reflector quality. Look how blurry neolite looks. Go for Hella if possible. I do not suggest higher wattage, rather upgrade to HID 35w.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Won't HIDs be an overkill (glare) in reflector. So I guess I should go with Hella Highway hawk in that case.
Glare is Glare.
So HID or High wattage Halogens, Glare will be present. So with power comes responsibility. Use extra lamps only on Deserted roads or Highways with proper dividers/Shrubs.

My intention of use is basically for highways. Will consider putting HIDs in Hella.
Btw, what is the price range for good HIDs? There are so many local made HIDs present in the market.

Just a quick question bhvm
For highways, driving beam would be better or spot beams?
On the neolite website, spot lamps with clear lens are also present. So does that mean that Hella driving lamps with clear lens will produce somewhat spot beams? Neolite 879 with 145mm diameter should have good throw I guess

P.S. Also there is an added advantage that neolites come in single piece per box vs Hella comes with pair per box in case one lamp gets broken + they are cheaper when compared to Hella.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom