Engine Belt Noise in My New Car

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone!
From the last 3 weeks i am hearing a whistling kind of noise.IT is not loud but can be clearly heard if you stand near the car.Is it of any loose belt??Should i show it to service center people and take the risk of having another problem bcos of their carelessness or let it run like this only??Is it going to pose some problem for my new car?

Re: Engine belt noise in my 1.5 month old car!!

For issues involving noise, one must be with the car to listen to it.
Its hard to diagnose such noises however the hissing noise normally occurs due to vaccum leakage. To inspect that, check all the pipes from filter to the intake manifold

I would strongly suggest you to get your car inspected at an authorised Hyundai workshop.

well the best thing is to get this checked with your service station.If the sound you are saying is too audible then do get it checked.As akash said it might be of the loose belt or vaccum leakage.

is this sound having any negetive effect on my car?
Of course if theres some leakage from any of the pipes, that isn't good. Also since your car is new that shouldn't happen, and even if such a thing happens it must be rectified soon or faulty component must be replaced under warranty.

How to Stop Fan Belt Sound?

I gave my car for a service since when I start my engine the fan belt makes a lot of noise. Should I change the fan belt or if there is any other solution to it.

Regards

fan belt means the ac pulley belt?? get the belt checked, if it is loose - get it tightened. or if the belt is worn out, get it changed. by the way which car is it??

Top Bottom