Emission norms in India

Oh sad to know that those cars are discontinued!! I like all the 5 cars!![cry]

And today i read in paper that BS-IV compliant fuel will cost more!!

350Z

Core Team
Welcome Bharat Stage - IV!

It is Exact 12:00 AM of 1st April 2010. Let's say good bye to Bharat Stage 3 and Welcome New Bharat Stage 4 Emission Norms, today in our country. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
hey, i know that the safari has been upgraded to BSIV, but what about my scorpio & innova?

i remember reading somewhere that the scorpio mHawk when launched was BS IV complaint, is this true? is the new innova BS IV complaint?

Last edited:
yes, tata has launched the 2010 safari (with very very minor updates!) & its BS IV complaint.

coming to think of it, yes- my scorpio is already BS IV complaint. i remember in the price list it was written "Scorpio VLX 7 Str BS IV" !!!

350Z

Core Team
Yes, Tata Motors has released their complete refreshed BS-IV Range, Including Xenon Pick-up, already. Raj, Regarding your Scorpio and Innova, I guess their respective manufacturers would also have updated them quietly since there's no news of these cars being discontinued from Major cities!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yesterday evening whilst passing a Maruti showroom, i saw a huge placard saying," You have been an integral part of our lives. We'll miss you, 800." That really moved me. I felt like going and buying one immediately. That car is a legend. We'll surely miss the car that taught the nation how to drive.

Thread Starter #24
The list from Autocar

• Maruti 800
  • Octavia,
  • Fabia (petrol),
  • Tavera,
  • Sumo Victa,
  • Palio Stile,
  • Ikon,
  • Lancer,
  • Pajero,
  • Ambassador and
  • Indica V2

However, the ageing Hyundai Getz will soon be discontinued completely.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #25
Sad to see these cars will no longer available on our roads on all big cities.

Attachments

Yes , but there are some shocking cars present in the list like Pajero , Octavia , Fabia!!

Ikon is the new facelifted one also phased out from now??

350Z

Core Team
Really sad to know that even Amby is bidding adieu, The Ambassador’s Avigo variant was impressive but if HM is shutting down what about Mitsubishi? Are they planning to work independently in India?

By the way RSM, You’ve posted few incorrect pics:

Skoda Octy = Skoda Laura
Mitsubishi Lancer = Mitsubishi Evo
Mitsubishi Pajero = Mitsubishi Montero

@Landrover, I came to know that a few govt. offices have already hired Boleros and Ambys were retired but don’t know about local politicians. Though, Our PM and President uses a BMW 7 – Series!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom