Emission norms in India

Thread Starter #1
wikipedia

• 1991 - Idle CO Limits for Gasoline Vehicles and Free Acceleration Smoke for Diesel Vehicles, Mass Emission Norms for Gasoline Vehicles.
  • 1992 - Mass Emission Norms for Diesel Vehicles.
  • 1996 - Revision of Mass Emission Norms for Gasoline and Diesel Vehicles, mandatory fitment of Catalytic Converter for Cars in Metros on Unleaded Gasoline.
  • 1998 - Cold Start Norms Introduced .
  • 2000 - India 2000 (Eq. to Euro I) Norms, Modified IDC (Indian Driving Cycle), Bharat Stage II Norms for Delhi.
  • 2001 - Bharat Stage II (Eq. to Euro II) Norms for All Metros, Emission Norms for CNG & LPG Vehicles.
  • 2003 - Bharat Stage II (Eq. to Euro II) Norms for 11 major cities.
  • 2005 - From 1 April Bharat Stage III (Eq. to Euro III) Norms for 11 major cities.
  • 2010 - Bharat Stage III Emission Norms for 4-wheelers for entire country whereas Bharat Stage - IV (Eq. to Euro IV) for 13 major cities. Bharat Stage IV also has norms on OBD (simalar to Euro III but diluted)

Any body have any details of BSIV norms. I found this on SIAM website.

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
From 1st-April, the fuel in 13 cities will be of BS-4 compliant.
Do anybody knows if there is any impact on putting BS-3 compliant fuel in BS-4 complaint vehicles or vice-versa.

I could find -
An executive from Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (Siam) quoted,
We have a particular concern about the unavailability of the correct fuel from April 1. The current range of engines is tuned in such a way that they can handle both types of fuels (BS-II and BS-III). The next generation engine, of BS-IV, will be more tuned to handle BS-III than BS-II. If there is a sustained mismatch in fuel quality for about a month, then there will definitely be a very negative impact on performance. Most likely, there would be a knocking tendency while acceleration, much reduced fuel efficiency levels and a long-term impact on the life of the vehicle.

So, if there is any mismatch of fuel in BS-IV vehicle, it'll have negative impacts??[surprise]
That means fuel compatible for BS-IV vehicle is needed or it'll happen if BS-III and BS-IV compatible fuel is mixed??
Or the older vehicles will be facing the problem??

Thread Starter #6
Actually older vehicles are ok with BS-4 fuel.
The problem might happen, if new vehicles (BS-4 compliant) uses older BS2 or BS-3 fuel.

So, if there is any mismatch of fuel in BS-IV vehicle, it'll have negative impacts??[surprise]
That means fuel compatible for BS-IV vehicle is needed or it'll happen if BS-III and BS-IV compatible fuel is mixed??
Or the older vehicles will be facing the problem??
The problem is not mixing the fuels of the two types,but the sustained or prolonged use of the lower grade fuel.

In our tdi vista , the sign glowed for a few second few days back.

All were worrried ! its only after i said its due to fuel , they were relaxed.

It glows in a innova too due to adultrated fuel

350Z

Core Team
It is just four days and Bharat Stage – 4 Emission Norms will kick in. Following mentioned are the cars which are going to be discontinued from 13 major cities:

• Maruti 800
  • Skoda Octavia
  • Skoda Fabia
  • Chevrolet Tavera

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Thread Starter #12
@350Z, Are you sure about the list?
Palio is also going to be discontinued from 13 cities. Also i am surprised to see Fabia here.

350Z

Core Team
Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP Petrol Model will be discontinued, This information is from Autocar. And Yes, Add the Fiat Palio to list too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #15
That means, all Fabia Petrol will be discontinued. I feel bad, this is heck of a hatch. Fabia Diesel is costly, no idea what is their plans. May be a refreshed Fabia?

Top Bottom