Email To General Motors (Nikhil Automibiles, Navi Mumbai)

Thread Starter #1
I want this mail to be forwarded to concerned department.

Optra Magnum 2.0 LT
Owner: Abhijit Tidke
Regn No. Mh-43-V-9055
Regn Month: May 2008
Mileage: 64000kms

2nd Sep 2009, Wednesday. Car checked in at Nikhil Automobiles, Kopar Khairane, Thane-Belapur Road, Navi Mumbai. (Authorized Sales and Service, Chevrolet) at 10pm for 60000kms service. Mr. Manohar prepared job card. I requested him to do jobs like Oil change + Oil Filter, Fuel Filter Replacement and replacement of Timing Belt. I also instructed to check the front suspension as there was some noise from it in the right side and Right Fog lamp too wasn’t working. I had called Mr. Sonavane 10-12 days prior to service to ask about estimate of service and he gave me estimate of Rs. 13000 – 14000 (orally). Mr. Manohar didn’t give any estimate but I assumed it to be around Rs. 15000. He also promised that he’ll try to give the delivery of car on same day. In the afternoon at around 1pm he called me and informed me that Front Brake pads are due for replacement as they seem to be worn out. He also informed me that along with Timing Belt he also needs to replace Tensioner and Pulley. I asked him estimate of these additional jobs and he replied that total amount will be about Rs. 20000. I was surprised and he replied, “Sir, it will be below 20000 for sure.” He also told me that these additional jobs will take more time and car will be delivered only next day. I agreed for everything.

3rd Sep 2009, Thursday (Anant Chaturdashi). I called Mr. Manohar at 11am asking him the status of car. He told that car is almost ready but the mounting of front suspension is making noise and it needs to be replaced. He is waiting for the part (Mounting). At 1pm he informed me that he is working half day, so won’t be getting delivery of mounting on the same day, being Ganesh Visarjan and he’ll get it in the morning next day. He promised that he’ll give the car as soon as the mounting gets fixed up in the morning.

4th Sep 2009, Friday. I called him at 12 am and inquired about status of car. He said car is almost ready and he is about to go for a trial. He’ll wash the car and call me once it is ready. I waited till 3.30pm and tried calling him but his number was switched off..! I tried calling the Board line 022-40708888. It was recd by receptionist, I requested her to transfer the line to Service Department. She transferred but sad to inform you that nobody received the phone in Service department. I tried again but again nobody from service department received the phone. Only a customer can tell you how irritating it can be when you are not able to get in touch with service advisor to know the status of your car. Finally I decided to go to service centre to check my car. My brother Mr. Amol Tidke dropped me to dealership and asked me if he should wait for me. I, assuming that car must be almost ready replied NO and he left from there (Lucky man..!). I went inside to check my car and Mr. Manohar informed me that he is checking the Fog lamps, once they are fine, he’ll change the engine oil and oil filter. I started wondering if he was speaking truth when he told me at 12 that car is almost ready and he is going for trial. I waited for an hour (till 5pm) and then saw my car going out for a trial. I waited patiently in the Sales section inquiring about Captiva 4wd. I met Mr. Salim and Mr. Chetan getting information about Captiva which I was considering for my father Mr. S. M. Tidke. While in sales section, I also met my friend and neighbor Dr. Sandeep Sawant who came along with his wife to do final formalities and accept delivery of his brand new Chevrolet Spark. I congratulated him for his new car but inside my mind I was worried about the problems he’ll face at the time of service of his Spark (Like Me). At 5.30pm, I again went to check the status of my car and Mr. Manohar informed that car will go for wash soon. I asked him to get done with billing by the time. He agreed but plainly ignored me for next 15 minutes. He was busy attending other customers and I was just sitting there in front of him observing things around like “GM Service – Great moments Assured” and some other information like service status board of cars (not updated), contact number of Service manager, etc. I wanted to call the service manager but I knew I would loose my temper and instead of talking with him and further wasting time, I preferred sitting quietly and try and find means to just get lost from that sick place (along with my car). After some time my friend Mr. Manohar got time for me and took out print out of bill of my car at 6pm. I was expecting upto 20000 and was shocked to see final amount of Rs. 23200. I asked him for the clarification because I was not informed in advance about higher bill expected. He gave me some baseless reasons. I checked out the bill in detail and saw items like Rear Brake pads replacement, disc rotor and drum skimming, etc which were not communicated to me in advance. I realized that these extra items inflated the bill. I also realized that there was no point in arguing about the amount and waste time and I was feeling sick at that place and wanted to just escape from there. I paid the bill and went to washing section to see my car getting washed. At the same time Dr. Sandeep Sawant too was waiting to get his brand new car washed and he was getting late for his clinic. I spent time chatting with him. Finally my car was washed at 7pm. I just checked everything about the car, checked the replaced parts, checked the head lights and fog lamps and lo, the right Fog Lamp was still not working. That was height of my disappointment. I again met Mr. Manohar who instructed one of the drivers to get the car inside workshop. One electrician came and started checking the car. And within 5 minutes he vanished. He came back after 2-3 minutes having Vada pav in his hand. I realized that Vada Pav was more imp for him than a waiting customer…! Fog Lamp got fixed and finally I left the premises of Nikhil Automobiles at 7.30 pm. Only I know how much relieved I was feeling by just getting out of that place. I was also quite impressed with the car which was feeling fresh.

P.S.:

1. There is no receptionist at Service section and no body else cares about the incoming calls.

2. Mr. Manohar’s reason for switched off phone was, his phone was lost at 4pm on the same day. I have full sympathy for him but with that sympathy, I cannot forget the problems I faced at Nikhil Automobiles.

3. Drivers at dealership are very rash. I was observing my car being taken for a trial drive and saw that the driver was giving strong jerks to the car by braking hard and suddenly accelerating it even at tight places where there was no space to speed up. Every jerk by him was causing an ache in my heart.

4. When I left at 7.30, I fared good bye to Dr. Sandeep Sawant who was yet to leave that place and was getting late for his clinic.

5. No, we won’t consider Captiva for my father or for that matter any Chevrolet car to friend/ family member in Navi Mumbai. We are about to book a Fortuner for my father who is very impressed with service of Toyota. So what if we have to wait for 4-5 months for the delivery?

6. I have serviced my car at Chevrolet Pashankar, Pune couple of times and their quality of service is to be seen to be believed. Top Class!

7. We have 12 cars in our family out of which 5 are Hyundai (1 Tucson + 2 Accents + 2 Vernas) and their service is to be experienced to be believed (Sharayu Hyundai). Everything is so systematic. Even a Santro owner gets a glass of water and a cup of Tea. And here I was not even offered water while I was waiting for 3.5 hours.

8. Yesterday (8th Sep 2009) I received a call from Nikhil Auto asking feedback about the recent service. I gave my honest feedback of whatever I experienced. The person on phone told that she’ll take this matter to her manager and he would call soon (Yet to receive his call).

9. Right from Driver, to service executives, to technicians, to customer care dept to middle and top management, nobody cares about customer. There is not synchrony among the team whatsoever. There is no system.

10. GM makes best cars. I am very impressed with performance of Optra Magnum. GM cars are very good value for money and CPCO scheme of GM is unbeatable. Upcoming cars like Beat and Cruze will be way beyond competition. I always used to recommend GM cars to anybody who asked me. But don’t let poor service spoil the game in India.

11. High time we need another sale and service Dealership in Navi Mumbai. Till then I won’t service my car with Nikhil Automobiles nor will I recommend any Chevrolet car for anybody staying in Navi Mumbai. I had issues with Nikhil Automobiles many times in the past. But this time it was beyond tolerance and hence I chose to write up.

I dint knew GM's after sales service was so poor & that too in a city like Mumbai. I wonder how you stayed so calm.

Do such letter really make any difference ? Asking because i have no experience .

Excellent write up & really sad to here that you waited for 3+ days for getting your car serviced!

All the points are well said & true , Hyundai is far apart when compared to what ever is said above :)

napster

Suspended
it really makes customers go crazy when ASS department people delay things and dont care about cars, even in maruti , drivers drive the car very rashly.

I dint knew GM's after sales service was so poor & that too in a city like Mumbai. I wonder how you stayed so calm.

Do such letter really make any difference ? Asking because i have no experience .
yes they do, i mailed to maruti about my car's clutch problem and the very next day i got a cal lfrom maruti regarding the issue, they asked me to come over and they would solve the problem, gave it for a service today and ill get it day after coz tomorrow is a holiday

Thread Starter #5

Letters like these do make difference. When I wrote to Nissan, got instant response and issue was sorted out. In case of General Motors, they just forwarded the mail to service manager of Nikhil Auto who called me and all he told me is to just let him know when I send my car for service next time. I thought I just wasted my time writing such a long mail.

Yes the letters make difference!

But the people who should make the difference should be passionate enough to work & not just money minded!

Nissan's General Manager shows his apology & courtesy towards his prospective customer !

Fellow Service Manager of GM doesn't want to lose this single customer !

Thread Starter #7
Nissan's General Manager shows his apology & courtesy towards his prospective customer !

Fellow Service Manager of GM doesn't want to lose this single customer !
I guess u got it wrong. I am satisfied with the response I got from Nissan India but I am not happy with the response I got from General Motors, India. Even after writing such a long and convincing mail, I didn't get satisfactory response. GM of Service dept was soo dry in his talk. I guess, I wasted time writing such email.

Even after his response, I won't send my car to Nikhil Auto at all. So what if I have to send my car to Mumbai for service.

Last edited:
I guess u got it wrong. I am satisfied with the response I got from Nissan India but I am not happy with the response I got from General Motors, India. Even after writing such a long and convincing mail, I didn't get satisfactory response. GM of Service dept was soo dry in his talk. I guess, I wasted time writing such email.

Even after his response, I won't send my car to Nikhil Auto at all. So what if I have to send my car to Mumbai for service.
Yes Abhi!

I got your expectations & explainations right. I just told about the Service Managers view, He might think that you will call him & go for service next time :)

But you will not, I know that [cheers]

Neil: Complaint letters will make a lot of difference and you can expect a call from the service manager ASAP. But you cannot expect a satisfactory solution every time ... i had couple of experience writing mails to Kinetic India Ltd for my bike service (GF125), they did call me but the problem was not sorted out. [frustration]

Torque,

Directly forward your letter to Mr. Karl Slym, GM Head Honcho India Ops & then see the diff!!

Thread Starter #13
Thanks a lot..

In our fleet of 12 cars we have,

5 Hyundais viz.. Tucson, Verna CRDi, Verna CRDi SX, 2 Accent CRDi

Suzuki Swift VXi, Indica DLS, Scorpio 2.6 CRDe SLX, Innova 2.5 G3, Chevy Optra Magnum 2.0 LT, VW Passat Highline DSG and Audi Q7 3.0 TDi

hmm another writeup mate, cool one.But what i feel is that does this really make any difference then dealer calling up to you and promising to look out next time which really doesnt come anyways.How about writing it to Mr.Karl directly and try out the result.

I agree with you feedback, the services of Nikhil Automobiles is really bad and superbly over priced. Sincere advise to people to be careful before going there.

Regards
Sanjulee

I want this mail to be forwarded to concerned department.

Optra Magnum 2.0 LT
Owner: Abhijit Tidke
Regn No. Mh-43-V-9055
Regn Month: May 2008
Mileage: 64000kms

2nd Sep 2009, Wednesday. Car checked in at Nikhil Automobiles, Kopar Khairane, Thane-Belapur Road, Navi Mumbai. (Authorized Sales and Service, Chevrolet) at 10pm for 60000kms service. Mr. Manohar prepared job card. I requested him to do jobs like Oil change + Oil Filter, Fuel Filter Replacement and replacement of Timing Belt. I also instructed to check the front suspension as there was some noise from it in the right side and Right Fog lamp too wasn’t working. I had called Mr. Sonavane 10-12 days prior to service to ask about estimate of service and he gave me estimate of Rs. 13000 – 14000 (orally). Mr. Manohar didn’t give any estimate but I assumed it to be around Rs. 15000. He also promised that he’ll try to give the delivery of car on same day. In the afternoon at around 1pm he called me and informed me that Front Brake pads are due for replacement as they seem to be worn out. He also informed me that along with Timing Belt he also needs to replace Tensioner and Pulley. I asked him estimate of these additional jobs and he replied that total amount will be about Rs. 20000. I was surprised and he replied, “Sir, it will be below 20000 for sure.” He also told me that these additional jobs will take more time and car will be delivered only next day. I agreed for everything.

3rd Sep 2009, Thursday (Anant Chaturdashi). I called Mr. Manohar at 11am asking him the status of car. He told that car is almost ready but the mounting of front suspension is making noise and it needs to be replaced. He is waiting for the part (Mounting). At 1pm he informed me that he is working half day, so won’t be getting delivery of mounting on the same day, being Ganesh Visarjan and he’ll get it in the morning next day. He promised that he’ll give the car as soon as the mounting gets fixed up in the morning.

4th Sep 2009, Friday. I called him at 12 am and inquired about status of car. He said car is almost ready and he is about to go for a trial. He’ll wash the car and call me once it is ready. I waited till 3.30pm and tried calling him but his number was switched off..! I tried calling the Board line 022-40708888. It was recd by receptionist, I requested her to transfer the line to Service Department. She transferred but sad to inform you that nobody received the phone in Service department. I tried again but again nobody from service department received the phone. Only a customer can tell you how irritating it can be when you are not able to get in touch with service advisor to know the status of your car. Finally I decided to go to service centre to check my car. My brother Mr. Amol Tidke dropped me to dealership and asked me if he should wait for me. I, assuming that car must be almost ready replied NO and he left from there (Lucky man..!). I went inside to check my car and Mr. Manohar informed me that he is checking the Fog lamps, once they are fine, he’ll change the engine oil and oil filter. I started wondering if he was speaking truth when he told me at 12 that car is almost ready and he is going for trial. I waited for an hour (till 5pm) and then saw my car going out for a trial. I waited patiently in the Sales section inquiring about Captiva 4wd. I met Mr. Salim and Mr. Chetan getting information about Captiva which I was considering for my father Mr. S. M. Tidke. While in sales section, I also met my friend and neighbor Dr. Sandeep Sawant who came along with his wife to do final formalities and accept delivery of his brand new Chevrolet Spark. I congratulated him for his new car but inside my mind I was worried about the problems he’ll face at the time of service of his Spark (Like Me). At 5.30pm, I again went to check the status of my car and Mr. Manohar informed that car will go for wash soon. I asked him to get done with billing by the time. He agreed but plainly ignored me for next 15 minutes. He was busy attending other customers and I was just sitting there in front of him observing things around like “GM Service – Great moments Assured” and some other information like service status board of cars (not updated), contact number of Service manager, etc. I wanted to call the service manager but I knew I would loose my temper and instead of talking with him and further wasting time, I preferred sitting quietly and try and find means to just get lost from that sick place (along with my car). After some time my friend Mr. Manohar got time for me and took out print out of bill of my car at 6pm. I was expecting upto 20000 and was shocked to see final amount of Rs. 23200. I asked him for the clarification because I was not informed in advance about higher bill expected. He gave me some baseless reasons. I checked out the bill in detail and saw items like Rear Brake pads replacement, disc rotor and drum skimming, etc which were not communicated to me in advance. I realized that these extra items inflated the bill. I also realized that there was no point in arguing about the amount and waste time and I was feeling sick at that place and wanted to just escape from there. I paid the bill and went to washing section to see my car getting washed. At the same time Dr. Sandeep Sawant too was waiting to get his brand new car washed and he was getting late for his clinic. I spent time chatting with him. Finally my car was washed at 7pm. I just checked everything about the car, checked the replaced parts, checked the head lights and fog lamps and lo, the right Fog Lamp was still not working. That was height of my disappointment. I again met Mr. Manohar who instructed one of the drivers to get the car inside workshop. One electrician came and started checking the car. And within 5 minutes he vanished. He came back after 2-3 minutes having Vada pav in his hand. I realized that Vada Pav was more imp for him than a waiting customer…! Fog Lamp got fixed and finally I left the premises of Nikhil Automobiles at 7.30 pm. Only I know how much relieved I was feeling by just getting out of that place. I was also quite impressed with the car which was feeling fresh.

P.S.:

1. There is no receptionist at Service section and no body else cares about the incoming calls.

2. Mr. Manohar’s reason for switched off phone was, his phone was lost at 4pm on the same day. I have full sympathy for him but with that sympathy, I cannot forget the problems I faced at Nikhil Automobiles.

3. Drivers at dealership are very rash. I was observing my car being taken for a trial drive and saw that the driver was giving strong jerks to the car by braking hard and suddenly accelerating it even at tight places where there was no space to speed up. Every jerk by him was causing an ache in my heart.

4. When I left at 7.30, I fared good bye to Dr. Sandeep Sawant who was yet to leave that place and was getting late for his clinic.

5. No, we won’t consider Captiva for my father or for that matter any Chevrolet car to friend/ family member in Navi Mumbai. We are about to book a Fortuner for my father who is very impressed with service of Toyota. So what if we have to wait for 4-5 months for the delivery?

6. I have serviced my car at Chevrolet Pashankar, Pune couple of times and their quality of service is to be seen to be believed. Top Class!

7. We have 12 cars in our family out of which 5 are Hyundai (1 Tucson + 2 Accents + 2 Vernas) and their service is to be experienced to be believed (Sharayu Hyundai). Everything is so systematic. Even a Santro owner gets a glass of water and a cup of Tea. And here I was not even offered water while I was waiting for 3.5 hours.

8. Yesterday (8th Sep 2009) I received a call from Nikhil Auto asking feedback about the recent service. I gave my honest feedback of whatever I experienced. The person on phone told that she’ll take this matter to her manager and he would call soon (Yet to receive his call).

9. Right from Driver, to service executives, to technicians, to customer care dept to middle and top management, nobody cares about customer. There is not synchrony among the team whatsoever. There is no system.

10. GM makes best cars. I am very impressed with performance of Optra Magnum. GM cars are very good value for money and CPCO scheme of GM is unbeatable. Upcoming cars like Beat and Cruze will be way beyond competition. I always used to recommend GM cars to anybody who asked me. But don’t let poor service spoil the game in India.

11. High time we need another sale and service Dealership in Navi Mumbai. Till then I won’t service my car with Nikhil Automobiles nor will I recommend any Chevrolet car for anybody staying in Navi Mumbai. I had issues with Nikhil Automobiles many times in the past. But this time it was beyond tolerance and hence I chose to write up.

Top Bottom