Electronic Ignition For Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Friends, am dedicating this thread to the carb-car owners. [cheers]

This is a useful modification you guys can do. My car became very smooth in driving, less engine vibration and noticeable increase in pick-up. Now no need to bother about the CB point and condenser replacement.

The kit installed last month which I ordered from Mr. Kiran Bhide who makes the after market ignition kit for the carburetor cars, situated in Mumbai.

It includes MPI coils, Pulser coil plate(replaces the CB points), Ignition Module, Magnetic reluctor, NGK spark plugs.

With the help of the workshop friend I installed the kit and tuned. The result was just amazing. The car needs only half crank to start.

see the photos

maruti-800-mpi-01.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-02.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-03.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-04.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-05.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-06.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-07.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-08.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-09.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-10.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-11.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-12.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-13.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-14.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-15.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-16.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-17.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-18.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-19.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-20.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-21.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-22.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-23.JPG

maruti-800-mpi-24.JPG

Re: Electronic Ignition for Maruti-800

Nice mod.Just another mod which shows your love for M800.[:D]

Cheers mate

Thread Starter #4
Re: Electronic Ignition for Maruti-800

hey..is this basically to improve performance?
At one point its right, because your spark plugs will get enough energy to burn the fuel. In the normal distributor its all doing mechanically and wasting some electricity. But the kit converts the mechanical things to (semi-)electric, like the contact breaker points, condenser etc.

And in other point you can avoid the usual break down happens to carb cars especially Maruti 800, because of the wear and tear happens to the CB points and Delco caps.

I remember seeing advertisements about this modification in the early issues of Auto India back in the 90's. Its a great and purposeful mod. You can start a Mod Shop with your experience and skill sets.

I have had this on my car for a while too.Excellent little mod, fuel efficiency goes up too.Just love it.

Had it installed by Mr Bhide himself.

No, still using this electronic ignition system system.

The old coil packed and so are the ignition cables and old plugs.

Hi :) brilliant mod! I have a m800 1989 model curently running in both gas as well as in petrol so can i fit this up in my car. Sometimes starting her up in the morning gives me head ache! Pl give me some more opinions about the device, disadvantages if ANY :)
Thank you inadvance :)

Thread Starter #13
Hi :) brilliant mod! I have a m800 1989 model curently running in both gas as well as in petrol so can i fit this up in my car. Sometimes starting her up in the morning gives me head ache! Pl give me some more opinions about the device, disadvantages if ANY :)
Thank you inadvance :)
After fitting this kit, the first thing I noticed that the car needs only a half crank to start. No more miss firing. Smooth and very responsive acceleration. You can feel that!!

Forget about the CB points, those make your car stall sometimes because of the wear out.

No disadvantages faced. I installed it 2 years before, haven't shown any problem ever since. You can go for it! [;)]

Thank you for the reply guys. I even contacted the distribituor through e-mail, He says i've to pay him in full as advance after that he'll send me the thing through some DTDC courier. So is it safe to go for it or can i buy it in person?? Or is this thing available in mysore or bangalore!!

hi guys am new here, i am from mauritius i own a carb version of the 2nd gen maruti. i just love this car, this problem of starting in the morning often harass me as well. well i would like to know how can i provide my car with this kit?? i mauritius, their is only 2 shops for maruti parts and they just have stock things with nothing new no crystal headlights sold either.. i mean is their any specific site or email of this mr bhide?? thanks guys

Top Bottom