Electric Vacuum Pump and Oil Catch Can for Maruti 800

Ha Ha thanks for your comments ! But I never did any DIY on Mahindra.
If you get me one I would definitely do it. [:)]

First I tried it keeping it under the driver seat, still it was getting heated up. So finally fixed it in the engine bay.

Presently I am working on slotted disks (brakes) whats your opinion about this ?
I myself searching jobs of that kind , if given , i'll pay whatever penalty the present company ask and join there HAHA..

Try placing a cpu cooler below that , so that it acts as exhaust [evil]

For slotted disk - i fear the disks become weak after you drill holes in present one.

Thread Starter #17
I will try something like a box to fit in the pump and fix a fan as you said.

So the slotted disk will have any chance to break ?

I will try something like a box to fit in the pump and fix a fan as you said.

So the slotted disk will have any chance to break ?
Varun, Just dont get that bothered about the pump getting heated. It is a Vane pump and not lubricated. So it is bound to run hot. The pumps manufactured by Hella have a conitnuous or intermittent operation life for 800 hrs. So just place it in a well ventilated location and work on a slotted rotor disc. The current location of your pump is pretty fine. Have you used the rubber mounts that came with the pump. Placing the pump inside the cab will bother you with noise while pump is in operation.

No I have just used sponge pieces to make it fit firm. Where can we get the Hella's pump. Can we get it in India ?
You may find damper blocks from any industrial harware supplier. It looks like a miniature version of the gearbox mount in you M-800.
For now there is no retails sale of Vacuum pump in India it seems. You ll have to find some one returning from US or UK. :)

No I have just used sponge pieces to make it fit firm. Where can we get the Hella's pump. Can we get it in India ?
Hi Varun, There is some good news for you.
Mahindra uses this pump in their electric cars. So you can get them in Reva dealerships for less than Rs 4000/-

Thread Starter #22
Wow, thanks for the info sir..

I was thinking to swap an alternator which has vaccum pump in it. (Diesel cars have them).

So how is your project going on sir (NE conversion to MPFI).

I was thinking to swap an alternator which has vaccum pump in it. (Diesel cars have them).

So how is your project going on sir (NE conversion to MPFI).
So, now you know there is no need to swap the alternator. Well my reliable lathe guy had closed his shop and I moved to a new place. I am still in the process of building up a new circle of mechanics and fabricators. So as of now my NE is still stock.

In my opinion the vacuum from the 800 engine should be sufficient to use a brake booster, I wonder if a non return valve was used inline. I also wonder if a catch can is required in an 800. Maybe changing worn piston rings might be better.

Thread Starter #25
Yes a non return valve is used. Its not that its needed or not, I wanted to have one so fixed it. Yes it even does it's job.

Pistons rings are fine.

Top Bottom