Electric car to Gasoline ATV

Thread Starter #1
Hello People.Now the thing in the pic below was my Birthday Gift when i was in 1/2 std.I still remember how it was disassembled to fit into our 800 while getting it home.My granny who loves me more than anyone & anything else had selected this for me.Its a battery operated car.It cant be called as a car as it looks more like a ATV.I have driven this like crazy almost till i could.Later as i grew old it became more of a show piece with dead batteries & loads of dust but i always loved it as it was too special for me & lately i had almost forgot about it.

1.jpg

Today my granny called me & said that the battery car should be give to DC.[lol]I was like shocked & said what ? DC doesn't do these kind of job's.But later considering her age & knowledge i told her not to worry,mera diploma kis din kaam aayega & assured her of getting it back to working condition.

I always wanted to change the batteries to new one's as the old one's were dead long time ago but today after think for some more time i came to a fact that even changing the batteries will just get that car working,i cannot drive it,its tiny motors wont take my 70kgs of weight.So i started thinking about new big motors & a matching battery but again somewhere in my mind i thought a big motor,plastic tiers & battery charging hassles would hardly bring any joy.

So finally came to a conclusion of converting it into a gasoline powered car or you can say a ATV replica.This conversion would make my Birthday Gift more special,it would no more lie in dust & keep my memories fresh.Specially remind me of my granny whom i love the most.Today on the auspicious day of DASSHERA i began my favorite work "Opening up things" as i had mentioned in my introduction.

2-1.jpg
2-2.jpg
2-3.jpg
2.4.jpg
2-5.jpg
2-6.jpg

I have successfully completed opening up all the parts on the car & cleaned them up.As of now i really don't have any idea about the rest processes,how will i go about it & all.I am complete blank.Have to do a bit of research,drawings & work on my budget.

Now the main twist is no one at home know about this.They are just thinking that i am getting that car back to working condition but when they will see it transformed into something like the pic's below,they would be like [shock]

3-1.jpg
3-2.jpg

I Really Liked this one.I know it will be tough & expensive but will be completely worth.

Now the main important thing is that i wont be playing with any of the original car parts because if anything goes wrong i'll just hate myself for spoiling something special.I will make a complete new chassis on which my battery car's body will fit.The fiber body is strong enough,has good width & length for a single driver.But in any case the length looks small there is a way it could be cut in the center & stretched like a lemozin.

Will come up with few chassis drawings & whatever i have on my mind shortly.I want the chassis,suspension setup to be real simple as i am not planning to take it to rough roads and all.I am seriously gonna need your help & suggestions.

Wish me best luck guys.[cheers]

Mod Note:
Neil, please note that the images you added were not visible. It has been added this time but for any queries regarding image uploading, please PM us. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Guys [:)]

Now one pic went missing in the original post and here it is. I am really keen to make it look something like this.
Good Initiative buddy.
But its a really long way ahead.
You'll need a powerful engine,
Start looking for crashed bikes,a 100cc engine is enough(higher will be risky to control).but the paper work will be a bit teadous.I think raj can tell you how to get it done.

You'll have to stiffen the chassis so as to take the additional weight.Suspensions off Pulsars will do the job well.But you'll need a
custom made differential to transfer power to the wheels.

I'll be more than happy to help you through this job
i'll ask my mom if i can travel to pune [:D]

Thread Starter #6
Good Initiative buddy.
But its a really long way ahead.
You'll need a powerful engine,
Start looking for crashed bikes,a 100cc engine is enough(higher will be risky to control).but the paper work will be a bit teadous.I think raj can tell you how to get it done.

You'll have to stiffen the chassis so as to take the additional weight.Suspensions off Pulsars will do the job well.But you'll need a
custom made differential to transfer power to the wheels.

I'll be more than happy to help you through this job
i'll ask my mom if i can travel to pune [:D]
Hey thanks a lot man. I feel so confident with everyone's support.[:)]
Well to be honest the only thing i had decided about this project was the engine.There is a RX100 lying around & i am sure that little monster engine will be more than enough.

Now i don't have any idea of the amount to be arranged.So getting down my ideas onto paper & trying to find a rough value.Will come up with some of my chassis drawings tonight.

A bike's engine on a fibre body will be heavy .

Try getting a sunny zips engine. It must suit you .
Handle bars and others from a 2 wheelers shop.
and for fiber parts get one from a mod shop.

napster

Suspended
100cc wont be enought to drag 4wheels with a 70kg man, so better get atleast a 150cc engine, you can find many bikes in the market which are not being used, and i dont think these atv's should be registered, you dont take it on roads and roam anyways so no paper work required.

Thread Starter #9
ilango[speed thirst];4138 said:
A bike's engine on a fibre body will be heavy .

Try getting a sunny zips engine. It must suit you .
Handle bars and others from a 2 wheelers shop.
and for fiber parts get one from a mod shop.
Sunny zips engine ?[shock] You fine ilango ? Anyways i have clearly mentioned that i will be making a complete new chassis with proper engine mount,suspension,etc & just fit the fiber thing of my battery car over it.So i am sure there wont be any heaviness on the fiber body as you are saying.

100cc wont be enought to drag 4wheels with a 70kg man, so better get atleast a 150cc engine, you can find many bikes in the market which are not being used, and i dont think these atv's should be registered, you dont take it on roads and roam anyways so no paper work required.
Well the RX100's is a 2 stroke Yamaha engine,it pulls like crazy.But the heavy tiers might need more power.Will think about it and i agree with you on the registration part.Thanks.

Can anyone tell me what will be the pro's of getting this thing registered ?[confused]

Thread Starter #13
Few things i have finalized :-

1) The ATV will sport a 100cc 2 stroke yamaha engine (The ATV will be pretty light weight so a 100cc 2 stroke will be more than enough)

2) It will be a Chain driven one with a rear dis-brake & mono shock.

Below is a image to give you a rough idea of the light weight chassis & below it is another image to give you an idea of the chain driven,mono shock rear end.

Your tips,ideas are most welcomed.[cheers]

Top Bottom