Easily Avoidable Mistakes in Car Care

Simple point. Never wipe the car body with a dry cloth. The dust and dirt accumulated on its body will cause swirl marks on the surface. To avoid this, always run down the car's body with water before wiping it with a cloth.

Why have they (the company) given these holes in the floor

There are plug holes at the bottom.You open them and let the water drain.

Then start drying.

Once done, spread some newspapers to absorb water off the matting.
Why have they (the company) given these holes in the floor? is it drain water entering through doors etc.

Thread Starter #18
Not through the doors.The water doesn't come from the doors.There is a door sill(the hard lining) and rubber seals(soft rubber) all around the doors to prevent that from happening.

Its just given in case there is water logging the water should escape and not remain inside.The grommets prevent the water from coming inside.

Last edited:
Its just given in case there is water logging the water should escape and not remain inside.The grommets prevent the water from coming inside.
I bought a packet of those rubber things to block the holes in the floor. The new ones somehow are pretty tough to put in place. Should I try a bit of oiling the edges?

Yes. Unilaterally applicable to all electrical items in a car - AC, lights, stereo, heater, blower,etc.
Here are some more tips for increasing the life of your car battery:

1. Check the fluid of the battery regularly.
2. Keep the battery wires and connectors clean.
3. Use vaseline/petroleum jelly for lubricating battery connectors.
4. Use baking soda to clean any corrosion in battery.

Here are some more tips for increasing the life of your car battery:

1. Check the fluid of the battery regularly.
2. Keep the battery wires and connectors clean.
3. Use vaseline/petroleum jelly for lubricating battery connectors.
4. Use baking soda to clean any corrosion in battery.
Though Vaseline is essentially petroleum jelly, it tends to obstruct the flow of current. I used vaseline on the battery terminal off my Bullet and it refused to start. I wiped off the vaseline and it then started in one kick.

Use pure petroleum jelly instead.

Though Vaseline is essentially petroleum jelly, it tends to obstruct the flow of current. I used vaseline on the battery terminal off my Bullet and it refused to start. I wiped off the vaseline and it then started in one kick.

Use pure petroleum jelly instead.
i am using Grease for ignition coil and battery in my all bullets

Thread Starter #28
You can try Dielectric grease.That is much better.You can look for Henkel or Loctite Dielectric grease, specifically made for electric components.

Adding another one

Clean your floor mats regularly especially in the front, with the dust and mud off off the shoes. Helps the AC vents not pick them up...

Top Bottom