Dzire VDI - 7000 KM and Many Miles to Go...

Thread Starter #16
I am planning to do wheel balancing and Alignment along with 5 tire rotation for my car this weekend as it is crossed 7K now. Can any one please recommend a good and reliable place to do so in Pune.

Let us know which area is convenient or near by you.

Though you can try one out of few which are listed below.

Kothrud/FC Road/ Baner- Darshan Tyres.
Baner Road- Gandharva wheels- few meters away from D-Mart.(Reasonable and Reliable)
Wakdewadi- Atul Tyres
Puad Road- Near Krishna Hospital- Kulkarni Tyres.(Reasonable and Reliable)
Chandani Chowk-Bridgstone dealer,dont remember the name, just opp to Lohia Jain IT park.
Karve Road/Deccan- Lokmanya Tyres
Anand Tyres -Dapodi
Bavdhan- Near by Maruti true value outlet.
[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #18
Let us know which area is convenient or near by you.

Though you can try one out of few which are listed below.

Kothrud/FC Road/ Baner- Darshan Tyres.
Baner Road- Gandharva wheels- few meters away from D-Mart.(Reasonable and Reliable)
Wakdewadi- Atul Tyres
Puad Road- Near Krishna Hospital- Kulkarni Tyres.(Reasonable and Reliable)
Chandani Chowk-Bridgstone dealer,dont remember the name, just opp to Lohia Jain IT park.
Karve Road/Deccan- Lokmanya Tyres
Anand Tyres -Dapodi
Bavdhan- Near by Maruti true value outlet.
[thumbsup]
I stay near KalyaniNagar .. there is a Darshan tyres outlet on the Nagar road near Giga-Space IT park. Will try it out this time.

Thread Starter #19
My Dzire VDI is still running on stock tyres ( MRF ZV2K 165/80/R14 ). If the tyre pressure is kept at the company recommended settings than the ride is bumpy and i can feel each and every pothole from the road. Can any one suggest pressure which can give me a comfortable ride without compromising much on the tyre wear and fuel consumption.

My Dzire VDI is still running on stock tyres ( MRF ZV2K 165/80/R14 ). If the tyre pressure is kept at the company recommended settings than the ride is bumpy and i can feel each and every pothole from the road. Can any one suggest pressure which can give me a comfortable ride without compromising much on the tyre wear and fuel consumption.
The company recommendation is always a range for e.g. 30 t0 35 psi for front and 28- 30 for rear. If you traveling on good roads, with minimum passengers keep the tyre pressure at minimum range. It will help.

Also check the suspension at next service, It can be tweaked.

Thread Starter #21
Today morning when i opened the bonnet of my car to clean the Engine Bay I noticed that a Rat was sitting on the Battery. It ran as soon as the bonnet was opened. I am worried if it chews and eats some wiring and other stuff in the engine bay as i have faced the same problem with my Dad's 800 long back
It would be nice if you guys can provide me a solution to keep rats away from the car.

I am a bit late but congratulations for the car , your pictures are great! Always follow the manufacturer's recommended tyre pressure , you can find them in your manual.

Thread Starter #24
Thanks Cooldhaya !!!

Good news is that a long drive to Goa is lined up next week on the occasion of diwali. We will be starting from Pune on 25th Afternoon. I have to do the wheel balancing and Alignment before the trip. Total expected coverage is around 1200KMS or more. I will update on the mileage and other aspects after the trip.

Thread Starter #25
Hello All,
I was caught up with some work so was not able to update this thread for quite a long time. Here is a update @ 18500 KM. Done with all the free servicing @ 1K, 5K and 10K respectively. Also did a 15K service where front doors as well as the bonnet were aligned as the panel gaps were uneven. This might be the result of the highway drives and the beating the car takes on the roads. Apart from this had some issues with the front door plastic panels slightly vibrating with a Brrrrr Brrrr sound when the music is played at slightly louder volumes. Loud to me is 15 on the stock setup. If you have seen, actually it’s not that loud. This was not fixed as the guy taking care of the audio thingy was off work that day. Big deal. I came up with another solution to this issue. I will update it soon. Total cost for this service was around 2300/-

Everything is great as of now. Had lot of long drives from Pune-Goa and with the gaining miles I have started liking this machine more. It is a bliss to drive this car on the highway. The torque that it has to offer @ 2K RPM is addictive.

Still using mineral oil i.e. Mobil which is changed religiously every 5000KM. Still stock tyres (MRF ZV2K). they still have another 20K life left but I might change these at around 30K mark.
I am getting a constant mileage of 20 – 21 KMPL on highway drives with 100% AC and 15 – 16 KMPL in Pune city traffic.
Comments a welcome

Top Bottom