DYPDC - Designing the Future!

Thread Starter #1
Car designer Dilip Chhabria launches an institute for automotive studies

Leading car designer Dilip Chhabria has launched an institute for automotive studies in collaboration with DY Patil Group.

Known as the ‘DYP-DC Center for Automotive Research and Studies', it aims to be a platform for budding car designers to develop their automotive design skills. Classes will start from August this year.

In addition, it will also offer engineering and management courses to its students. The institute is spread over 100 acres in Lohegaon near Pune. Admissions start this month.

The Imperator is the first vehicle from the DYP-DC Center for Automotive Research and Studies, and has been designed by Chhabria himself. This mid-engine SUV concept, which was exhibited at the recently held Auto Expo in New Delhi, aims to develop a new niche of more stylish SUVs.

Source:Hindu

Attachments

I am not a fan of DC products, but I think this is a good avenue for budding auto enthusiasts!!

350Z

Core Team
That’s a fantastic initiative by DC. The interest in automobiles in our country is increasing with every new sunrise and we seriously need more such certified designing and engineering colleges which could empower young Indian auto-enthusiasts and give them a proper shape, so that we feel proud to see the popular cars like 350Z which are designed by very own Indian car designer. I’m delighted to know that such evolution is happening, though slowly but steadily.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This design school of Dilip Chhabria already exist in Bombay. Haven't heard anything nice about it.Had read its advertisements in paper.After the course they guarantee you a 20,000 per month job & you work with them.

For people who are interested in making career in Automobile design let me know.I have quite a lot of info as i myself was going to get into one of these.

There are 2 automobile Design schools here in Pune which are way more better that the DC's institute.

The course is for 5 yrs after 12th or 3yrs after your diploma/degree.
The fee per year is 5 lakh.(Includes various things like unlimited internet accesses,sports,etc)
You are guaranteed a job with companies like Audi,BMW,Ferrari,etc.
You get to work with giant companies like above for internship.
You have a chance of showcasing your design at International auto shows.
The faculty is all Foreign people (Sir's & Teachers).They again have a wast experience of working with various auto companies.
Etc etc

Wow!!

This a quench for all petrol heads!

But dont you think the fees is on very higher side ?

5lakh per annum is really on the higher side & it will really depress the people with enough talent but from poor background.

Wow!!

This a quench for all petrol heads!

But dont you think the fees is on very higher side ?

5 lakh per annum is really on the higher side & it will really depress the people with enough talent but from poor background.
Bank of Maharashtra offers a lone of max 20 lakh,it consist of everything from books to hostel fees,travel expense,etc.You have to start repayment within one years of time after your course completion.

Its a french University (Globally recognized).
We Get the same certificates.(Which University you choose matters a lot)

Here's the website (Indian) - http://www.dsksic.com/design/des_introduction.html

Here's the website (French) - http://www.supinfocomgroup.com/valenciennes-campus-2.html

This French University Ranks somewhere in the Top 10 design schools of the world & hence better than DC's institute [:)]

Here are some Bike pics Designed by the students from the Pune -

Attachments

Thread Starter #9
Everything seems attractive except for the fees! Don you think it is slightly on the higher side even though you get many facilities!

But these universities should advertise for their courses more so that we get enough designers and soon the scenario of the Indian automobile industry will change! I myself was not aware of the existence of such colleges till now!

Oh!!

I am suprised that Banks are ready to fund in Lakhs!

Thanks Neil for the info.

Now I am thinking, If I can join & quench my thirst :)

Why not zinam.Actually you will be surprised to know,some of the students are almost 25 yrs old.Every year there is a batch of around 15-20 french students who come here & you guys study together for a year or more.

Vacations are pretty long,these people go tripping at various places & guess what the teachers & students party together at pub's & all. Its full too fun with study [:)]

Everything seems attractive except for the fees! Don you think it is slightly on the higher side even though you get many facilities!

But these universities should advertise for their courses more so that we get enough designers and soon the scenario of the Indian automobile industry will change! I myself was not aware of the existence of such colleges till now!

yeah the fees is the bitter part.
It aims mostly foreign students. Loads of courses in india.

guys, i think Renault has its desiging center in mumbai, any details on that?

@Neil, I'm hearing about it for first time, How reliable are these. Can you prove info on (National Institue Of Design) NID, its also in Pune i think.

guys, i think Renault has its desiging center in mumbai, any details on that?

@Neil, I'm hearing about it for first time, How reliable are these. Can you prove info on (National Institue Of Design) NID, its also in Pune i think.
Renault does have a design studio in Mumbai, but that is a satellite design center, and works on design for Renault worldwide.
They are not into any teaching.

And NID is in Ahmedabad!!

oops ya its in Ahmedabad. :stupid:

don we have any car designing centers in India except DC?? someone on orkut told me about a desiging college but it looked to be local one..

Top Bottom