Ducati Brand For Sale? Now, Audi Buys Out.

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Ducati is a name known to all. In simple words, Ducati is to bikers what Ferrari and Lamborghini are to the car enthusiasts. Now this renowned Italian bike major is on sale for one billion pounds and looking for a “world class industrial partner”. However the best part is, in the list of prospective buyers Mahindra is one of the names amongst BMW and Volkswagen. Do you think Mahindra will buy out? What is your opinion about it?

ducati-mahindra.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Ducati Brand To Be Sold Out – Mahindra Bidding?

That would be nice to have another gem added to the Indian companies.

I can see an excellent growth done by Mahindra in the past 3 years as a whole(not just automobiles). They've come out of their old sluggish way of approaching at the market. An aggressive introduction of a range of models in the market, their approach towards finding their own fault and correcting them has made them a favoured brand in India. They've done it amongst stiff competition which is truly commendable.

One of the finest example for any car company, introduction of XUV5OO !! Perfectly understood needs/likes of the customers, excellently priced. Made the competition sweat it out and think !!

Mahindra is taking itself to the next level, Learn Tata Learn !! [frustration]

Cmon Mahindra, way to go...

Sadly, I am feeling Mahindra wont hold a candle in front of BMW & VW, but lets hope for the best.

They are not willing to learn. They are earning more than enough from their power projects & commercial vehicles & guess they are content with that!

Last edited:

Cmon Mahindra, way to go...

Sadly, I am feeling Mahindra wont hold a candle in front of BMW & VW, but lets hope for the best.
Well,I am not with you buddy on this point,if they have dared to bid against them,then they can even take the deal away from them.

They are not willing to learn. They are earning more than enough from their power projects & commercial vehicles & guess they are content with that!
Well,no comments...

^^^ Resources buddy resources... Does Mahindra have enough capital to take on the second largest manufacturer in the world (VW) & one automobile giant (BMW)? Lets see.

That would be nice to have another gem added to the Indian companies.

I can see an excellent growth done by Mahindra in the past 3 years as a whole(not just automobiles). They've come out of their old sluggish way of approaching at the market. An aggressive introduction of a range of models in the market, their approach towards finding their own fault and correcting them has made them a favoured brand in India. They've done it amongst stiff competition which is truly commendable.

One of the finest example for any car company, introduction of XUV5OO !! Perfectly understood needs/likes of the customers, excellently priced. Made the competition sweat it out and think !!

TATA is learnt enough i guess.

of the quarterly results announced the major share was from their Jag/LR sales.

I have heard this news before. Came as a surprise as I thought that Ducati is in ruddy health. Anyways, would love to see Mahindra gobbling up Ducati but one billon GBP is a lot of money for a company like Mahindra. But one never knows...

By the way, how does Mahindra Monster sound :biggrin: ?

I am scared that Mahindra will buy the Ducati & then give it a facelift for the "family look" & then nobody will buy a Ducati ever again...!

Hi
In the case of JLR (jaguar and land rover) Tata is investing a lot for Research and development as Volvo withdraw their support once Tata acquired it. I dont think there must be prominent changes in Management after they acquired it . But i think it helps Tata in acquiring new technology know how.Thanks it helps us(indians) to work on design of world class cars

wow this is amazing news!! [clap] way to go mahindra! well dont underestimate them guys if they purchase ducati india will get on international map on biking scene also!

That would be really great,but do u think Mahindra will stand before Germans and can it maintain ducati's standards

Ducati are selling their brand!Very bad.Is it effect of Honda wiping them in last MOTO GP? And who are bidding.

1st -- BMW--- Well they have their own bike division and perhaps it would be good for them if they acquire duucati in terms of strengthening their own bike brand.

2nd-- VW--- Volkswagem means " car for masses" , not sure why they want to come in biking industry- strange, but tells you the value of ducati!

3rd- mahindra-- they have huge ambition in 2 wheeler industry, and if they do acquire it then we all can proudly say, "Mahindra-Rise" nay -- India Rise !!

Ducati are selling their brand!Very bad.Is it effect of Honda wiping them in last MOTO GP? And who are bidding.
Ducati is now owned by a finance company.

They want to sell it to make profit out of their investment and they are looking for a price which is 3 times of their investment.

Further they think that Ducati brand need the back up of a world class industrial company for future growth.

Since its not a distress sales and they are looking for a technically strong company, Mahindra need to push real hard for a breakthrough.

But it seems their hands are full with Saab bidding.

well said autosafari , they not need a investor but also technologically developed where the M&M lack a lot behind the others IMO.

Top Bottom