Dropping in To Say Hello!

Thread Starter #1
Hello folks,

I'm late to the party but here I am finally. I bought an old Duke 390 recently and was going about fixing it when I saw the goldmine that is @deville_56 's ownership thread. I registered to drop in a word of thanks to him and I might as well contribute here!

My other bikes are a big bore apache and a big bore RX135. I also have a pink ambassador!

Cheers,
J.Hoe

350Z

Core Team
I'm late to the party but here I am finally. I bought an old Duke 390 recently and was going about fixing it when I saw the goldmine that is @deville_56 's ownership thread.
Hi @JingalalaHoe (BTW interesting username). Welcome aboard! It’s better late than never. You've rightly stated, @deville_56's threads are indeed a goldmine for us enthusiasts. Kudos to him.

My other bikes are a big bore apache and a big bore RX135. I also have a pink ambassador!
I'm curious about that pink Ambassador. Do tell us more about it. We look forward to your active participation. Feel free to reach out to us if you need a hand around.

Drive Safe,
350Z

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Hello folks,

I'm late to the party but here I am finally. I bought an old Duke 390 recently I also have a pink ambassador!
J.Hoe
Welcome onboard. Glad to know you have a liking for shiny things ( Me too, esp. tools) like nuts and bolts.
I really liked how you maintained your car's engine bay, all nice and shiny and everything polished. That's the way how it should be, actually. Rust free, dust free, grime and oil free, and of course shiny !

Thread Starter #7
That massive disc plate steals the show.
Yes, its the 320mm disc from a gen2 duke 390, paired with a Yamaha R1 caliper and EBC HH pads. Its ironic my RX has better front brakes than the duke. Well, my apache has the same caliper+pads and 270mm rotor from an RTR. That makes the duke the weakest brakes of them all

Here's a picture of both of them before the RX got a serious front end+chassis+engine upgrades

Last edited:

deville_56

Honoured Member
Yes, its the 320mm disc from a gen2 duke 390, paired with a Yamaha R1 caliper and EBC HH pads. Its ironic my RX has better front brakes than the duke. Well, my apache has the same caliper+pads and 270mm rotor from an RTR. That makes the duke the weakest brakes of them all

Here's a picture of both of them before the RX got a serious front end+chassis+engine upgrades

Mamma Mia! [shock]

Top Bottom