Driving with Learners Driving License

query regarding Driving Licience

Actually I am from Mumbai and have applied for a Learners Licence , due to a long waiting time i have my test Scheduled for November 16 after which i will get a learners licence, i was deciding to by a bike in one or two days after getting the learners licence as it will help me save time to go to work when i will start my driving class to learn how to drive a car.So is it possible for me to drive to work with my learners licence or are there some rules which prevent me from driving a bike since i have learners licence and the other question is once i pass the final driving test will i be provide with a receipt or something that i have passed the test as the driving licence would take time to come .

denoxx,

Driving or Riding with Learner Licence Legal as long a person who hold a permanent Driving Licnece sit behind (2 Wheeler) or beside (4 Wheeler) you.

Else you got into trouble if a Cop demand for your papers & they book you a CASE / Challan that says - 'Driving without a valid licence' & it is obvious the fine is hefty comparing normal case.

Last edited:
Re: query regarding Driving Licience

and the other question is once i pass the final driving test will i be provide with a receipt or something that i have passed the test as the driving licence would take time to come .
Yes a receipt for fee received on account of permanent license is issued. In my case the number of permanent license was also given on the back of the receipt in hand written form. The RTO office told me that I can drive with it but I did not take the risk. Now a days Driving License is issued in less time than earlier.[:D]

Is it compulsory for a person with a permanent license to sit with a minor who has a learner's license? Will the police catch such a minor?

I am talking about learner's license which is given at 16 years for a gearless scooter.
If you are riding on scooter with Learner License then "Yes", there should be permanent scooter license holder sitting behind you. Also your scooter should showcase "L" in front as well as back.

Do wear helmet, follow traffic rules and ride safe. Wish you the best !!

What can be the penalty if I am caught driving with a learner's licence and no licence holder accompanying me (in Delhi)? To be clear I don't intend to drive illegally or anything. I just need to know this in case I need to go out for some urgent work and no driver is there to accompany me. Thank you.

What can be the penalty if I am caught driving with a learner's licence and no licence holder accompanying me (in Delhi)? To be clear I don't intend to drive illegally or anything. I just need to know this in case I need to go out for some urgent work and no driver is there to accompany me. Thank you.
As far as I know this is equivalent to driving without license.If no untoward things happen there is no problem and nobody will ask for it. But in case of accident penal action will follow and no insurance claim can be made. So it advisable not to drive independently without permanent license.[glasses]

Top Bottom