Driving on Hills - Do's and Don'ts!!

A very common way of thanking for helping with the overtakes. Almost all big vehicles will acknowledge our small honks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ADhOin7Inc&feature=youtu.be
Big vehicles won't pose great danger in hills. It's because some idiotic car drivers who think they are hero in front of their girlfriends or just to impress them does all blunders and posing as a danger to oncoming vehicles as well as to the bigger vehicles who's a primary victim for braking and stuff.

Once When I was driving uphill from Mudumalai to Ooty in Kalahatti route, a Sunny guy who has sun shades all over his car including driver side downhill coming directly towards me and honking, gawd I just feel to have a monster truck and running over him crushing his head!

That's a rule to give way for uphill vehicles (wrt Ooty-Kalahatti roads) and thanks to the internet for all these junkies taking out their cars and coming out like they know everything in this world.

Bigger vehicles also sometimes signal you to overtake them on hilly ascents as they know that you can zoom fast ahead of them and waiting for it behind them for quite sometime.

Now a days with these upcoming self drive agencies more idiots who don't have ghat experience ruin the fun of driving in ghats. They dangerously overtake bigger vehicles in zig-zag manner, while few of them manage to overtake by completely utilizing other lane which makes other side traffic to go nuts.

Once When I was driving uphill from Mudumalai to Ooty in Kalahatti route, a Sunny guy who has sun shades all over his car including driver side downhill coming directly towards me and honking, gawd I just feel to have a monster truck and running over him crushing his head!
I always dreamed having super high power flood lights to blind high beam idiots.. [frustration]

That's a rule to give way for uphill vehicles (wrt Ooty-Kalahatti roads)
Like this [:)]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zM9pDo89GQ&feature=youtu.be

Bigger vehicles also sometimes signal you to overtake them on hilly ascents as they know that you can zoom fast ahead of them
This bus driver was also kind enough to wave his hands asking me to go ahead. Probably wasn't visible when viewed within forum window.

Great thread and adding to spares is zip ties as when we went last time the bull guard of our Bolero had lost one nut while going uphill not the ones which are attached to body but those rod which are attached on bull guard or may be welded, to tie it to prevent further breaking we tied it with a duster and zip ties i think should be kept in car always and it could be used if situation demands like broken bumper or something else i guess.

Hey Guys !
I Drive A Toyota Glanza 2021 1.2L, Driving For the Past 1.5 Years I haven't Had Issues Driving on Uphill. When Starting My Car On Uphill, I'll Just Bring My Clutch To The Bite Point and The Car Won't Roll Back For Few Seconds Even Without engaging the Brakes and I'll Accelerate my Way Up.

Recently I Had To Stop on a Very Very Steep Uphill, It's like a Gateway To Heaven. When I tried the Bite point method the Car Started to roll Back and It Surprised Me, But I Managed to Tackle this by Quickly Taking My Feet of the brake and Accelerate Quickly, Still it Rolled back a tiny Bit.

But Due To My Driving OCD of Not Causing Any Errors, I am disturbed by this.

So Guys,My questions are
1. Does the Bite Doesn't Work On Very Steep Hills ?
2. How Can i Start From a Very Steep Uphill Stop Without Using Handbrake in situations like This .

Looking forward to Everyone's Reply

Top Bottom