Driving in Some 'Civic' Sense - A Buying and Ownership Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #166
IR my friend has a question for you,should he go for silver Civic which has done 37K change, 2008 Model amazingly maintained (as good as your car) but i will be the 3rd owner

Or any other car 40-50K, 2006 Done Metallic Blue where i will be 2nd owner neatly maintained.
The number of previous owners only sow a seed a doubt in our heads as to how they must have treated the car - my contention would be to simply and purely go by the state of car - do a comprehensive check, a 37K run Honda civic is as good as a car which has just run in its engine!

Civic Engines have really high life if maintained well so 37k or 50k is hardly any difference - importantly check for engine mounts and general checkup of the car as one would do in case of a 2nd car.

2) Does taking the car to HONDA Sevice station for checkup help you in any ways before buying a 2ndhand car as my friend is a rookie in this.

Would wait for your valuable inputs.
If he is a novice it would help taking an expert with him either a trusted garage guy or a Honda service center - if you happen to be at the service center ask for the full service history of the car.

Last edited:
IR how is Hella dynaedge's performance and what size should i buy for civic and also any idea about it's apprx price ??

Thread Starter #168
IR how is Hella dynaedge's performance and what size should i buy for civic and also any idea about it's apprx price ??
I just put the dynaedge 2 weeks back, performance is fantastic cant ask for more, please note honda civic wipers(mine 2006) both sides are the same size - i put a 24 inch one (which was the one available) - this is slightly smaller than the stock one i had - but for all practical purposes works great ! It cost some 900INR or so if i remember correctly.

Thanks for the info IR, have asked my friend to be a member of our forum, so expect another pre-worshiped ownership report of Civic, your thread gave him a lot of confidence to buy an Honda Civic. And a big thanks to SS80 for giving us some valuable inputs on how to evaluate the used car.

Thread Starter #170
I haven't updated this thread for a while - but with mixed emotions I have accepted a token on the civic and will be parting with it very shortly(will not share the amount for now). Its one of the best petrol cars I have owned and I will surely miss it.

Thread Starter #172
oh man, this is very surprising news... anyways the new owner has got himself a gem of a car. so what next IR sir?
Thats exactly why i said its mixed emotions, I will most probably be parting with it this weekend - it also means time for something to replace it [:D] - I am going through the usual confusion pangs.

Thread Starter #173
So this weekend I parted with the civic after using it for over 3 years now, [cry] - Hope the new owner takes good care.

Final picture before she departed

20131019_112139.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom