Driving in Heavy Rain - Use Sunglass?

Its true even I heard it somewhere that wearing good quality branded sunglasses will make the visibility more clear during rain.. but when I tried, it was posing as a dampner in visibility.

I believe its more useful in other countries where adequate lighting is available or on two wheelers :P :) [glasses]

Just now tried driving,wearing the sunglasses(ray ban light brown shade)and believe me,don't do this anyone.The visibility was very much hampered and i felt extremely uncomfortable.

First of all, I want to clear you guys about polarized glass. Polarized glass helps to reduce the glare of sunlight. So while driving in a day time, and if there are so much of glare, it cuts down all the glares and the visibility will be increased.

Have you guys ever bought a polarized glass? If I not I'll teach you a trick. All original polarized vendor will have a image(some sticker sort of thing) which usually filled with glare. See it with your eyes anmd wear the polarizing glass and view it again, you will see many objects which you don't see through normal eyes with glares.

I have a polarize (Oakley [;)] ) and I use it during day time, it is very helpful and reduce the strain of your eyes driving under glare.

About polarized glass helping in rains, I need to test this.

Initially it sounds like using umbrella inside the car

but after you say polarized sun glass its diffrent from normal sunglass
all top branded sunglasses are not polarized and top brand manufactures do have polarized glass

we have many variants of polarized sunglass and all are not for this purpose

please check with the fiat fourm person on what type of polarized glass is it

just for knowledge refer: Sunglasses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have been using a polarized glass for sometime, don't remember the brand. However the visibility for me isn't really bad when driving in rain or in cloudy conditions, it only reduces the intensity of light. Sunglasses are very different from Polarized glass, I would anytime prefer using a polarized glasses than sun glasses.

Top Bottom