Driving Bike After Long Time: Need Help

Thread Starter #1
I got my driving licence a few years back and I have both two wheeler and four wheeler. But I lost touch with motorbikes as I only had easy access to gearless scooters and cars. Recently my cousin gave me his motorbike and I need to drive it back to my home which is around 8-9 hours away. My question is that, would I be able to regain my understanding to drive motorbikes in a few hours. Because I would only have like a day or two before driving it back home. But I have really good balance on scooters, just mentioning that I'm not a complete beginner.
Please give me your opinions regarding this.
Should I try driving it for the trip back home ? It's more like I don't have any other options.

Try driving through dense traffic (real peek hours) for 30 - 45 minutes then after gaining some confidence go for it you will enjoy the drive. This will help you a lot. Even i have gone through similar situation, when you try to drive in dense traffic you will know how the motorbike behaves.

I got my driving licence a few years back and I have both two wheeler and four wheeler. But I lost touch with motorbikes as I only had easy access to gearless scooters and cars. Recently my cousin gave me his motorbike and I need to drive it back to my home which is around 8-9 hours away. My question is that, would I be able to regain my understanding to drive motorbikes in a few hours. Because I would only have like a day or two before driving it back home. But I have really good balance on scooters, just mentioning that I'm not a complete beginner.
Please give me your opinions regarding this.
Should I try driving it for the trip back home ? It's more like I don't have any other options.
If you used scooter than its very easy for you to ride bike. It has bigger wheels which in turn give you more control and balance. The only problem will be contant change of gears.

Top Bottom