Driver License Renewal For My Dad

Thread Starter #1
As the title suggests i am looking to understand whats the current process for renewal of drivers license in India (Post Covid times).

State: MH (Although we stay in UP now, my dad wants to keep the MH license since he frequently travels to our other home in Nagpur)
Expiry: Nov 2022
60+
I did look up the Parivaahan webpage and after entering the details (license number DOB etc) and it looks like once i submit those details, the request goes to the RTO officer. My question is 2 fold:
  1. Can all the steps be completed Online?
  2. Does he need to go to the RTO facility in person?
  3. Can anyone who recently completed this process have to go through medical tests etc (since he is 60+)?
I am based out of US so trying to see if i can do all the steps for him online and he can get his license in postal mail. My biggest concern is he using the old school agents (ones he uses are not the most efficient) and always do it in a way that the process becomes over complicated. Additionally, the sooner i can get this done, the sooner he will be able to visit me here :)

Thank you all in advance!

deville_56

Honoured Member
Licence can be renewed online in Sarathi website via Adhaar authentication provided Adhaar details match the DL details. My BIL did renew online recently. Form 1A can be downloaded from Sarathi website.and needs to be filled by a registered physician. A registered MBBS ophthalmologist can do the medical fitness as well. Obtain the documents, pay the fees and scan and upload and done. If not choosing the Aadhaar method, steps are the same, but need to submit original licence at the RTO in person or registered post. Only issue will arise if the licence details are not available in Vahan. In that case, have to visit RTO in person. Someone here faced issue with cross-state licence renewal because of that. MH licence will be issued only if there is still a permanent MH address and will be sent to that address only. No issue using UP licence in MH and vice versa since it is issued under Indian Union.

Screenshot 2022-07-22 222125.png

Thread Starter #3
Thanks
Licence can be renewed online in Sarathi website via Adhaar authentication provided Adhaar details match the DL details. My BIL did renew online recently. Form 1A can be downloaded from Sarathi website.and needs to be filled by a registered physician. A registered MBBS ophthalmologist can do the medical fitness as well. Obtain the documents, pay the fees and scan and upload and done. If not choosing the Aadhaar method, steps are the same, but need to submit original licence at the RTO in person or registered post. Only issue will arise if the licence details are not available in Vahan. In that case, have to visit RTO in person. Someone here faced issue with cross-state licence renewal because of that. MH licence will be issued only if there is still a permanent MH address and will be sent to that address only. No issue using UP licence in MH and vice versa since it is issued under Indian Union.

View attachment 300567
Thanks! I am assuming this holds true to people aged 60+?

He is going to use the Adhaar card option which has the MH address on it. I just looked his license up and it does show on the website (along with his photo/signature).

deville_56

Honoured Member
Thanks

Thanks! I am assuming this holds true to people aged 60+?

He is going to use the Adhaar card option which has the MH address on it. I just looked his license up and it does show on the website (along with his photo/signature).
Same. Renewal interval for 60+ reduced to every 5 years, If i remember right.

Top Bottom