Dream Yuga – Honda’s First Mass Motorcycle in India

@Visran

Yeah Discover is a good bike in terms of mileage and performance, but can you please answer this question for me. One of my brother in law use this bike and I also rode it for a week.

When we stand on the road and watch the discover bikes going on the road, most of them will pass you making a noise in the chain compartment. tuk tuk sound !! why it is so ?? and also I found they make sound when you shift the gear

@Visran

Yeah Discover is a good bike in terms of mileage and performance, but can you please answer this question for me. One of my brother in law use this bike and I also rode it for a week.

When we stand on the road and watch the discover bikes going on the road, most of them will pass you making a noise in the chain compartment. tuk tuk sound !! why it is so ?? and also I found they make sound when you shift the gear
I guess you are pointing toward's the older Disco's as it had flawed Chain cover the newer one's are as quiet as it's competitor's.

Old is the first gen model which soldiered on for few year's before it got discontinued,and new is the one which got relaunched with new body graphic's and DTSI engine.

OK, Visran clarified. I will go and check 100cc, 125ST too.
I will also check that Yamaha ss125 and Dream Yuga too.

My prime requirement is suspension of the bike, So think in this angle and suggest me if you have something in thoughts.

OK, Visran clarified. I will go and check 100cc, 125ST too.
I will also check that Yamaha ss125 and Dream Yuga too.

My prime requirement is suspension of the bike, So think in this angle and suggest me if you have something in thoughts.
If suspension is your main criteria then i would suggest you to go for Discover 125ST as it has the monoshock suspension which is the first for it's segment.

@Visran

Just start and go. It is excellent so far and I am really happy with the drive !!

It is really peppy in corners and in bad roads, the shocks are really good and bike under full control

Only the thing is handle bar seems to be little low for my height, I will check to adjust this during my first service.

Did u sold your old bike(Slingshot)? How much you got? How much Km you ride that bike?

Last edited:
Did u sold your old bike(Slingshot)? How much you got? How much Km you ride that bike?
Yeah I already sold it for Rs.35000/-( looks less within 1-1/2 years)[frustration]

It just completed 9000km and looks brand new with my kind of maintenance[:)]
but what to do I had to say bye bye with some pain in the heart to relieved from the pain on my pocket(for less mileage) and on my waist(for rear suspension)

Visran

This looks to be a great news to me[clap], but a practical news is here

In my street, there are some 50 new Shines are bought and 2 Dream Yugas, so sales increase I hope not just of DY but because of New Shine very much.

Yes but now doubt soon, this DY sales will go up because I have slowly started seeing them on the roads, but two things bother me

1. Low end torque is not so good(may be I just finished 600km and it needs more km to clock to fix this)
2. On a very slow movement of bike, I feel like some carburetor is stopping it always I rise the accelerator gently, some thing like you know old Bajaj scooter used have this problem when carburetor is filled with some dust, I need to wait till 2nd service and report this.

Apart from this the bike is really fun to drive and has good pick up, and really outclass splendor in design. Every body who ever looks at my bike say that it is designed so simple and very neat and effective !!

2. On a very slow movement of bike, I feel like some carburetor is stopping it always I rise the accelerator gently, some thing like you know old Bajaj scooter used have this problem when carburetor is filled with some dust, I need to wait till 2nd service and report this.
This shouldn't be a major problem get your Air filters checked, good to know that you are enjoying your ride.

Top Bottom