Dr.Artex Nano Sound Dampening Sheets - Quick Review

Thread Starter #1
Dr.Artex Nano Sound Dampening Sheets - Quick Review

I got this product last year and now I got time to review it here. Three years ago my friend had bought CTK brand sound dampening sheets and we installed it in his Maurti Baleno. It drastically reduced the NVH levels and he was very satisfied. Later I bought it too for my car but Dr.Artex brand from Amazon and it cost me 7k for 10 sheets. It is also a reputed brand followed by CTK, STP and etc. Thickness as per specs is 2mm and butyl quality is good as CTK but aluminum layer is little soft so it blends easily on curved surface or bumps; CTK's aluminum is hard and we need to put more energy on roller tool. Though I'm not sure which is better in terms of performance. Anyway, along with damping sheets I also bought Bapna brand closed cell foam roll (Rs.800/-) for applying on plastic door panel but I guess it was useless because foam sheet will be light weight.

Next thing comes installation part which was way tougher then my friend's car because his was new car and mine is 13 years old so there was loads of dirt and several rust spots. I was only able to do one door a day and even skipped in-between due to hand pain. Work done each day was pulling out the door panel, removing factory plastic sheet, removing its butyl tape mess, cleaning the door, repairing rust spots and finally applying the damping sheet inside the door then filling the holes outside. I have also applied the sheet inside rear fenders and little bit to the trunk holes. Used 8 full sheets out of 10.

I will not go in detail about damping sheets and installation because our fellow member Stingray91 has made a in-depth guide here and if you want to know about Car Audio then do check Dr.Mudhan's in-depth guide here.

After the installation, just like what happened to my friend's car, the doors became solid, cabin noise reduced and music quality improved even though I use OEM speakers but I started hearing noise from suspensions and ball joints. Later found that door weather strips were worn so once I replaced them, outside noise was also reduced. As of suspensions, I have visited ASC last week and placed order for new struts with partial payment and the parts will arrive this week or next.

Link to Dr.Artex Nano Sound Dampening Sheets: Here (Seller AudioKoncepts)
Link to Bapna Nitrile Foam Roll: Here (Seller Bapna Enterprises)

Product Pictures:
DrArtex_&_Bapna_Sheets_01.jpg DrArtex_Damping_Sheets_02.jpg DrArtex_Damping_Sheets_03.jpg DrArtex_Damping_Sheets_04.jpg
DrArtex_Damping_Sheets_Manual.jpg

Last edited:

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ CRACING

Excellent.

I was waiting for this product review from your side ever since you indicated about Dr ARTEX Damping Sheet that you proposed do it for your Honda City.

I could not wait for more time and bought Dr ARTEX IRIDIUM version few months before and did it myself for my new IGNIS.

Inspired by both of your articles on CTK and Dr ARTEX NANO, I have also shared my observations in detail in my car thread.HERE

Hope, you like it.:smile:

With warm Regards

Dr MUDHAN.

Thread Starter #7
Hello Sir, Thank you

I was waiting for this product review from your side ever since you indicated about Dr ARTEX Damping Sheet that you proposed do it for your Honda City.

I could not wait for more time and bought Dr ARTEX IRIDIUM version few months before and did it myself for my new IGNIS.
My apologies for the delay in submission and honestly I didn't know you were looking forward to it. My bad! However, I took more time to decide because first it is not a cheap stuff, second installation is laborious and third whether it is worth on 3rd Gen Honda City which has better sheet metal then later models.

One day (23 Nov 2021) I found Dr.Artex brand damping sheet on Amazon, did some discussion with seller (Audio koncepts) and he said Dr.Artex is better then CTK (Though I didn't find any major difference except Aluminum hardness). He said STP is also good but it is pack of 15 sheets and mostly SUV owners buy it. I wanted Iridium variant as suggested in international forums but it was not available or more expensive, cannot remember so went with Nano variant.

Later after the installation, I started hearing outside noise which was caused by worn rubber door strips so I ordered them on boodmo but they didn't send all at once and one of them took almost two months! They frequently asked me if I wish to cancel the order but I waited patiently as I know stock will be limited for old cars. After dealing with rubber seals, it was time for fixing suspension but as you know, I got busy with construction and couldn't visit ASC until last week. Once I will get the suspension parts replaced, I will make a detailed post about it.

So this is how it got delayed and here I am. :tongue:

Inspired by both of your articles on CTK and Dr ARTEX NANO, I have also shared my observations in detail in my car thread.HERE

Hope, you like it.:smile:
Actually when I saw your post today regarding Dr. Artex brand sheets, It felt like I made a right decision. Also I'm glad you got upper variant (Iridium Medium) for best price. Mine (Nano) isn't even listed on official site!

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Bottom