Door Step Car Service Recommendation

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

Can you please share your recent experiences with Door step car services in Bangalore. I contacted a few of them, at this moment has no clear picture on how the service quality is. I have contacted a few like: Carista, GoBumpr, GoMechanic and GetPitstop. I'd like to go with only labor from them with most fluids and filters acquired by me. The important thing is mechanics not trying trial and error as they figure out where/ how to while servicing.

Well i have not used any of these app based service provider. Still stuck with Tata motors service.
This is how it worked atleast in my case:
1. the booking team calls me to fix an appointment for the service based on thier records
2. the Drivers calls up and picks the car
3. Post the formalities, documentation, the driver then drives the car to the garage
4. Service advisor, then communicates with service updates. In my case the communication was prompt and tijmely updates were provided. the expectations of delivery were also set at the very beginning.
5. Driver then drops the car.
6. I do the payment.

Its pretty straight forward.

Well, this is how i have experienced in Hyderabad, and now in Chennai. yet to experience in Bangalore or else where.

Thread Starter #3
Well i have not used any of these app based service provider. Still stuck with Tata motors service.
This is how it worked atleast in my case:

Its pretty straight forward.

Well, this is how i have experienced in Hyderabad, and now in Chennai. yet to experience in Bangalore or else where.
Thanks for the inputs. For this time I need to go with a non ASC as plan has been made for that. Any experiences with third-party providers, the ones mentioned above, will be helpful.

Thread Starter #4
Continuing to look for recommendation and/ or experiences with GetPitStop, GoBumpr, GoMechanic, Carista, etc..Any one with recent experiences with them, please respond. Extension of lockdown in Bangalore has pushed things out, I get more time to explore and decide. Thanks in advance.

Thread Starter #5
Finally got it done from a neighborhood garage. I am happy with the service done. I supplied all the parts and consumables: Mol Dynamic 5W30, Coolant VW G12Evo, VW DOT 4 Brake oil, VW Fuel filter, PUROLATOR oil filter, VW Cabin filter. The only non-oem part used is oil filter. Work done includes: oil change, replace < 1 liter coolant, bleed and replace ~700 ml brake fluid, brake pads clean and refit, caliper pin greasing, interior and exterieor wash, disinfecting/ fumigation. Overall labor and some consumables like grease ~ 2K. I myself replaced Cabin/ AC filter. overall cost ~ 12K.

Braking feels better, engine clatter better than before. There was some hesitation after gear change, subdued after the oil change. This could also be because I release the clutch and accelerator completely during a gear shift. This is the major service done after purchasing the car, hence will be very observant in my upcoming 1000 KMs round-trip to native.

Thread Starter #6
A query, I have not got the wiper blades replaced as present ones seem fine. What is the shelf life of wiper blades. I see the ones purchased were manufactured in 2019.

Thread Starter #8
Clarifying, I purchased a new set of wipers for replacement, but have not done it as the current set seem fine. How long can I keep the purchased wipers, they are made in 2019.

Shelf life of wipers are highly dependant of the storage temperature and exposure to direct sunlight. The rubber becomes brittle when store in hot conditions. Since your current wipers are fine, store the spare wiper in a good place till you are in need for replacement. 2 year old wiper might have degraded, however it would be better than you currently used (assuming to be 2 years in service) one as it was exposed to elements.

Top Bottom