Door Scuff Plates for Honda Jazz

Re: Illuminated Door Scuff Plates for Honda Jazz

Guys,
A couple of daytime pics of the Illuminated side step garnish...

Cheers

Jazzy
Hei Jazzy I am also planning to put one for mine. Have few doubts.

How the wiring is done? does we need to cut the wiring/ remove insulation from doom light? or is it coming with connector so that we can plug and play.?

Is it affecting the dimming feature that we have in the doom lights when we close all doors?

how did you manage to get the wire through the door side beading? did you make any holes through that? any precautions there?

have you purchased it from ebay? did you fix it by yourself?

can you help me selecting from the following?

Thread Starter #18

Hei Jazzy I am also planning to put one for mine. Have few doubts.

How the wiring is done? does we need to cut the wiring/ remove insulation from doom light? or is it coming with connector so that we can plug and play.?

Is it affecting the dimming feature that we have in the doom lights when we close all doors?

how did you manage to get the wire through the door side beading? did you make any holes through that? any precautions there?

have you purchased it from ebay? did you fix it by yourself?

can you help me selecting from the following?
Okay firstly, I feel the 1st/2nd scuff plates are better due to the side lines beside the word city. They will look excellent at night.
Now, I got it done from an accessory shop in kolkata. They charged me 1800 in all. It took around an hour to get it installed. The connection is made to the door. Whenever you open the door it lights up, even during daytime. No cutting of wires were required. From what I understood its more like a plug n play technique. The door beading was removed & they slid the wires through it & pasted the scuff plates. They assured me that water won't cause any problem while washing the car or in monsoons. Time will tell....
The dimming feature of the cabin light is still working fine as it used to so i suppose its not connected from it. They had asked me if I wanted to make the connection to the side lights, so that it would glow only at night. But i opted for the door connection. Hope it solves your queries. If required I could give you the no of the guy who did it, you could speak to him & get a detailed idea...

Cheers
Jazzy

Okay firstly, I feel the 1st/2nd scuff plates are better due to the side lines beside the word city. They will look excellent at night.
Now, I got it done from an accessory shop in kolkata. They charged me 1800 in all. It took around an hour to get it installed. The connection is made to the door. Whenever you open the door it lights up, even during daytime. No cutting of wires were required. From what I understood its more like a plug n play technique. The door beading was removed & they slid the wires through it & pasted the scuff plates. They assured me that water won't cause any problem while washing the car or in monsoons. Time will tell....
The dimming feature of the cabin light is still working fine as it used to so i suppose its not connected from it. They had asked me if I wanted to make the connection to the side lights, so that it would glow only at night. But i opted for the door connection. Hope it solves your queries. If required I could give you the no of the guy who did it, you could speak to him & get a detailed idea...

Cheers
Jazzy
jazzy sorry for more doubts.
One thing I did not understand is you are saying that the connection is made to the door. (how is it done? are you there when the installation happened?)
Is it connected to the doom light or is it connected to fuse box? how with out splicing the wire? have you seen any ready to plug connector in your jazz?

Because I had seen a video in which they are connecting it to fuse box
Accord 2008-2010 illuminated Scuff Plates .wmv - YouTube

Thread Starter #21
Hi Gdave,
Yes I was there when it was done. I don't undrstand the intricacies of this electrical wiring. All that I told them was that they shouldn't fiddle with the main wiring of the car, which they assured me wouldn't happen. I know these guys well so I trust them. They were initially not getting connection of left front door so they had to take an extra wire & take the connection from the driver side door.The wire is attached to the spot where the door closes. There is a spot on each door if you check on your car too, where there is a soft rubber circular padding. This is where the door actually closes. The wire is attached under it. So as soon as pressure from this soft padding is released by opening the door, the light comes on. Hope Iv been able to give a fair idea from whatever little I understand :)

Cheers
Jazzy

can you put some pictures of the wiring with mats off?
I wanted to make sure that nothing goes wrong if I will be able to do that by myself. Because here in Kerala these things are not available.
I have to purchase it from ebay.

Thread Starter #23
can you put some pictures of the wiring with mats off?
I wanted to make sure that nothing goes wrong if I will be able to do that by myself. Because here in Kerala these things are not available.
I have to purchase it from ebay.
Ok boss, will get it done by tomorrow

Cheers

Jazzy

Hei jazz one more info.
Today I went to accessory showroom and asked about this scuff plate.
He told normally they will do it as you said. That is one wire will be taken directly from battery and the earth will be given to door switch. this type connection they will not given to driver door side switch since it has got all the controls like central locking, etc. etc.
So some times charge will be coming through that also which can cause damage to ECM. Can you confirm it with your accessory man?

and check whether both the wires are connected to door switch. or is there any connection to battery?

Thread Starter #26
hey amazing scuff plates man!!
After seeing your jazz i want to forget about buying a sedan and buy a jazz :P
Ravib,
Thanks a ton for your compliment. You made my day BUDDY!!![:D]
I feel more happier if someone compliments my car rather than complimenting me...thats how much I love my car!

Cheers
Jazzy

Thread Starter #27
Hei jazz one more info.
Today I went to accessory showroom and asked about this scuff plate.
He told normally they will do it as you said. That is one wire will be taken directly from battery and the earth will be given to door switch. this type connection they will not given to driver door side switch since it has got all the controls like central locking, etc. etc.
So some times charge will be coming through that also which can cause damage to ECM. Can you confirm it with your accessory man?

and check whether both the wires are connected to door switch. or is there any connection to battery?
Hi GDave,
Buddy please speak to my accessory guy jacky @ 09831333314...he will give you all details...theres no connection to battery that Im 100% sure
Cheers
Jazzy

No buddy.

Still I did not get time. Still thinking of fixing it. Confused.
After fixing those DRL I am not feeling that much confidence in fitting after market items.

Top Bottom