Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Yes,It is 5+ year old

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • NO,I am lucky :)

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well guys I request you people no to jump on me for this statement of mine:-
No car has rattles,its the driver who make it rattle,a bad driver can make even a Rolls Royce rattle in some days but a good driver can drive a Maruti for a lac kms without rattles.
+1. And after reading this, in came tag line of private FM channel -

Bajate Raho [lol]

BTW, there are some who will close the door of VW Passat as if they are closing the door of State transport bus [anger]. Infact, there have been cases where I said, "Aaahh" & the person who closed the door felt like..huh [confused]

IMO if you really want to check any rattles; empty the glove box; the rear parcel tray, the bottle holders; the grooves on the doors etc and then check. There will be the least or no rattles..[roll]

My poor little Ritz is barely 2 yrs/39000 Kms old and my boot door rattles. I still am not able to gauge from where the noise is coming, I think the culprit might be the lock or the doors alignment.
Then the other problem is my seats have also started squeaking.
That's bad, will try to get it sorted out during servicing, Lets see weather MASS has got an answer to it !!! And if anyone of my dear fellow TAIn's have got an answer, then please help me out of this misery.

Rattlings are inborn in Maruti cars.According to me thare is no need to worry about those. I use to hear different kinds of melodies(rattles) from my swift's door panels to parcel shelf. The less you abuse your car the less would be the rattles and the less you travel through rough roads the less the number of rattles would be. This is the advice that I got from MASS people.
My practice is to have my music player turned on always at a lower volume.

My poor little Ritz is barely 2 yrs/39000 Kms old and my boot door rattles. I still am not able to gauge from where the noise is coming, I think the culprit might be the lock or the doors alignment.
Then the other problem is my seats have also started squeaking.
That's bad, will try to get it sorted out during servicing, Lets see weather MASS has got an answer to it !!! And if anyone of my dear fellow TAIn's have got an answer, then please help me out of this misery.
You should also check the rear seat belts. It is quite possible that the seat belts clip is banging somewhere. This usually happens in hatches if the seat belts are pushed in boot rather than keeping them on seats.

I also owned a used Esteem which was a 2007 model and had covered 68,000 kms at the time of buying and from the day I bought the car,there have been some noises in the car which could be easily heard while going on bumpy roads.
I sold the car at 79,000 kms but the noises never vanished.

I also owned a used Esteem which was a 2007 model and had covered 68,000 kms at the time of buying and from the day I bought the car,there have been some noises in the car which could be easily heard while going on bumpy roads.
I sold the car at 79,000 kms but the noises never vanished.
Perhaps the previous owner was too rough with the car. Did you not do any TD of the car before ? [confused]

I don't know what sort of owner the previous owner was but I kept the car with love.Though the mechaniclas like engine,gearbox and suspension all were perfect but there were noises from door pads etc etc which never vanished.
In the test drive itself I liked the car,this car was more lively than the Honda City GXi of my brother,it was having a fantastic handling and used to accelerate very well too.But it had rattles.

I have wagonR which has run 1.25 lac km but there is no rattle. Occassional rattles are due to seat belts hitting the body of car or due to some loose items kept in the glove box or on the dash. If one drives car carefully, respect speedbreakers, be soft on rough roads then I think no car will rattle. Get all nuts and plastics tighened at regular intervals.only once I got much worried because of rattling sound coming from the back end of the car and on close inspection I saw that tyre screw had become losse and the spare tyre was hitting the cng cylnder on movement .I tightened the screw and the problem was solved.no more rattles since then.

You should also check the rear seat belts. It is quite possible that the seat belts clip is banging somewhere. This usually happens in hatches if the seat belts are pushed in boot rather than keeping them on seats.
No dear ! The rear seat belts are not the ones I checked already !Its the rear door only. Cause yesterday I removed my spare tire and jack + Other "Fatta". out of my boot, I removed the rear no plate also, just to locate the source of rattling and I zeroed in on the rear door only.
Today dropped my vehicle for servicing and that service adv said" Ritz ka boot door ka avaaz ata hai" he said they will open up and check tomorrow to find the source, He said there is some plastic padding or something near the lock and if it goes off then this happens.
But I am not convinced with his explanation.
Whether its the door or lock we will find out soon.
And that squeaking from the front right seat will also be fixed lets see tomorrow kya hota hai.

Now I have a question here ! Experts please throw some light here .
I have an extended warranty for my ritzy ! Can I tell MASS to replace my front Right seat under warranty. As i said previously it squeaks.

Hello all I have a 28yr old maruti 800 ss80 std. It has been subjected to very harsh driving and handling but it has only considerable amount of rattles which can always be reduced and kept under control. I have rattles in the dashboard, rear tail moulded plasstic pad, left front door and gear shift lever. All these rattles can be rectified but due to lack of time I am planning to attend it once for all in a restoration soon.

In kolkata roads each and every car rattles.. here you can hardly go 100 mts without a pothole.. my dzire developed some rattles from the front left door.. but it was fixed at the second service.. also my friends volkswagen vento and polo doors produces more sound than my dzire..:lol!:

Top Bottom