Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Yes,It is 5+ year old

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • NO,I am lucky :)

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Does your Maruti Suzuki car rattle?

well I think new and expensive marutis dont have any rattles..you cant expect rattles from kizashi!!
Certainly pal. But lets wait to see a Kizashi age off and then we can discuss about it. [cheers]

freakdude.

I have a Swift which I purchased in October 2006 so its almost like 5 years now and rattling is one and only thing which I really hated about the car. Rattling has became worst in last 6 months and to add pain to the misery my audio panel got stolen 5 months back and I didn't buy a new one as planning a upgrade now. When I drove at 60km to 80 km whole car rattles and is quite frustrating. I hope new swift doesn't have this issue.

Every car rattles (exceptions maybe those high end models.) it is not particular with Maruthi .

No matter skoda ,fiat ,ford,toyota ,whatever. some do little some too much.

What could be such a special reason to say "My car cannot rattle"-unbelievable-either you haven't come across such conditions where your car shows its nature face or you are lying.

Place i work abroad we have 4 Toyota prado (for different staffs) , a Dodge dakota,2 Ford ranger,2 Nissan L200 ,1Hyundai santa-fe ; all of them rattles .

Though each one of them have different type of noise and rattle sources.

Yes my Maruti Rattles!!!

My 3years old DZire has started rattling after the age of 2-2.5 years or so..
Well the rattling spots are
Firstly the rear metal parcel/speaker tray which vibrates at low rpms;
Secondly and the glove box door rattles a lot. If you open the glove box door; it wont rattle.
Thats it; no much serious observations till now. And yes the whole car rattles on bad roads..:lol!:[roll]

2005 Wagon-R
We are lucky that the vehicle never rattled even after 125k km on odo since it was never landed on a rough road.
Little rattle observed from the parcel tray (after market) and fixed just by tightening the screws.

Glove box is always empty
Only 1 CD in the car, that too inside the player
Nothing kept over the parcel tray
Tool kit placed below the spare wheel
Jack was wrapped with a leather cover and secured in its place

Last edited:
Mine is Alto Lxi 2010.
I had a small rattling sound from my left side Shock and soon it became a hard "thud" sound creating one while even when i drive true small pot hole. so i have changed it under warranty. i have a rattle sound still coming from my rear end but could not find the exact place. My next project is to lube every place which i suspect the sound comes using WURTH HHS 2000 lube spray. hoping it as my final option.

I had a chance to insert myself on the rear bench of a 6 month old Swift Dzire. I believe somewhere below was a rattlesnake. Every time the speed was above 60, the rattlesnake used to rattle its tail ..

I have a 4 year old Indigo, close to 95,000 kilometers of running. Has few rattles in its dashboard area.

Does your Maruti Suzuki car rattle? Please answer YES/NO

Yes,It is less than 1 year old
Yes,It is 1+ year old
Yes,It is 2+ year old
Yes,It is 3+ year old
Yes,It is 4+ year old
Yes,It is 5+ year old
NO,I am lucky :)

If YES then please mention what is the problem?Also mention if you found any solution to your problem and if possible how you resolved it.
hi there i have maruti 800 carb 2000 model which is 12 years old now and it rattles like any thing . when the engine is cold it rattles all the dash board and bumpers as if the car is in vibration mode[:D] and also squeaks like rats for 2-3 sec at startup . after attaining operating temperature the rattles come down .The rattles even dissappear when you gently depress the throttle and hold in that position i dont know why this is happening

Yes. All cars rattle – But Maruti cars develop this habit a bit early!

Drive Safe,
350Z
Completely agree on this. My Alto started rattling at the age of 2 yrs which is not the case with any of the car in our family. Our Honda City is rattle free even after 6yrs of use, and same is the case with my dads Xylo and Civic which are running strong even with continuous abuse on bad roads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys I request you people no to jump on me for this statement of mine:-
No car has rattles,its the driver who make it rattle,a bad driver can make even a Rolls Royce rattle in some days but a good driver can drive a Maruti for a lac kms without rattles.

Actually,I have voted on the option 'NO',why?Because we have kept two Marutis "Iconic Maruti 800" and a "Maruti swift VXi",both were in the reliable hands of our long term chauffy and as much I remember none of them ever had rattles.

18 years old Maruti 800. No rattles apart from some pardonable noises from the suspension due to the obvious reason of old age.

They simply don't make 'em like they used to.

Top Bottom