Does Tata Indigo 'Manza' Marina Make Any Sense?

Should Tata make the Manza Marina?

• Total voters
Tata Indigo Marina as AMG said enjoyed good sales, the reason being its monopoly in the markets. However, in additon to its monopoly, its practicality and pricing lead to its success. Let us all not forget that there were a fer SWs like Corsa Swing and Baleno Altura which failed any share in the markets.

If I am not wrong, the Marina was one of the best selling Station Wagons in India.

Or rather THE BEST SELLING Station Wagon ever in India.
I agree with AMG, the TATA Indigo Marina was the most affordable SW in the Indian market, and one of the best looking cars in the Indica family, I however don't know if they are still producing and selling it for the Indian market, since there is no mention about it in TATA Motors website, however it is there in the international section.

In my opinion, if TATA does come out with the SW version of the Manza, hopefully it can see decent sales figures, if not earth shattering success, we all know that a SW scores much more points on practicality than lifestyle and it is why Marina sold and sold in respectable numbers.

Cheers!!!

I vote 'Yes'
Not really a lover of Station Wagons, but I like Indigo Marina.
Expecting a Manza Marina with much eager.

Something like this

Attachments

This rendering is nice Mr. Boss and the car is looking good from side profile, but I think they will have to reshape the tail lamps a bit.

I vote yes.

Baleno Altura / Corsa Swing / Palio Adventure failed because market was not ready earlier. We have later seen good sales of Marina.

I would love if they can modify it to have 1 more row of seats.

350Z

Core Team
The problem is that there is a thin line of ‘status’ which pulls most of us away from purchasing station wagons. I cannot think of any reason why India does not have demand for Estate cars. Here everybody equally wants to accommodate their families along with sufficient amount of luggage space just like U.S or some other country but mostly, people here opt for SUVs / MUVs or value for money vans like Eeco / Omni. Another thing is that not many popular car makers have attempted to put them into risk to release Station Wagons. Therefore, India has always left with minimum choices, that too from those car manufacturers which are always into some controversies related to their capability. (Read Tata, Fiat, Opel, Skoda). I think, the Octavia Combi was an awesome estate but extremely high price was a big put off for the potential buyers. Now, Fiat has improved their image in India to a significant margin – so I believe some stylish, affordable, competitively priced Station wagons can do wonders if marketed a bit differently apart from their regular station wagon image. (Just similar to something what Tata is trying to do with Aria at present). And that could be perhaps the Fiat Linea Estate? http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...a-weekend-estate-version.html?highlight=linea

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom