Does Brand Value Matters?

Does brand value matter?

• Yes

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
I voted YES!!
I prefer to spend even a lakh higher on a car say like toyota or honda over a tata or mahindra!! Only one simple reason!! These cars are hassle free to maintain when compared to indian made cars!! I don know about mahindra but TATA is worse in A.S.S!! The money saved in buying a car will be spent in maintenance of the indian cars!!

Thread Starter #17
Voted YES.
For those who voted NO, Answer this -
Why don't you simply buy the Chineese replica's of big cars which offer you many features at far more cheap prices?
because chinese cars are unreliable!

I voted YES!!
I prefer to spend even a lakh higher on a car say like toyota or honda over a tata or mahindra!! Only one simple reason!! These cars are hassle free to maintain when compared to indian made cars!! I don know about mahindra but TATA is worse in A.S.S!! The money saved in buying a car will be spent in maintenance of the indian cars!!
i dont agree. my innova is hassle free comapred to my scorpio but my scorpio is cheaper to run & maintain.

Yes, brand value matters a lot. And i guess, this is the same for most of us, not only in forum, but also across India. It just ensures peace of mind. Moreover characteristics of a model, can be ascertained with its make.

@ilango, you can't compare the quality of seat materials and badges of Innova with Rhino.

@raj, this is what we call brand value. Chinese have earned the reputation of low quality, unreliable cars.

Exactly Indian Automobile companies are improving and in the coming future we can expect a lot from them.

-Abhishek
(The Ace Master)

Yes, Its true.
There is a bike called "Gulsar", Copy of Pulsar!
I have not seen even a single Chinees car/bike which is an authentic design of their own. Everything is a copy of one or the other. Probably they are saving on the product design by just copying [;)]

Sorry for my late entry to the subject, but, YES brand value does matter. The brand name convey the goodwill which is always a driving factor.

i also want to add the reason to why mostly Marutis, Tata, Hyundai etc sell in volumes, simply because of brand value IMHO.

Well according to me brand value does matters but to a certain extent. I mean I depends in the area and the surrounding you live. And also it deals with the people or the company you meet daily.
Now I have a true example for this:
One of my dad's friend brought a costly flat in a some posh society in the city. Now this guy owns a Bolero(He is happy with it because it serves his professional needs) and has his shop and godown and also his clients are in garrage area where the roads are worst(he is an automobile spare parts supplier so bolero fulfill his needs of traveling around 120kms a day with some of his goods in the dicky and good ground clearence!) Now along with buying the house this guy brought home a second hand Corolla to meet the value of that area. The new area where he's gonna live had all Hondas,BMWs,Mercs,etc.. in the locality. So this guy does not take his bolero to that area all because of 'Brand value'. Rather he leaves his house in a Corolla, goes to his office, takes his bolero, does the supplying and collection work, returns to office, takes back the corolla and then arives home. All because of the word called 'BRAND VALUE and IMAGE!!!'[surprise]

Top Bottom