Do You Wear Seatbelts on Rear Seats?

Do you wear seatbelts on rear seats?

• Yes, I always wear seatbelts on rear seats.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Sometimes, I wear seatbelts on rear seats.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No, I never wear seatbelts on rear seats.

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
We have previously discussed a reality check amongst TAI Members who wear the seatbelts (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...eck-how-many-us-actually-wear-seat-belts.html). But now here’s a slightly different topic based on the same idea. How many of us actually wear seatbelts while seated on the rear seats? All car manufacturers have been offering this safety feature for rear passengers from almost a decade now but do we actually use it? Please cast your vote on this poll and also drop a line or two in this thread. Thanks

Drive Safe,
350Z

i have to be honest here. I never wear. In fact i have worn only like once or twice in the rear. i feel uncomfortable with seatbelt.

I dont wear seatbelts at rear seat, moreover, I am at the front seat most of the times (Driver/passenger). Never thought of it seriously whether I should or not but it is indeed for our safety.

Will start practicing it because I have seen foreigners wearing seat belts at all seating areas and they ensure that their children also do the same.

It is all about parenting I guess, we never were forced to consider it at all.

Nice thread Vibhor.

Once I was in cab in the rear seat, at 1AM on the outer ring road. The cab driver didn't see a speed breaker, flew over it, hit the front bumper and the car crashed to the road. Car's suspension was broken. The stuff in the rear parcel tray hit the windshield. But I was firmly seated, since I was wearing seat belt.

I suggest *not* to wear seat belts only if you are 100% sure that there is 0% probability of an accident.

And hope you guys know Julie's killer. Else, see the video:

YouTube - Julie knew her killer

being driving abroad since sometimes i am used to seat belt , without seatbelt i feel nervous or like not planted in the car. so naturally i have a habit of looking for the belts even in taxi or bus whenever i sit.
when i am wearing a belt i make sure everybody does it, else get out of the car . :P

and strict seat belt practice save you from those naughty kids who are not blessed with divine grace to sit for couple of seconds anywhere on planet.

To be frank i also never wear seatbelts whenever i sit at the rear and none of the people i know wear seatbelts at the rear seat.

People must wear seatbelts (any seat, any car) for same reason they buy motor insurance.
It helps if they there is an accident. Its a waste if there is no accident.

Thread Starter #14

350Z

Core Team
People must wear seatbelts (any seat, any car) for same reason they buy motor insurance.
It helps if they there is an accident. Its a waste if there is no accident.
Frankly, I never used to wear seatbelts while being seated on the rear. But after an accident (Almost similar to that shown in the video), I have eventually developed this habit. Thankfully, the only difference is that I was less injured (Read More: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...nse/3203-beware-hit-run-cases-experience.html). And now after reading the various posts of fellow members, this thread is only working as an inspiration for me to encourage the use of rear seatbelts to whoever sits inside the car. Thank You TAI’ians!

Drive Safe,
350Z

I agree with 350Z and I too will be frank, I dont wear seat belts at the rear seat.
After reading all this it seems I and everyone in the car should. Would try to do it every time.

Top Bottom