Do You Redline Your Ride?

Do you redline your ride?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
When I first learned to drive, I was directed to be subdued and it got etched in my psyche somewhere. But my stint in UK widened my thinking and there I first got the thrill of pushing the ride to the max it can go. Then once I got back to homeland, I got hold of something which was ready to be revved hard and free. I redline my ride once in a while all the time and sometimes the rush it gives me is just out of the world.

So here is a question for you - Do you guys redline? Or have you never felt the true power of an Internal Combustion?[:D]

Note: Redlining once a while even on a regular basis does not have long term harmful effects on the engine. A school of thought says it is good for the engine as it cleans it out and puts it through the paces.
(Pls ignore the environmental hazard this thread poses)

Ya I redline my swift petrol 1.3 after the traffic lights I do a full blow start till about 100 plus on this stretch on the way to my regular hangout.
But now days I have annoying two wheelers who come through gaps at traffic signal & stand in front of my car,when light turns green you can guess they dont move i have to stay behind them,(I am a polite driver I dont honk frantically)

worse are the squadron of autos which seem to be talking to eachother & never move.
but on high way runs after the speed breaker it gets a full throttle run till 140 sometimes,will be shifting to diesels soon,
Will miss the rev happy sounds of the petrol engine all thanks to the unfair pricing of fuel

i never redline.
i am aslow and steady driver.. keep to 50 km on car and 40 on bike (the longest was Kottayam to Bangalore in my 800 5speed).
the avg FE was 28kmpl (800)
Bike 89kmpl (before changing piston1 year back)

yes i do it often. whenever the road opens up, time to go pedal to the metal. :P its soo adictive and it doesnt help that the Civic is such a revv-happy car! :P

In my Alto, the red line is the only thing that gets it moving. The output from the motor is too lethargic. So red lining comes out of necessity for me.

Thread Starter #9
Swift owners love to take off.
So they often redline their Swifty.:lol!:
Ya I redline my swift petrol 1.3 after the traffic lights I do a full blow start till about 100 plus on this stretch on the way to my regular hangout.
But now days I have annoying two wheelers who come through gaps at traffic signal & stand in front of my car,when light turns green you can guess they dont move i have to stay behind them,(I am a polite driver I dont honk frantically)

worse are the squadron of autos which seem to be talking to eachother & never move.
but on high way runs after the speed breaker it gets a full throttle run till 140 sometimes,will be shifting to diesels soon,
Will miss the rev happy sounds of the petrol engine all thanks to the unfair pricing of fuel
You bet! Redlining a swift gives this sadistic pleasure. You need to own one to understand it. I am not so sure how does the K-series engine paces up when redlined. I have only done it on old G13B series.
Yes, petrol pricing is a dampener. Not trying to show off or create a moral chaos, but there is a free stretch (read e-way) around my city and it is fun to push it with a biker at side.

i never redline.
i am aslow and steady driver.. keep to 50 km on car and 40 on bike (the longest was Kottayam to Bangalore in my 800 5speed).
the avg FE was 28kmpl (800)
Bike 89kmpl (before changing piston1 year back)
Driving safe is utmost important. What you do is proper!:)

yes i do it often. whenever the road opens up, time to go pedal to the metal. :P its soo adictive and it doesnt help that the Civic is such a revv-happy car! :P
Isn't it fun? A free revving honda engine is something to die for. I am sure the note will be music to ears [:)]

In my Alto, the red line is the only thing that gets it moving. The output from the motor is too lethargic. So red lining comes out of necessity for me.
Oh man, those K-10s are serious pocket rockets. You have got a ride to push and am sure you wont be falling short of it.

Till I had my Lancer, redlining was a frequent affair. The music it sings when around 6000 rpm is to die for. I used to often shut off the music system just to hear her sing her roaring song. Also, once in a while it is nice for the engine too to get redlined as it helps the engine to open up and rev freely. Also, this thrusts out the soot and carbon deposits too.

freakdude.

I had a skyline , I had a chaser what do you expect me to do with those two turbo sports cars [drive]

Not quiet often though , when there are ricers on the road with those silly looking modified rides ,changing exhaust means they have a fast car .. no it doesn't work that way.

Nissan Skyline has 9000 RPM MAX (Engine: RB25DET) and I was able to achieve 8000 RPM (without changing lifters )
Toyota Chaser has 9000 RPM MAX (Engine: 1jz by Yamaha) and I was able to achieve 7500 because it was an auto

if you have a type R then thats like normal for you cuz V tec has REDLINE fun going there :p

If this literally means to rev up to the redline area on the tacho then no, I would not do that, Well i would have loved to do that if I were rich but i dont want to loose my engine with all the hard earned money which I have spent to buy my car. I have a sedate driving style, but yes, I generally spool up the turbo more than once upto 3k rpm during my daily driving or during overtakes.

No I do not red line my car. However, I am not a sedate driver completely but loves driving at sedate speed more rather speeding. Speeding definitely adds more thrill but I am not in a position as of now to use my car for thrills. :-)

Isn't it fun? A free revving honda engine is something to die for. I am sure the note will be music to ears [:)]
if you have a type R then thats like normal for you cuz V tec has REDLINE fun going there :p

@The Traveller: yea man, the engine note is really really honestly awesome!!

@Codename: no bro it isnt the type-r but just standard NA 2.0 engine but still fun to drive.

Top Bottom