Do You Drive with Foot Resting on Clutch?

Clutch Riding. Yes or No?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team
Quite impressed to see the number of votes with the third option in the poll.

Drive Safe!
350Z

When I was new to driving automobiles, I used to make this mistake, but not now. M800 clutch bore the burnt of my driving style initially, but now I am used to driving cars so no issues no this front. Here I will like to mention one thing that if one has broad toe like me, it becomes very difficult to bring the foot up from the dead pedal ( if the car comes with one ). This is quite irritating, but later on with experience, one gets along and gets used to almost any car.

Came to hear of a case when this lady ate thru two clutch plates with her habit of resting her foot on the clutch.
The mechanics at the workshop cured her of the habit by linking the room lamp to the clutch, so every time she depressed the clutch lever, the lamp would go on, to remind her to take the foot off!!

Came to hear of a case when this lady ate thru two clutch plates with her habit of resting her foot on the clutch.
The mechanics at the workshop cured her of the habit by linking the room lamp to the clutch, so every time she depressed the clutch lever, the lamp would go on, to remind her to take the foot off!!
This is very innovative idea to teach some lesson[:)].

Top Bottom