Do Window Tints Hinder Driving Visibility?

Thread Starter #1

lxi.

Suspended
hi guys.
i have a maruti alto 2008 lxi and was thinking to go for some cool tints for the sides and rear. but came across a problem that tints hinder visibility at night but will make my car a stunner[glasses]. is it true? and even if i do install them, what are some brands like 3M, garware, Vkool, etc. what will be the price in new delhi? [confused]. should i go for front windsheild film also? what will be the cost of films on all sides?

Re: Do window tints hinder visibility?

Hey buddy welcome to TAI.

Yes it does hinder the visibility a bit during night especially the sides when you are making a turn. But nothing to worry about , you will get used to it. Almost 90% of the cars on road have sunfilms! Yes if you put sunfilms which match the color of your car your ride will look stunning! 3M , Garware , Llumar , Vkool are some good brands.

I don't know the pricing of other brands but for 3M i think it must cost around 4k for sides and rear. Front windshield sunfilm is a bit costly , comes around 8k i think. I sat in an Innova with front sunfilm and i din't like it , to each his own! You may even like it!

Thread Starter #3

lxi.

Suspended

thanks cooldhaya. Since it is a bit costly, i am not going for the front windsheild film :tongue:. As for the sides and rear, which colour will match on my silky silver colour car?[thinking]

Well i have a slightly charcoal colored sunfilm in my Verna which is also Silver. If you get in touch with any accessory shop they will guide you. Since you are from Delhi i think you can also visit the 3M car care store there(I guess Delhi has one).

350Z

Core Team

Just make sure that visibility for tints is as per motor vehicle act. (50% for side and 70% for front / rear). These tints won’t affect the driving experience. You can also check the almost-transparent films for windscreen. They are slightly expensive but offer a better heat rejection.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes. I too have 3M CR70 for my front windshield and it is almost transparent. Does not affect the visibility in the night also. And is more effective than the 3M SP50 I have for my side and rear.

Top Bottom