[Do Not Buy] MyTVS TDI-22 Vacuum Cleaner & Tyre Inflator Honest Review

Thread Starter #1

bhvm

Honoured Member
[Honest review] MyTVS TDI-22 Vacuum cleaner and Tyre inflator.

Hello friends,
I am pleased to present you a detailed review of my latest purchase which is “myTVS 2-in-1 Vacuum Cleaner and Tyre Inflator TDI-22 Vehicle Interior Cleaner”

The product was brought for 2800 from Flipkart-
https://www.flipkart.com/mytvs-2-in...hyicxyqn4x6o1539671570856&qH=9620017a5d536af7

Grab it while stocks last. Price on Amazon has gone up to about 3500.

Note- Make sure you read my [Honest Review] Windek Digital Tyre Inflator with Autocut Over here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...iew-windek-digital-tyre-inflator-autocut.html

As this review is going to have a lot of references to that.

So lets begin!

I must thank filpkart and the seller (Jazzmyride) for sending a very well packed unit. There was outer box, then Bubble wrap and then product box.

479.jpg

480.jpg

Here it is!
481.jpg

Supplied accessories are plentiful-
482.jpg

Carpet brush, Thin Nozzle, Extension pipe and required adapters-
483.jpg

Pins to inflate balloons and toys-
484.jpg

Inflator Pipe exit- (Should have been better Reinforced)
485.jpg

486.jpg

The Chart does not mention Torch, But it has one. For a namesake. Cheap chinese 5mm single LED-
487.jpg

The switch design is such that it prevents both features to be used at once. Makes sense-
488.jpg

Digital display for Inflator-
489.jpg

Upon casual observation before using the machine, Noticed that once of the wires was getting caught in Fan blades. So much for QC. A simple oversight could have caused the wire to be snapped off or fan blades broken.
490.jpg

491.jpg

492.jpg

Whats a DIYer to do? Used long needle with thread and tied it up so that the wire is held away from fan blades. Perfect-
493.jpg

The Vacuum Part has decent suction. It picked up lots of loose dust from my Safari floor. I can also pick up small stones and sand. Here is the dust estimate from mildly dusty 4nos floor mats-

494.jpg

495.jpg

496.jpg

497.jpg

498.jpg

499.jpg

500.jpg

All these parts are washable. So washed them and made clean.

The Motor and impeller of Vacuum. Looks like a mini turbo!
501.jpg

Thread Starter #2

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: [Honest review] MyTVS TDI-22 Vacuum cleaner and Tyre inflator

Pros-
1. Both a vacuum cleaner and Digital tyre inflator in under 3k. What more you want?
2. The vacuum has decent power. However expecting it to work wonders like home vacuum(Euraka forbes, I have) would be unreasonable. This vacuum is more suited to pick loose dust from floor mats, cleaning door pockets and other crevices.
3. Comes with decent kit of attachments. Both for the vacuum and extra pins for inflator.
4. The Noise of Inflator is less than my windek. Also the operation feels smoother (could be due to new lubrication & Seals). Auto cut works well.
5. Separate motors used for vacuum and inflator, which aids Reliability and Longevity.
6. Supplied power cord is sufficiently long (About same as windek it seems). I plugged into the middle row power socket and it could reach both front and rear tyres from there.
7. 2 years warranty is peace of mind.

Cons-
1. There are no rubber feet to place the device on ground when Inflating. I had to hold it in hand while inflating Safari tyres. Being oddly shaped and longer, feels awkward to hold in hand when inflating.
2. The heat generated while Inflating was bothersome (Esp near the Pipe exit). I Inflated Safari tyres from 20 PSI to 35 PSI in 2 batches while stopping for 10 Minutes in between. There does not seem to be any inbult overheating protection.
3. The compartment to hold both Inflation pipe and cord is very small. Could cause bending of pipe.
4. There is no fuse inbuilt. It is relying only on OEM fuse in car fuse box.
5. QC of myTVS is not good and there can be silly problems.
6. The Digital gague takes some time (less than a sec though) and does not feel as fast as Windek. Sometimes the Inflator stops few PSI early by the time Gague reads accurate pressure. I need to experiment with more cars before further comment.
7. The filtration provided on Vacuum side is nominal (Just a felt cloth) and not a proper HEPA filter. You can see that the motor and impeller have become dusty with just 5 mins of use. It could be possible more dust will accumulate inside motor over time.
8. There is no BLOW function for vacuum.

Interesting observations-

1. I can forsee that the Machinery used inside compressor (Motor, Piston) are exactly same as my Windek. Even the Display, Buttons and software behavior is exactly same. Which confirms my theory that these are just mass Produced chinese Kits being employed by various importers/assemblers
2. There is heck lot confusion among specifications Mentioned on the- 1. BOX 2. myTVS website 3. myTVS chart. The box mentions the vacuum is wet & Dry. Cannot see how that's possible as there is no water isolator. Also, Max pressure is mentioned as 100 PSI on box, 110PSI on Chart and 80 PSI on website. MyTVS should pay attention here.
3. When playing around with the digital gague, It was being able to surpass 120PSI settings. If the software is same as Windek, It will go all the way too 300PSI (Which it cannot inflate due to small motor anyways). So all the specifications mentioned by myTVS at various places go out the window.

User Manual-
502.jpg

503.jpg

504.jpg

Links-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...iew-windek-digital-tyre-inflator-autocut.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...7855-windek-digital-tyre-inflator-review.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-blue-elephant-my-safari-4x4-review-mods.html

So verdict is this is better of to be used as Vacuum Cleaner only.
Isn't it?

So probably your plans to save space in the car boot by avoiding two different gadgets (the Vacuum cleaner and the Tyre Inflator) by having a single 2 in 1 machine is vacuumed out before even being Inflated. [;)]

Don't worry, The Boot space in Safari is huge to even move a house.

Thread Starter #4

bhvm

Honoured Member
Well no.
Probably I will use the inflator more than vacuum. The machine was initially brought to replace an inflator duty. But having the vacuum is not bad at all. Only good. Both the functions work on the machine properly, as they have separate motors.

And this will stay in the boot of whichever car is being used for the trip.
About the boot space in Safari. Well yes. I have moved cupboards, Tables and stuff in it.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Nice & honest review with supporting pictures [clap]

+

I have this Turbo, 300 PSI Air compressor which was bought in my fiesta days (possibly 8/9 years back). But this inflator is very noisy when using and too much of vibration.

Last week, I tried to inflate a punctured tyre of my Scooter but even after 5 minutes continuous use, it seems air pressure was not reaching to the tyre. Then I had to use a foot pump to inflate the tyre instead of this one.

014.JPG

015.JPG

018.JPG

Hi bhvm, thats a nice product review. Why did you not opt for a vaccum cleaner which can do wet cleaning? Or is it that I missed out something.
I am also looking for a vaccum cleaner which can do wet cleaning specially to clean fabric upholsteries, can you suggest one?

Thread Starter #8

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hi bhvm, thats a nice product review. Why did you not opt for a vaccum cleaner which can do wet cleaning? Or is it that I missed out something.
I am also looking for a vaccum cleaner which can do wet cleaning specially to clean fabric upholsteries, can you suggest one?
Hello,
The Product Box does quote this can do wet cleaning, But I do not want to risk it, As there is no water separator. For a real Wet/Dry vacuum cleaner, Look at something solid from the likes of eureka forbes.

Hello,
The Product Box does quote this can do wet cleaning, But I do not want to risk it, As there is no water separator. For a real Wet/Dry vacuum cleaner, Look at something solid from the likes of eureka forbes.
Thanks a lot BHVM, I was actually looking for a economical one! as i have a dry vaccum cleaner of eureka forbes, i wanted to get a wet vaccum cleaner at a cheaper price.

Thread Starter #10

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thanks a lot BHVM, I was actually looking for a economical one! as i have a dry vaccum cleaner of eureka forbes, i wanted to get a wet vaccum cleaner at a cheaper price.
Hello Buddy, The wet function is only available in top end machines. So I am doubtful you'll find it in budget range.

​Very well written review as usual . A big boo to TVS for slapping on their branding to typical Chinese stuff, without bothering to provide accurate specs. Please check with their support team on warranty claim process and duration of 2 years. Also, please do a comparison of pressure gauge with another unit or a fuel station unit if possible.
As for the vacuum, Bergmann Hurricane still holds the cup, for its powerful suction (100W motor), in-line fuse, HEPA filter with better seals, better build and durable (using since July 2016).
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...mann-hurricane-car-vacuum-cleaner-review.html

Thread Starter #13

bhvm

Honoured Member
It seems my luck is out with inflators.
The Compressor went kaput, With what I think was just the 10th tyre. Vacuum works, but sound has changed with just 5 min of use. Very poor quality product. Have raised complaint, lets see.

Thread Starter #14

bhvm

Honoured Member
I am Thankful to report that Flipkart has processed full refund & Return process for the said item. I did not have to claim warranty or talk to the seller or anything. I just reported Poor quality of the product with Images and they did it. Just today I got refund in my bank!

Top Bottom