Do Brakelights Glow Up With Handbrake Pulled On?

Thread Starter #1
hi guys..

me and my friend were having an little argument.

i did a mod in my car where when u pull the handbrake the brake lights should glow..

and he says u dont need a mod for that, it glows in every car.

and i said there isn't any FACTORY STOCK car where the brake lights glow when u pull the handbrake.

i just wanted to clarify which is correct.

Re: a clarification needed

Get your friends facts correct. You are correct, pulling handbrake doesn't activate brake lamp during in stock condition.

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to The Automotive India, Rustmandevil. Brake lamps works in the following cases:

- The parking lights are on.
- The brake pedal is pressed.

But I'm curious to know if there was a specific reason for doing this mod?

Drive Safe,
350Z

What your friend mentioned may be the brake warning in the meter console.

and if i am wrong , and you are mentioning about glowing at the tail lamp , why do you want the brakes lights in tail lamp to glow on parking brake?

hi guys..

me and my friend were having an little argument.

i did a mod in my car where when u pull the handbrake the brake lights should glow..

and he says u dont need a mod for that, it glows in every car.

and i said there isn't any FACTORY STOCK car where the brake lights glow when u pull the handbrake.

i just wanted to clarify which is correct.
Welcome aboard rustmandevil.

I do not know the reason for you opting for a mod to let your tail light glow when you engage hand brake. But one thing is for sure, you would run out of battery very soon [lol].

Have a nice stay at TAI and do let us know the reason behind this unusual mod.

Have a nice stay at TAI and do let us know the reason behind this unusual mod.
Even i am curious to know the reason behind this mod. Now since the brake light can operate even when the ignition is off, i dont know how you are going to manage with your battery.

Hi rustmandevil, welcome to TAI and enjoy your stay. Yes like everyone told it doesnot appear in stock. Also, this a peculiar mod of all I have heard or seen. Most of car owners engage the parking brake when in parking in home or outside. All time if the light is glowing, will the battery not drain quick. This mod will be useful only if you are not of habit of engaging the handbrake while parking in home or anywhere outside .

Well,this mod is quite ood but it will be better if the brake lights also go off with the ignition.
I mean,this will really drain the battery and if the car remains parked for even 4-5 hours like in office basements etc etc..then?

Top Bottom