DIY: Wheel Colour Change [The Proper + Cheap Solution]

Re: DIY-Wheel colour change [The proper + Cheap solution]

Nice work 'recycle-art'. The rims look brand new. This is very helpful, as i am planing to pain my wheel caps.[thumbsup]

Thanks man, but yeah, I didn't want to mess with wheel weights as I put the wheel back in the same position and rotation as it used to be before paint. If you meant that I should have painted after removing them, nah, I only got my wheels balanced 2 weeks ago, so I'm not messing around with them just yet [;)]

Tyre shine will go on the tires once all the painting has been finished. I'll post up comparison pics of my whole car to show how much it has improved.

Cheers
Waiting for the Comparison Pics [sleep]

Thread Starter #25

Waiting for the Comparison Pics [sleep]
Well I hate to say this, but getting comparison pics with only two wheels isn't going to be any helpful. Let's just say, I had to work on thing that are much more important that wheel colours :P

I was too busy replacing the CV boot. Might hit up the paint after my exams. Sorry.

First of all i apologies to bring up almost 3 months old topic.

That is one neat job done, well, really well. I need your suggestion on something.

After reading this post i too have decided to do up my car wheels. Can some one suggest weather i should paint the wheels black color for my rims and wheel cap? or should i go ahead with Cast Iron color which has been posted before.

This is Me car. Suggestions please...

Attachments

Thread Starter #27
Sorry about the late reply, haven't been coming on as much lately. And firstly, you migh want to invest in some plastic primer instead of regular primer if you're spraying your wheel caps! Black on black doesn't go too well for me, so if you ask me, I'd say go for some sort of gun metal! :D
Hope that helps.

Top Bottom