DIY Tips To De-Badge a Car?

Thread Starter #1
Coming to DIY as of now nothing more, have installed a FIN(Shark Tail), De-badging has been done. Guys after i removed the Punto & Emotion badge the cars rear end looks Gorgeous, can clearly see the curvyness of the hatchdoor.
Can anyone tell how to debadge without leaving marks on the car...[frustration] im new to DIY!!!

This looks nice man. But its a matter of preferences too. I personally like to have all stock sticker and other fittings.

simple
1. Remove the badge with bare hands , If you find difficult take a minus screw driver , cover with a cotton cloth and then remove it.
2. Take a 2000 sand paper(water sheet ) and sand that area gently - Do not give heavy pressure that may remove the clear coat too.
3. Take a good amount of rubbing compound and apply on that area and then rub till you get the original shine.

This looks nice man. But its a matter of preferences too. I personally like to have all stock sticker and other fittings.
+1 to this! I like to have my car in perfect stock condition. No debadging no stickers and kits. Though i prefer only alloys and spoilers.

Re: How to De-Badge a Car through DIY?

Sorry for bumping an old thread.:sorry:
But I have some inputs for this thread.
I've debadged my swift with the help a spool of thread(the same thread which we use for stitching).
The thread was used to remove the badges(by moving it to and fro in between the badge and the place where its sticked).
Then used the rubbing compound to remove the glue.
We can even use kerosene instead.:stupid:

And screwdrivers can harm the paint finish,I think.
Will post the pictures soon..

And one more thing,when we use polishes or waxes(or similar things),there is a chance that the waxes can stick into the cavities.So debadging is done.

350Z

Core Team
Re: How to De-Badge a Car through DIY?

Great tips there, ACMohan. Pictures will surely benefit those who wish to perform the DIY by following this method.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is my Swift's debadged rear end.

badgeless maruti swift.jpg

I don't have the pictures of the process.I'll do it on my friend's car to show that.[:D]

How about placing the same badge back in position after cleaning...?

What precautions needs to be taken and which adhesive should be used so that no harm is caused on the paint surface...?[confused]

Clean the surface and paste the badges with 3M tapes(doubleside sticker).Not sure about the name.[:D]
Ordinary stickers cannot be used.(I've tried it once.But when I washed the car,it was gone.)

Or you can buy new badges and place it in your own way.This is the simplest method.

Cheers

Top Bottom