DIY Power Window Installation For Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Here is a DIY for installing power windows in Maruti 800..

This was an upgrade I was thinking from many days..(o o sorry many years),
on my birthday this time it came true.. I bought the Xenos power window kit from a known accessory shop.. he offered me to get it fitted by him and asked 1000rs.. as usual I refused it.

This kit comes with auto roll up driver side and auto roll up of windows after locking from central locking..

- 4 roller mechanism
- 1 main control unit
- 1 one touch and auto lock module /circuit
- 2 wiring kit, 1 from battery to the circuit the other one for all doors
- 4 switches,driver side with 5 switches (4 for all windows, 1 for child lock)
- 1 year replacement warranty..

Though I bought it 2 days back I was bit busy could not fix it,[frustration] sleepless nights..yesterday started the mission at 6am ended almost by 11 am !

Detailed info -

Need to remove the previous / oem roller mechanism, very tough job as all the screws were rusted and refusing to come out.. need to hammer them at the edges and remove them.

Next need to fix the new roller mechanism with motor (fits to normal holes provided no need any mods). For front windows need to align the windows as it sometimes wont rollup straight.

For wiring need to fix the main circuit and the one touch module next to the fusebox (rightside above accelerator pedal), need to take the left front door wiring below the floor carpet as the wire length is short, the from the side pillar to the door (no need of any holes to be drilled as there is a hole already provided. (One main thing need to cut all the plugs the wire ends so that the wire passes through the hole in the door)

Next need to take the rear wiring from right side frame/floor.
Here we need to make 2 holes, one on the B pillar other one on the door to pass the wire into the door. For passing the wire need to remove the seat belt roller/module.

Finally connect all the switches and need to connect the source from battery (+ and -) the other wire to ignition (I have connected to accessory point) so that the power windows work only when key is on..

Then the toughest job is finding out and ignition and lock positive wire from the central locking. As mine was a OEM/ Maruti nippon one it was very much difficult, still not yet fixed it..

The power windows are rolling up/down as fast as OEM ones [:)]
Could not click many photos as my hands were full of grease/dust..
Will click some pic's later.

So friends I guess you could understand and sorry for any mistakes (also blur pic's)

Power window kit
Power 2.jpg

Switches and wiring
Switches and wiring.jpg

Main circuit which rolls the windows up & down
Main circuit.jpg

Roller mechanism (front)
Front roller mechanism.jpg

Roller mechanism (Rear)
Roller mechanism (3).jpg

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Re: DIY - Power windows for Maruti 800

Continued..

OEM hole
for wiring into door, main circuit to be placed here..

Wiring for the module.jpg

Driver side switch and wiring.jpg

Rear wiring,
Seat belt roller removed

& Seat belt roller

Seat Belt .jpg

Seat belt.jpg

Seat Belt module.jpg

Rear left door wiring, passed under the seat.

Rear wiring.jpg

After wiring and damping

01052012293.jpg

Switch mounting

For mounting switches.jpg

Installation completed... [lol]

Driver Side
Final driver side.jpg

Co-Driver side
For mounting switches.jpg

That's all for now I will post some more pic's later..[:D]

Attachments

Last edited:

Awesome DIY, you are on a mission to uplift the image of 800, infact after seeing your DIY's my plans of next car are gone for long.

Many 800 owners wishlist is usually big and power windows is on top of the list. Post that video you said you will record showing how this works.

Will it work without the car started? Can you plz share some info on the rolling device and motor

The first ever DIY of the power-windows i have ever seen, Kudos to you Varun,
So what was the total time taken to install the power windows set?

Thread Starter #5

Awesome DIY, you are on a mission to uplift the image of 800, infact after seeing your DIY's my plans of next car are gone for long.

Many 800 owners wishlist is usually big and power windows is on top of the list. Post that video you said you will record showing how this works.

Will it work without the car started? Can you plz share some info on the rolling device and motor
Thanks, will post the video soon.. I have connected to accessory point so just turn the key to 1st point then you can use the power windows.

Rollup module is a circuit where it ensures all the windows are up after the car is locked..

The first ever DIY of the power-windows i have ever seen, Kudos to you Varun,
So what was the total time taken to install the power windows set?
Thanks Vishwas.. It took almost 4 hours to fit it and 1 hour to clean all the mess..

I suggest an another DIY, Wagon r type door handle inside? I am planing to do in alto but where should I get such items?

No Varun I saw an old model wagon r yesterday forget to click a pic., but that handle just like benz/v type

I got a picture but that from a website., i will PM the link

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice DIY buddy. Output is really awesome and flawless.
Congrats [clap]

Am I missing something here, cost?

Hi Varun,
Once again congratulations. Wow! amazing wiring details. I should appreciate your marathon DIY project[clap] What next?[evil]

Thread Starter #13
Nice DIY buddy. Output is really awesome and flawless.
Congrats [clap]

Am I missing something here, cost?
Thanks.. total cost 8700 rs...

Varun, Good work. Keep on going!!
Thanks..[:)]

Hi Varun,
Once again congratulations. Wow! amazing wiring details. I should appreciate your marathon DIY project What next?
Thanks, I have some more pic's need to upload them.. What next [confused] many things in mind..

Yet another great DIY.Keep it up dude
Thanks..

+1 Santosh its amazing i haven't seen M800 with power windows and Varun really care his old beauty keep it up :)

Top Bottom