DIY: LED Tail Lamps for Maruti 800

Thread Starter #16
Thanks all for liking my LED tail lamps. Sorry for not posting any video till yet. On 15th Aug my day was spent in fixing these under body lights, DRL's and interior LEDs.

Photo0566.jpg
DRLs (but now connected to parking lamps due to people prompting light jal raha hai bhai!!!) [frustration]
Photo0565.jpg

Photo0568.jpg
Photo0569.jpg
Photo0571.jpg
Photo0573.jpg
Underbody LED lights

Photo0576.jpg
Rear interior LEDs

Photo0575.jpg
Photo0574.jpg

Photo0577.jpg
front left under dashboard

Photo0578.jpg
Photo0579.jpg
front right under dashboard

Will more pics soon

Thread Starter #21
Extremely sorry for not uploading any video till yet. Presently i don't have any good video cam. And most of the times I am out on sites away from my car. Tomorrow I am going to Mumbai for a week of two.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thanks all, I'll upload a video soon . .

@ Varun I have not used any resistor, but connceted them in series of 4 LED's

After installing the lights on the car

View attachment 59185
LED brake Light

View attachment 59188
Stock Brake Light

View attachment 59187
LED Parking Light

View attachment 59186
Stock Parking Light

View attachment 59189
LED Indicator

View attachment 59190
Stock Indicator

View attachment 59191
LED Reverse Light

Will take a video and photos in daylight and upload them soon.
mate what type of current regulation have you used here? putting 4 leds in series without resistor? the auto voltage may swing up to 14.8v DC when revving,that means 3.7 volts per led. red 5mm leds are 2 volt per piece and white ones are 3.2volts. or did I miss something?

Thread Starter #25
mate what type of current regulation have you used here? putting 4 leds in series without resistor? the auto voltage may swing up to 14.8v DC when revving,that means 3.7 volts per led. red 5mm leds are 2 volt per piece and white ones are 3.2volts. or did I miss something?
Dear friend,
I have used white LEDs only. The white LEDs are 3 to 3.2 volts. I have not used any RED LEDs. and yes, I have connected 4 LEDs in series without any resistor. Till date, there is no problem in the lights due to high voltage during revs.

Dear friend,
I have used white LEDs only. The white LEDs are 3 to 3.2 volts. I have not used any RED LEDs. and yes, I have connected 4 LEDs in series without any resistor. Till date, there is no problem in the lights due to high voltage during revs.
Yes. As you said, whites ones have 3 to 3.2volts. And while using the LEDs for stop light, did you remove your old bulb and cut your stop lights's wire and solder it to the new arrangement? And can you tell me how you did the connections for your front head lamps?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27
Yes. As you said, whites ones have 3 to 3.2volts. And while using the LEDs for stop light, did you remove your old bulb and cut your stop lights's wire and solder it to the new arrangement? And can you tell me how you did the connections for your front head lamps?
To connect the LED circuit the bulbs and holders were removed. I had an old rear light holder set so I had cut the holders and soldered the wires to the PCB.
For the front head lamps I fixed a LED strip and connected the wires to the parking lamp.

To connect the LED circuit the bulbs and holders were removed. I had an old rear light holder set so I had cut the holders and soldered the wires to the PCB.
For the front head lamps I fixed a LED strip and connected the wires to the parking lamp.
Thanks man. Even I'm in the process of doing this LED settings for past 2 weeks. Due to time constrain, its dragging and as you know, soldering needs patience.

Top Bottom