DIY - Fiat Linea AUX Input

Thread Starter #1
I was in search of AUX cable for Linea. Tried in eBay, my bad time, every time I got the error message "Sorry, your transaction cannot be completed" and Rs.1 deducted from my account. Tried with almost all my cards and lost more than 10Rs.

Today right from morning went in search of AUX cable to each and every car audio shop from Tambaram to GP road. Again my bad luck, couldn't find one.

Finally by 5.00PM went to my regular shop to install floor mats for Linea and found a scrap wiring harness there. Something went inside my mind, took that in hand and it was very similar to Mini ISO pin (the AUX socket for Linea) but again my bad luck, it was not. But the pins (the one inside the socket) were exactly same as the required one. So taken that socket home and thought of making my owm AUX cable as DIY.

Removed those pins out of the socket. Had a meter long RF cable and RF to Stereo converter pin at home. Soldered those pins to the RF cable.

Now came the question, how to remove the HU from dash? I don't have that U-Clip to remove the HU. Called the fellow from where I have taken the socket, even he doesn't have one. Heart siad, should somehow do it today. Went to the nearby puncture shop and got 4 nos 2 wheeler spokes (TVS Max 100 spokes, he said) and after a hard try for about 15 mins, I could get the HU out of Dash (sorry, forgot to take the snaps)

My goodness, the HU had the socket diagram showing the details of each pin. Figured out the 3 pins for AUX and inserted my DIY AUX cable. Connected my mobile and switched on the Radio, I was like [:D]
My DIY worked out.[clap]

Sound clarity was excellent. Made some phone calls keeping the mobile in co-driver seat and below the hand brake lever and found OK.

Here are few snaps, sorry no time to take more snaps or no one to help out, atleast in taking snaps.

Socket taken from the shop
DSCN3378.jpg

RF cable and the adapter
DSCN3379.jpg

Socket diagram
DSCN3380.jpg

Connected the cable
DSCN3382.jpg

Connected to my mobile
DSCN3384.jpg

Routing between the seat and center console
DSCN3386.jpg

Thread Starter #3
Good one.. You could have got the stereo pin, 3.5mm jack one and fixed it. It would be much better.
Thanks dude. Will change the cables by next week end. Since I started the job around 9:30pm last night, I couldn't get the cables.

Thread Starter #4
Stupid idea here,

Thought of installing a basic USB player (may be from Gesonic) under the dash and connect it to stock HU through AUX, take out the remote sensor from USB player and place it in some convenient place in dash, so that the player can be operated through remote.

Does it sound good? Any suggestions?

I was in search of AUX cable for Linea. Tried in eBay, my bad time, every time I got the error message "Sorry, your transaction cannot be completed" and Rs.1 deducted from my account. Tried with almost all my cards and lost more than 10Rs.
hey i too have the same prob with my card in google play store. did you find the reason?

hey i too have the same prob with my card in google play store. did you find the reason?
indian debit cards are not allowed on any international site, whether it be ebay global or google play store,

you can use debit card at ebay india though

for shopping from shops/malls/warehouses outside of india, you have to use the Credit Card By VISA or MasterCard

Connecting an MP3 player via AUX sounds good. But i am not getting the point behind remote sensor. Which remote sensor are you planning to take apart?[:)]

Stupid idea here,

Thought of installing a basic USB player (may be from Gesonic) under the dash and connect it to stock HU through AUX, take out the remote sensor from USB player and place it in some convenient place in dash, so that the player can be operated through remote.

Does it sound good? Any suggestions?

Thread Starter #13
Connecting an MP3 player via AUX sounds good. But i am not getting the point behind remote sensor. Which remote sensor are you planning to take apart?[:)]
Planned to install the regular HU (basic one with USB playback option) under the dash or inside the glove box. So, to change the track / play / pause I need to access the glove box. Thought of taking out the remote control sensor from the Hu and install it in a convenient place so that I can control the track with remote control atleast.

But dropped this idea as of now, as my Sony walkman does the job pretty good.

I have also installed aux cable like you did, but the problem is I cannot increase the volume in HU. The volume can be adjusted only in the phone or mp3 player. Is this case in your player.

Thread Starter #15
I have also installed aux cable like you did, but the problem is I cannot increase the volume in HU. The volume can be adjusted only in the phone or mp3 player. Is this case in your player.
Nope. I can increase / decrease volume in HU itself.

Top Bottom