DIY Car Boot Light Using 1W LED

You can use this circuit for automatic headlamp, foglamp (when your vehicle suddenly enters into a darker area or a tunnel) or even as headlamp dimmer.
Yes, and also with a separate switch to keep them up lighting even when it is not dark. Or else when the oncoming vehicle's light falls on the LDR it shuts off[lol]

Thread Starter #17
Yes, and also with a separate switch to keep them up lighting even when it is not dark. Or else when the oncoming vehicle's light falls on the LDR it shuts off[lol]
when it is not dark it wont glow and it only dim the headlamp when you put bright

Thanks for the info, I tried this earlier and the capacitor blasted.[frustration] Please let me know the specifications of the capacitor.

Capacitor blasts usually happens when its voltage exceeds its limit. Which capacitor value you used?
When choosing a capacitor its voltage value must be taken as 2*circuit voltage or higher so blasting because of over voltage can be avoided.

I think a "3000uf 24v" cap or a higer voltage value can be used. I dont have experience with this capacitor, so wait for his response(Since my stock dome light do this fading job)[:D]

Thread Starter #23
Capacitor blasts usually happens when its voltage exceeds its limit. Which capacitor value you used?
When choosing a capacitor its voltage value must be taken as 2*circuit voltage or higher so blasting because of over voltage can be avoided.

I think a "3000uf 24v" cap or a higer voltage value can be used. I dont have experience with this capacitor, so wait for his response(Since my stock dome light do this fading job)[:D]
You are right Kichu the capacitor blasted because capacitor rated voltage is less and the applied voltage is more that's why it blast. You can use a capacitor for your cabin light voltage rated form 25 volt and above don't use exact 12 volt capacitor it may blast.

the capacity of the capacitor is rated by uf (micro fared) for fading light you can use the capacitor form 3000 and above as the capacity increase (uf) the more the time the light last[;)]

Last edited:
The brake oil warning light and the engine oil warning light is not working in my Maruti 800 model 2004, plz help me what is the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #25
The brake oil warning light and the engine oil warning light is not working in my Maruti 800 model 2004, plz help me what is the problem?
sorry for the late replay,
Trouble/Possible Causes for Oil pressure warning light does not light up when ignition switch is on at engine off

1# Bulb in combination meter blown
2# IG-COIL fuse blown
3# Printed plate in combination meter faulty
4# Oil pressure switch faulty
5# Wiring or grounding faulty

Trouble/Possible Causes for Brake warning light does not light up when ignition switch is on at engine off

1# Bulb in combination meter blown
2# IG-COIL fuse blown
3# Printed plate in combination meter faulty
4# Brake fluid level switch faulty
5# Wiring or grounding faulty

Last edited:

Top Bottom