Discussion on Road Safety in India

Re: Road Safety in India

Its amazing how we get along each day driving through the unrelenting traffic, uneducated road users and uncivilized traffic police.

In fact, we are so drowned in our daily struggles on the road that we rarely have the time or the energy to look back at the problems that we face from a different perspective.

350Z

Core Team

And then there are guys like these who can't park
Perhaps he must have thought that the entire box is for his own car. Such instances are common in mall parkings. Oh by the way, Alto on the right looks too similar to Akash’s car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think that Honda City guy has taken too much space. But maybe the other two cars might have been there before like that.

Once I got stuck with no way to enter my car at the Forum Mall's parking ground in Cochin. An Innova was parked on my car's right side and a wagon R on the left, Both of them leaving some 3 inches for me to open the door. But I'm more than a couple of inches thick. Wonder what were they thinking, Altos are driven by mosquitoes? There was no way for me to enter the car. My wife and kid were with me and there were no park assistants to call either of the car's drivers. So guess what, I removed my shoes and got inside the car through the rear hatch. And good thing that I have no parcel shelf. Imagine if it was an elderly person in my place.

One of my friends uses a revenge tactic on these guys and that is scratching the offending car with his keys starting from the front fender to the tail light. I used to be cross with his behaviour. But after its happened to me, I feel what he's doing is out of desperation and frustration. But I dont think those guys would bother.

Last edited:

yup many times also. I park my car nicely. Even others are parked nicely. But when I leave that place, another fool comes and parks so closely to the driver's door. I have climbed in from Passenger window once. that is how extreme it got once.

Well yes parking problems exist in almost all the malls in Chennai too. And to top it all some moron will scratch my car somewhere each time! I have hell a lot of minor scratches made to my car in parking lots by others!

One of my friends uses a revenge tactic on these guys and that is scratching the offending car with his keys starting from the front fender to the tail light.
Dude...thats outright vandalism [shock]

But I dont think those guys would bother.
What makes you think so? Its a hell lot of work removing those scratches.

Dude...thats outright vandalism [shock]

What makes you think so? Its a hell lot of work removing those scratches.
It is outright vandalism,[confused] But its a direct result of provocation and its not just done by the vandal for fun like in other cases. Once, more than a decade ago, I had to take a taxi home after someone parked behind my car in a complex, My mom and I had gone to the bank in the complex and I went through all the shops and institutions asking whose car it was. But the owner was no where. After hunting for him and waiting for more than an hour,[cry] I had to return back by bus in the evening to pick my car which is 16 kms from my home. You actually can file a case against the owner of the car for wrongful restraint under I.P.C. I would have done that if it was now, But I was unaware of my rights then. And I wont turn into a vandal even back then. But some people do and I wont blame them 100 percent. Maybe they dont want to go in with a complaint at the cops. I would put the blame equally on both of them.

I have never seen someone who loves cars or bikes park their cars irresponsibly. None of my auto fanatic friends do and the guys who do this are completely selfish and dont give a darn about others and probably about their cars. I see a lot of those people at work too.

Last edited:

One of my friends uses a revenge tactic on these guys and that is scratching the offending car with his keys starting from the front fender to the tail light. I used to be cross with his behaviour. But after its happened to me, I feel what he's doing is out of desperation and frustration. But I dont think those guys would bother.
revenge tactics are utterly unacceptable , these practices ultimately lead to burning of public properties and hurting each other which is usual scenario in our nation.

maybe there can be any number of unavoidable reasons .

i beg you to advice your friend to avoid such practices.

violence is not always the answer .

revenge tactics are utterly unacceptable , these practices ultimately lead to burning of public properties and hurting each other which is usual scenario in our nation.

maybe there can be any number of unavoidable reasons .

i beg you to advice your friend to avoid such practices.

violence is not always the answer .
I can only advice him,which I've done already. But I cant control him. And he's a youngster and most youngsters out there nowadays spew a lot of venom and if you try to educate them, they turn against you. Hate and rage are the two best things they give out. I feel sad seeing this.

350Z

Core Team

I came across this video today. Its just three minutes and five seconds long, But says a lot about the traffic scenario in the nation. Please watch.
Brilliant video. I noticed it floating around on Facebook but just watched when you posted it here. Typically describes the actual scenario in India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom